Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every second does count⏱
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Every second does count⏱

Did you know that over 50% of users abandon sites that take longer than three seconds to load?

Google's research on rapidly growing traffic from mobile devices is the source of these statistics. Along with annoying advertising banners, the low site performance was cited as a source of slow traffic.
Would you rather not find yourself inside these statistics and out of business? Come and join the services of Solar Communications, one of the fastest hosting providers in Europe.

You're always welcome to our community and please don't forget to apply your welcome coupon on the first prder, which you can find through our posts.

WHY SOLAR?

• Our Data is center located in the heart of Europe's most reliable country, Switzerland, and offers the highest level of security and privacy;
  • Pay any way: we accept Paypal, Credit cards, Bank wire, Perfect money, WebMoney, Crypto;
  • Every time you order any service, we top up your balance!
You can use your cashback balance to cover up to 100% of your order.
;
  • We guarantee our clients 99,999% uptime;
  • Your project is always under DDoS protection up to 10 Gbit;
  • With us you’ll get stable, first-rate support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

JOIN OUR PLATFORM: https://solarcom.ch/

CASHBACK
Every time you order any service, we top up your balance! 
You can use your cashback balance to place new purchases or extend existing ones after your payment has been processed. 0.5% of the order's total will be credited to your cashback account. There is no cap on cashback spending - you can use your bonus amount to cover 100% of your order.

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA -- NEW CONTENT WEEKLY!!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SolarComSwiss
Facebook: https://facebook.com/SolarCommunications
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/solarcomswiss

Comments

• Moved from General to Offers (because effectively, this is an offer thread)

Thanked by 1Solarcom
  • 0.5% are too ...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

That's why CDN's do exist.

• BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited January 2023

@angstrom said:
    Moved from General to Offers (because effectively, this is an offer thread)

So basically selling rules doesn't matter?
    I mean this doesn't even have a single plan mentioned and no pricing at all..

So what's the need to have any selling or pricing limit rule?

This provider deliberately post same kind of offer thread per and over again but mod ignoring this..

So from now any provider can post any kind of offer because they paid the LET ransom?

I mean is this the new PurpleDaddy!!??

You are a very good mod @angstrom but I'm not sure why you missed that!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @BingoBongo said:

@angstrom said:
    Moved from General to Offers (because effectively, this is an offer thread)

So basically selling rules doesn't matter?
    I mean this doesn't even have a single plan mentioned and no pricing at all..

So what's the need to have any selling or pricing limit rule?

This provider deliberately post same kind of offer thread per and over again but mod ignoring this..

So from now any provider can post any kind of offer because they paid the LET ransom?

I mean is this the new PurpleDaddy!!??

You are a very good mod @angstrom but I'm not sure why you missed that!

Hi @BingoBongo ,

What exactly did I miss?

If you can point to the particular rule that the OP has broken, I will gladly reconsider, but at the moment, I don't see that the OP has broken any rules. (Except for posting in General instead of Offers, but I corrected this)

At this time, LET doesn't have a rule that says that a provider needs to post a specific offer if they advertise their services in an offer thread

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 2023

@angstrom said: If you can point to the particular rule that the OP has broken

1. For currency other than USD, it is your responsibility to ensure the equivalent USD price at the time of posting is within the rules.
      Robot says: Not a single currency detected.

2. List the final recurring price after any discounts.
      Robot says: Not a single recurring price detected.

3. Be informative in your offers. List basic specifications (memory, storage, bandwidth, port speed, virtualization technology) and pricing on a per-plan basis. Datacenter location and a test IP or Looking Glass would be ideal.
      Robot says: Not a single basic specifications or pricing on a per-plan basis detected.

I am very glad you moved this to Offers (and provider is blocked for another 10 days), but this is not an offer, it's just weekly newsletter spam.

Thanked by 2BingoBongo Levi
  • ^Please bold what robot says, make it more clear.

