Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor VS Virtfusion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor VS Virtfusion

JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

hey guys!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

looking at changing our VM Panel , Virtualizor keeps having problems and there support can never resolve .

seen many hosted have made the switch to Virtfusion , what does hosts using it rate it?

currently waiting for my demo of it , hopefully its a smooth transition

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited January 2023

Maybe @MikeA, @Hybula and @crunchbits can share their comments and feedback.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

It is top-notch. The interface is dumbie proof!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I would not touch Virtualizor, It might be cheap but that's it.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Jasonhyperhost said:
    hey guys!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

looking at changing our VM Panel , Virtualizor keeps having problems and there support can never resolve .

seen many hosted have made the switch to Virtfusion , what does hosts using it rate it?

Huge fan. Before finding VF we had tried (internally) Virtualizor, SolusVM, SolusIO, and Proxmox.

We still use Proxmox to this day for certain internal uses/tasks and it is excels at some stuff, but for general VPS/VDS user-facing deployment VirtFusion blows them all away. As much as I'd hate competition ( ;) ) Phill is always extremely helpful and definitely supports his customers. The product is hands-down the best (for us), and it runs extremely seamlessly. Feedback from customers has been very positive as well.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

VirtFusion doesn't compare to either and you'll not regret using it.

• @Jasonhyperhost said:
    hey guys!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hi,

Sir, would it be possible to know what issue you are facing with Virtualizor. We will prioritize on giving you support to address the issues.
    If you have opened a ticket, please let me know the ticket number.

Regards

• nullroutenullroute Member, Host Rep

Virtualizor is good enough for production, actively supported and fast.

Virtfusion is a one man company, I can't take it seriously until I have at least a team of 10+ people.

edited January 2023

@true_nullroute said:

Virtfusion is a one man company, I can't take it seriously until I have at least a team of 10+ people.

There's two, technically. I'd rather have one very good developer than a dozen bad ones. Look at Virtualizor, it's a full team, and still doesn't feel refined after a decade.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited January 2023

@true_nullroute
    neutral opinion from a dev.

One man is not the issue . He is not providing hosting. In theory if the code is well coded and well tested, then there is not much overhead. Customer basically install and follow documentation. Unless it is doomed with many bugs, it should be fine.

I'm more interested in code inspection by a reputable third party, for vulnerabilities.
    The person in question also has a background of actually delivering successful products (uh uhm solus).

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

We have used SolusVM and Virtualizor.

Virtualizor is better than SolusVM in term of features, stability and UI.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@true_nullroute said:

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

Virtualizor is good and production ready. But I think their dev should consider a rewrite with clean UI lean code and utilizing all the experience they have earned so far from actual users. For virtfusion, it is getting better, few things might not be there but can be done manually. But the way its going, probably in 2-4 years, will be a very strong and all-round product.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Both of them suck. You just have to bite the bullet with whichever support seems better.

Virtualizor is significantly cheaper as well if you are a large-scale company ($9/mo vs $15/mo).

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2023

@aqua said:
    Both of them suck. You just have to bite the bullet with whichever support seems better.

Virtualizor is significantly cheaper as well if you are a large-scale company ($9/mo vs $15/mo).

Actually $7/node/mo at "large scale" because of NOC discounts (Virtualizor).
    The price increase for VirtFusion is worth it though :)

Thanked by 1gbzret4d

@Advin said:

@aqua said:

Actually $7/node/mo at "large scale" because of NOC discounts.

Yeah, that too.

• What is better and easier for privat purpose? I want to setup some vps on my dedicated server as easy as possible.

@gbzret4d said:
    What is better and easier for privat purpose? I want to setup some vps on my dedicated server as easy as possible.

If you want to setup a control panel on the same system as the VMs, probably none. Proxmox will be better for personal use.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d

@gbzret4d said:
    What is better and easier for privat purpose? I want to setup some vps on my dedicated server as easy as possible.

Use Proxmox then if it's private. No need to pay if you don't need to.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • edited April 2023

It looks kind of basic to me. Also, he is charging around 50% more than Solus/Virtualizor. Why would I want to pay 50% more to a one man operation? Given his history, there is a not insignificant chance he sells it off again like with Solus.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

we was on virtualizor before but we was getting many many problems which there support always struggled to resolve, we did have a few dev server we was testing other VM Panels to see what we belive would be best for our clients , we tried out Solus , Proxmox , VMware "with whmcs intergration" but Virtfusion smashed them both out the park in usability and ease for end user while giving our admins the access to do things,

had a fair amount of feedback from current clients how much easier it is to navigate and use over our previous panel "virtualizor" so if the customers like it , its a win.

yes its more expensive but for the quality of it at the moment its justifiable,

but as some people have said he virtualizor do have tiered licenses now and charge more for extra features , everything if there with VF no upgrades or anything needed for features.

there team are very active on discord & support ticket if needed "replies within a hour"

Virtualizor lucky to get a reply within a day on there tickets,

from this write up can see were very happy with our move.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MikeA said:

@true_nullroute said:

There's two, technically. I'd rather have one very good developer than a dozen bad ones. Look at Virtualizor, it's a full team, and still doesn't feel refined after a decade.

This is not so easy.

If virtualizor is that old, is going to have a shiton of legacy crap in this code base, I bet my ass on it.
    That still doesn't mean the developers are bad.

On the other hand, you have one developer, which is pretty good on its on code base, right, because he has written all of it, mostly on its own. He is going to be a fucking ninja in this codebase.

However, if that one guy, goes, at some point, whatever the reason might be.
    Pray for the the lord, that the documentation and the code, is good, is readable, understandable.

Otherwise, its going to be a fucking shitfest and you gonna be in the middle of it.

Thanked by 1MikeA