Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crunchbits Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crunchbits Review

Hi there,

I couldn't find any reviews on Crunchbits here myself (albeit I haven't logged onto LET for years), so I decided to write up a short review for others.

I purchased a game (Valheim) during the Christmas deals on Steam with some friends and decided I need to host a server (my local PC/ internet isn't the greatest) for the group. I was browsing for game hosting servers and couldn't find something that matched my budget for the specs. Many were upmarking their prices because they also helped manage your game server (installing mods/ plugins, updates, etc) but I figured I didn't need help with that because I am familiar with Google myself. Then I stumbled upon Crunchbits and decided to try out their EPYC-run servers (hindsight, it is overkill for my needs).

Fast forward a week, and the service has just been amazing. I got the 4GB DDR4 / 2 3.0GHz+ EPYC Cores variant and it was setup within minutes of purchasing. I know I've only had the server for about a week, but there has been 0 problems and response times for tickets are very very reasonable.

Since my server is overkill, I will be transferring to their regular Fast NVMe servers later tonight, and they are willing to let me try it out before even paying!

I am just very happy with their service.

Let me know if anyone has any questions about my particular server!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• And that’s all well and good but you seem to have forgotten the required YABS.

Thanked by 2Annointed greentea
  • And that’s all well and good but you seem to have forgotten the required YABS.

Thanked by 1emgh

Thanked by 1emgh
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

And that’s all well and good but you seem to have forgotten the required YABS.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Ah my bad, I did not realize that was required. Here it is:

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Here's a second one because I didn't realize my Valheim server was running..

Thanked by 1emgh
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@Annointed said:
    Ah my bad, I did not realize that was required. Here it is:

Different YABS may be , because in your post you said I got the 4GB DDR4 / 2 3.0GHz+ EPYC Cores variant and it was setup within minutes of purchasing. But here its showing different

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @ManishPant said:

@Annointed said:
    Ah my bad, I did not realize that was required. Here it is:

Different YABS may be , because in your post you said I got the 4GB DDR4 / 2 3.0GHz+ EPYC Cores variant and it was setup within minutes of purchasing. But here its showing different

"Since my server is overkill, I will be transferring to their regular Fast NVMe servers later tonight"

I switched to this variant just last night:

• emghemgh Member
    edited January 2023

Looks very nice, sweet. Thanks for the YABS!

Thanked by 1greentea
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited January 2023

Always suplement your review with following information:

1. Direct link to website. No aff, no tracking links;
    2. Relevant YABS results in text format. No image embed or link to third parties. Testing should be done in series of 20 tests and last test result accepted as valid;
    3. Available discounts if any;
    4. Support experience on two separate instances: sales and tech support;
    5. Uptime monitoring output if any;
    6. Network usage pattern: is it heavy on ingress or egress. Average bandwidth consumption per month;
    7. Redacted last invoice image embed for mentioned service as a proof;

Review should be performed after minimum of 90 days of service. Paid, not sponsored or in any other way biased.

Thanked by 2op23 greentea
  • @LTniger said: Testing should be done in series of 20 tests and last test result accepted as valid;

Not consecutively or you'll get flagged for abuse by most providers!

• @ralf said:

@LTniger said: Testing should be done in series of 20 tests and last test result accepted as valid;

Not consecutively or you'll get flagged for abuse by most providers!

And this will be indicator of oversold node. Tests can be done within 24 hours, but consecutive tests also allowed. When true load hits, it does consecutively.