Thanked by 2yoursunny BingoBongo
  • @JabJab said:

1. For currency other than USD, it is your responsibility to ensure the equivalent USD price at the time of posting is within the rules.

3. Be informative in your offers. List basic specifications (memory, storage, bandwidth, port speed, virtualization technology) and pricing on a per-plan basis. Datacenter location and a test IP or Looking Glass would be ideal.
      Robot says: Not a single basic specifications or pricing on a per-plan basis detected.

I am very glad you moved this to Offers (and provider is blocked for another 10 days), but this is not an offer, it's just weekly newsletter spam.

@angstrom exactly this...

No plan details mentioned no information about pricing.. and all others..

On their website almost all products is more than $10

So by this logic any provider can post this kind of thread even if their products pricing is above $10 limit

• @JabJab said:

Hi @JabJab ,

Thanks for your efforts, but I don't really see how the OP has broken rules 3, 4, or 5. In order for these rules to be applicable, a specific offer needs to posted. If a specific offer isn't posted, then these rules aren't applicable

I understand well that users on LET are accustomed to seeing (and in fact prefer seeing) specific offers posted, but as I said above, at this time, a provider isn't obliged to post a specific offer in an offer thread

(If I've gotten this wrong, then I'm sure that a mod or an admin will correct me!)

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited January 2023

@BingoBongo said:

@JabJab said:

See my reply to @JabJab just above

In USD, their cheapest VPS plan costs $8.43/month

So by this logic any provider can post this kind of thread even if their products pricing is above $10 limit

Most if not all providers have products that they don't explicitly mention in offer threads that are above the LET pricing rules

• Lowering standards for offers is not the zen way. It promotes indolence, prone to misinterpretation and are repulsive for those who seek quick and easy dose of nice promotion to consume.

Don't let your guard down, keep your standards and decorum on high end at the low end forum.

Thanked by 1BingoBongo
  • @FAT32 @raindog308 sorry to disturb you guys.. but as you are more mature mod here, can you please confirm if it's acceptable to just post website link in offer thread without mentioning any plan, specs or pricing?

So what's the point to have any pricing limit on selling rules?

• @angstrom said:

@BingoBongo said:

@JabJab said:

See my reply to @JabJab just above

In USD, their cheapest VPS plan costs $8.43/month

Most if not all providers have products that they don't explicitly mention in offer threads that are above the LET pricing rules

Thanks for your reply..

But it's still unclear why is there any rule/pricing limit when any provider can post this kind of thread..

Hope other mods can clarify this..

Thanks anyway

BTW, wish you a very happy new year :smiley:

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited January 2023

@BingoBongo said: So what's the point to have any pricing limit on selling rules?

@BingoBongo said: But it's still unclear why is there any rule/pricing limit when any provider can post this kind of thread..

Sorry but I'll just chip in.

Not "any provider" but only Patron Providers are allowed to post offers in the "Offers" category.

So let's say you run a business selling home-brewed beer/liquor and you're traveling/flying to a foreign country for leisure (or even business) and thought of bringing some bottles with you to promote and to use as "testers", you would have to conform to the Customs limits and other importation rules & regulations that are in place.

Now if you're traveling without bringing any of them with you, and you'll just promote/market your business and goods by word-of-mouth or by handing out flyers or whatever, then those specific limits don't and won't apply.

Paying for the flight ticket and other tourist taxes/fees (if any) doesn't mean you have to bring those stuff in (physically), but if you're planning to or if you do, there are rules and limits for them.

I mean that's how I see it, but well, I'm not a "mature mod" so I'll let @raindog308 or @jbiloh comment or correct me if I'm wrong ✌️

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited January 2023
    1. You don't have cashback, you have credits.
    2. You don't state your "We guarantee our clients 99,999% uptime" anywhere or list the SLA and reimbursement when down.

I've never had a good experience with any company that falsely calls a credit system as cashback. If the customer can't take that money out to spend on something else, it's credit. Plain and simple. It's literally in the names.

Oh, and buy 200 services and get one free, isn't the promo you think it is.