Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CRAZY PRICE]Super Micro Dual Xeon L5420 for sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[CRAZY PRICE]Super Micro Dual Xeon L5420 for sale

Hello.

I am looking to part with a SuperMicro X7DCA-L server with the following specs:

Dual Intel Xeon L5420

12GB RAM

1x500GB HDD(WD Caviar Blue) and 1x128GB SSD(Crucial RealSSD C300)

SuperMicro X7DCA-L mobo in 1U SuperMicro chassis

The server is currently being colocated, and I'll also throw in 20 days of colo if you'd like.

lshw output || dmidecode output

Price: $450 or best offer(PayPal only)

Comments

• Where is it colocated at?

• @concerto49 said:
    Where is it colocated at?

Dacentec. The colocation costs $30 per month.

• Is there any IMPI? for the $30/month for the colo what is included BW wise and IP wise?

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited December 2013

@mitpatterson said:
    Is there any IMPI? for the $30/month for the colo what is included BW wise and IP wise?

You get free IPMI-on-request. Dacentec's support is very fast, whenever I've requested IPMI access from them, they've given it to me within 30 minutes. You get 2TB BW on a 1Gbps port, and a /29 I believe, 1 usable IPv4 address. You can check the details here.

• I was looking there. Does the motherboard it self have IPMI? for the $5/month IPMI port usage?

Also do you know how they will work the transfer if it was purchased?

• Other thing is when i had conversed with their sales/support before(which was very quick) they mentioned that the servers they sell normally need an upgrade on the power which actually made the colo cost $40/month. I assume you did the lease to own?

Also where is this physically co-located?

edited December 2013

@mitpatterson said:
    I was looking there. Does the motherboard it self have IPMI? for the $5/month IPMI port usage?

Also do you know how they will work the transfer if it was purchased?

No, the motherboard doesn't have on-board IPMI. But I believe they will provide you a Lantronix Spider KVM-over-IP device for the $5. I've done transfers with them before, they'll take around 3-4 days for that. We'd only need to give them a signed bill of sale(we can sign it online).

edited December 2013

@mitpatterson said:
    Other thing is when i had conversed with their sales/support before(which was very quick) they mentioned that the servers they sell normally need an upgrade on the power which actually made the colo cost $40/month. I assume you did the lease to own?

Also where is this physically co-located?

The colo costs $30/month. I did not do the LTO. The server is colocated at their DC in Lenoir, North Carolina.

• How has their network been from what you've seen? And given this would be a straight sale that would mean at any time i could pay their $50 to pack up the server and then pay to have it shipped if i ever wanted to move it or what ever right?(sorry first time really contemplating buying the hardware out right)

• @mitpatterson said:
    How has their network been from what you've seen? And given this would be a straight sale that would mean at any time i could pay their $50 to pack up the server and then pay to have it shipped if i ever wanted to move it or what ever right?(sorry first time really contemplating buying the hardware out right)

Their network is excellent and very stable, compared to many other providers I've used. Yes, you could pay the $50 and have them pack up the server and ship it out of their DC if you ever wanted to move, but I don't think you'd like to do that once you've been with them, they are very good.

• How long has the server been running currently with the drives and stuff? Did you build this server? if so do you know which chassis it has?

• @mitpatterson said:
    How long has the server been running currently with the drives and stuff? Did you build this server? if so do you know which chassis it has?

It has a SuperMicro 1U chassis, I don't know more about the chassis than that, sorry. Here's the smartctl power_on_hours output

• ah ok. Was hoping to know if it had hot swap bays or not, and if it was maxed out physically on drives or not. That 500Gb doesn't give me much faith as its over 2.5 years of use... i've never had good luck with HDD's that old lol.

• @mitpatterson said:
    ah ok. Was hoping to know if it had hot swap bays or not, and if it was maxed out physically on drives or not. That 500Gb doesn't give me much faith as its over 2.5 years of use... i've never had good luck with HDD's that old lol.

I don't have knowledge of that. The drive is performing well, but I could throw in a brand new 1TB drive for $40 more.

• Also out of curisoisty how long have you had this sever? I noticed a previous thread of yours said you had never used Dacentec

edited December 2013

@mitpatterson said:
    Also out of curisoisty how long have you had this sever? I noticed a previous thread of yours said you had never used Dacentec

I've had this server ~1 1/2 months, but I can assure you that me selling this server doesn't mean that I had a bad experience with Dacentec or the server malfunctioned or anything of that sort.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

OMG think of all your questions and ask them all at once or via PM haha!

Not a bad deal either way.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    OMG think of all your questions and ask them all at once or via PM haha!

Not a bad deal either way.

I tried to think of them all at once but keep thinking of more. Plus who knows if someone else had the same questions

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

:) it reads like a kid that wont stop saying "but why?"

I am and was only joking though, did not mean anything by it.

• The server has been sold to @mitpatterson, and is no longer available.

• aka an admin can close the thread

This discussion has been closed.