Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the cheapest VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is the cheapest VPS?

Hello, I am looking for a cheap vps for my small business. It would also be great if there is a vps provider that provides support on installation, configuration.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

So you looking for the cheapest managed vps?

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Pay Peanuts, Get monkey.

Especially for a small business, you want to pay something reasonable, that isn't down 65 days out of the year, which affects your business.

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • I wanted a low cost vps recently and I looked to the right of the screen and the ads. 3.38 dollars can't get any lower enjoy

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@atmwebhost said:
    I wanted a low cost vps recently and I looked to the right of the screen and the ads. 3.38 dollars can't get any lower enjoy

Lol then you need to watch the thread carefully there are many cheap VPS like OVH sale $12 for 1 year , renewal price is different.
    Racknerd Sale also around $13 for a year same renewal price.

@thecreator_ you can get the cheap vps but cheap management is not possible

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • @Neoon said:

Even though it is not fully managed, I would like to get support for the problems I am experiencing.

• harrisonharrison Member
    edited January 2023

@Neoon said:

While we're at it, what do companies mean by "managed" servers? Like the customer asks the company to install apache and nodejs for them?

If someone needs a managed service, shouldn't they choose shared hosting and not a VPS?

Thanked by 2kait thecreator_
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

installation and configuration is managed.

No cheap vps provider is going to provide any configuration support for whatever you wanna run.

Thanked by 2thecreator_ harrison
  • We think cant get Cheap VPS with mange.

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • VirMach? cough

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

We can provide a help if needed, we do big January sales so you be able to check the deals at URL:
    https://www.web-project.co.uk/current-deals

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • i have a vps on my 286 .

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • vir

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • the cheapest vps are in the past.

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • @readycheapcloud said:
    We think cant get Cheap VPS with mange.

I hope your VPS doesn't have mange.

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • @thecreator_ said:
    Hello, I am looking for a cheap vps for my small business. It would also be great if there is a vps provider that provides support on installation, configuration.

3 words - get shared hosting. Dont question it.

If you need help even with installation you shouldnt get cheap VPS to run your business.

Waste of time and potential problems, downtimes by doing something wrong for 0 benefits.

VPSes are nice when you have skills to manage them or have money to hire professional or its not business-critical (hobby site, personal project, own plex server etc.).

RackNerd has good deal on shared hosting (you can see best deal in my sig, 2023 deals have worse value), generous limits that can handle milion of views monthly easily.

Thanked by 2thecreator_ harrison
  • @fluffernutter said:

@readycheapcloud said:
    We think cant get Cheap VPS with mange.

I hope your VPS doesn't have mange.

Normally we provide VPS without manage. But you requested with manage we can provide with additional charges. No any issues.

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

VanwaTech's free vps for 1$ a year. Works great with 10kbps disk speed and 10mbit bw. Really cheap and worth the money. /s

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@thecreator_ said:

"cheap" and "for business" don't go together.

I think @AXYZE put it quite well. In your situation and for your case just getting some good quality web hosting with good support is the best and cheapest option.

Thanked by 2thecreator_ AXYZE
  • VoidVoid Member
    edited January 2023

@readycheapcloud said:
    we can provide with additional charges. No any issues.

No you can’t and there will be issues.

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • @thecreator_ said:

Go here (no aff)

• @Ganonk said:

@thecreator_ said:

Go here (no aff)

Thank you

Thanked by 1thecreator_
  • abiaolaogeabiaolaoge Member
    edited January 2023

@FatGrizzly said: 10kbps disk speed

Run Alpine Linux in memory using diskless mode, ignoring that disk.

• i get that this forum has people who manage their own servers, but what does your business need with a vps? if it is just to host a simple website with basic info of your business, you can get by without one even.

if you need to do more, you either pay a person in your business or the hosting provider to get the technical things done. the support doesn't come cheap, only the server can. at least from what i've seen till now.

Thanked by 1thecreator_