Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with WSI. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My experience with WSI.

2»

Comments

• @frzzl said:
    Ladies!

Final email was sent yesterday, which was the only one which received a reply.

First email was sent over a week ago (7 days)

5 days = 1 week - weekend

How many "chances" do they deserve? Whats is this, the reach-around mafia?

The insults don't add to your cause.

What if this was the reach-around mafia. You seem to be apart of it ;)

As this was not your first version of the story. Few believe it.

• Sure. How bout some takeout, too?

• Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

said: These guys are a small hosting company. Cancellations department? Really?

Not really. They have over I guess somewhere around 8k or 10k servers.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

yep, take a screenshot of the first email you sent a week ago and the case is closed WSI are a bunch of money grabbing bastards and you are king, obviously if not you get demoted back to a stampy footed child.

• @rds100 said:
    dnwk it's because unreasonable customers in general lead to higher cost of business and rising the prices for everyone, including the genuine reasonable customers.

I know OP doesn't sound reasonable. I was thinking one's long lasting reputation can work for their good as a long run. Compare to VD vs Burst episode

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited December 2013

@zen I don't think it should be deleted. But maybe have title edited. And in this thread, you will see how strong the WSI's reputation that OP get back slashed. And it actually benefits WSI in my opinion, if someone managed to read through the thread.

• Did you bother to tell WSI that they charged you despite cancellation request so they can work something out with you or did you come crying here immediately.

what a surprise, no evidence posted, he runs away when he cant back up his claims.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2013

@zhuanyi said:
    File a chargeback if you want, it was their automated system who charged you, I am sure they have no interest in taking 20 bucks away from you, your cancellation request was not processed over the weekend.

Horrible advice. Like was said above, show the company a little respect and have the patience to resolve the issue through normal channels.

FYI, the OP made multiple posts over on WebHostingTalk in regards to this issue. The OP was similarly refuted by forum members. He seems more interested in bashing a hosting company than resolving the issue.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1331531

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1331515

I think we've all had customers like this one before :rolleyes:

• Why is it the OP in these types of posts is always hesitant about supplying images...

And when they finally do show us the images it's around 20-24 hours later once they've figured out how to use FireBug and made a good story..

Images or GTFO.

• The great thing about the Internet is you can say anything you want and make yourself look like a jackass, at will.

• @Zen in general I agree with you but as you said it yourself

Zen said: And before OP or anyone else who wants to be a smart ass in 1/2 pages if indeed he is actually in the right - this post of mine applies as a generalization, and is not specific to this thread.

and because of that

Zen said: After 50-100 replies from members saying the same thing, MAYBE the title is changed by a moderator/administrator

So at which point do we decide who's right? I really don't want to be the arbiter in this or any similar thread (and I don't think any moderator/admin should be).

I've changed the title, that's about as much as I can do at this point.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @vedran said:
    I've changed the title, that's about as much as I can do at this point.

The title is quite perfect. It describes exactly what's discussed here. IMHO, in the future the titles of all alike threads should be changed to "My experience with $ISPNAME".

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • ska said: in the future the titles of all alike threads should be changed to "My experience with $ISPNAME".

or possibly "I am a childish moron".

edited December 2013

@zhuanyi said:
    Read before commenting further, thanks

I read through everything before I posted and I thought your suggestion was horrible. You know how chargebacks work, right? Wholesale Internet would get slapped with a $20+ chargeback fee on top of the full payment refunded back to the customer. Wholesale Internet doesn't deserve that.

Additionally, a chargeback is not the quickest way to get the issue sorted out. Chargebacks are lengthy process with plenty of paperwork and signed attestations required by both parties. Chargebacks should be reserved for fraudulent charges where the merchant is not responsive. This is not one of those cases.

• We probably should have a written Title Policy

• so did wsi refund?

@BrianHarrison

Agreed, not the fastest and not the right way either, what so many people who cry chargeback forget is that although they might get the money back fast the investigation continues, I have been the merchant on the receiving end of a few unfair charge backs.

It takes time, patience and persistence but the net result being that if you can not only prove that the reason for charge back is false, but the person intentionally miss represented himself in order to simply grab back the money you get the payment re-reversed as well as any charges incurred and the card owner usually then gets a hefty fine and loses all access to the card as it is nothing less than fraud.

I had a similar case it took me MONTHS to sort it out, when I finally won the case and had the charges reversed again I started getting furious daily emails from the person telling me how many problems this has caused by losing the card and how unfair it all is.

So people really need to stop for 10 seconds and think.

1) Am I entitled to a charge back.

2) Am I telling the WHOLE truth when doing the charge back.

3) Am I happy to live with the consequence if I lose.

Thanked by 2rds100 vRozenSch00n
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    So people really need to stop for 10 seconds and think.

That's probably a lost cause... because for those 10 seconds... this is what goes through their minds:

1) Am I entitled to a charge back.

Always, "the customer is always right"

2) Am I telling the WHOLE truth when doing the charge back.

Of course, they're the scammers.

3) Am I happy to live with the consequence if I lose.

No, the world is corrupt. They're the 1% and don't care about truth/justice/my rights.

@cosmicgate said:
    so did wsi refund?

If he sent in his cancellation a day or two before the renewal (on a weekend), then it's likely that he's not even entitled to a refund. I have a feeling Wholesale Internet will do it anyway, but most hosts require at least a week advance notice to stop a recurring credit card charge from executing as normal.

• @BrianHarrison said:
    Additionally, a chargeback is not the quickest way to get the issue sorted out. Chargebacks are lengthy process with plenty of paperwork and signed attestations required by both parties. Chargebacks should be reserved for fraudulent charges where the merchant is not responsive. This is not one of those cases.

I was being sarcastic when I said it....if you can't even read the link I gave you, then please go back to your reading class again.