Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I tested the new ownCloud "Infinite Scale"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I tested the new ownCloud "Infinite Scale"

Disappointing in the first version. It's definitely faster than the old ownCloud or Nextcloud, and the desktop client on Mac doesn't freeze like Nextcloud's, but it's still much slower at syncing compared to Resilio Sync and I was shocked that you can't edit any advanced settings in the UI or install apps from the marketplace. You can't even enabled 2FA WTF. They say that this version is GA and "production ready". Unbelievable

Thanked by 2arda hackerman

Comments

• They implement from scratch so features should be lagged behind the Nextcloud.

• @quanhua92 said:
    They implement from scratch so features should be lagged behind the Nextcloud.

I understand that, but they shouldn't label it as "production ready" if you can't event enable 2fa, IMO

Thanked by 1arda
  • Hello vitobotta! Have you teste .MP4 file? on Nextcloud trying to get thumbnails preview for videos is a pain in the neck.

• @Tony40 said:
    Hello vitobotta! Have you teste .MP4 file? on Nextcloud trying to get thumbnails preview for videos is a pain in the neck.

This usually comes down to codecs installed on the OS. Check you have all the prerequisites and ffmpeg and the like is installed.

Thanked by 1Tony40