Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Year, New Payment Type Coming Soon: PUSH-UPS! ..Oh, and 56% off all NVMe VPS with some freebies! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Year, New Payment Type Coming Soon: PUSH-UPS! ..Oh, and 56% off all NVMe VPS with some freebies!

13»

Comments

• Thanks for freebies!

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • Nice deals!

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • TrKTrK Member

If shipping to India is allowed, i know someone who can enjoy that Freebie #1!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TrK said:

@Otus9051 ?

• TrKTrK Member

@yoursunny said:

@TrK said:

@Otus9051 ?

Jmax!

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@sh97 said:
    Nice deals!

Thank you :)

@TrK said:

Of course it is. Might take awhile to clear, but I'll send anywhere.

• Do you have any free VPS for 1 year? ;)

• Those are some wonderful storage prices, WebNX levels even.

Do all your routes go through SEA? Spot checking some traces I usually see SEA even from the East, with a few times that I'm not able to make sense of the hostnames.

@HackedServer said:
    Those are some wonderful storage prices, WebNX levels even.

Do all your routes go through SEA? Spot checking some traces I usually see SEA even from the East, with a few times that I'm not able to make sense of the hostnames.

Yeah, the storage is almost always sold out. It doesn't help that we're waiting on a few pallets of hardware that were heavily delayed by holidays so the backlog is pretty high.

No, there are 2 additional routes (outside of heading to SIX). One goes north (over the border) and the other SE towards SLC. Generally everything seems to prefer SEA/SIX routing unless it's congested or very local, though. Probably just bandwidth and peering.

Thanked by 2raza19 HackedServer
  • @crunchbits said:

@HackedServer said:

Yeah, the storage is almost always sold out. It doesn't help that we're waiting on a few pallets of hardware that were heavily delayed by holidays so the backlog is pretty high.

No, there are 2 additional routes (outside of heading to SIX). One goes north (over the border) and the other SE towards SLC. Generally everything seems to prefer SEA/SIX routing unless it's congested or very local, though. Probably just bandwidth and peering.

Despite knowing ur praiseworthy belief on having hardware first, I honestly wud still luv to pre order for a storage vps well ahead of delivery even months without any second thoughts. There are many reasons for this e.g. peace of mind for a consumer like me, I may not need the service right this instant but I'll at least have the surety of not missing out on the deal & in the bigger picture of designing my architecture I wud still get ur service eventually. On several occasions in the past decade on LET I have missed out on great deals just because I was caught up with work, family, etc, despite having waited for them. So in my opinion, pre-orders can be a good thing.

Thanked by 1crunchbits

@raza19 said:

@crunchbits said:

@HackedServer said:

Despite knowing ur praiseworthy belief on having hardware first, I honestly wud still luv to pre order for a storage vps well ahead of delivery even months without any second thoughts. There are many reasons for this e.g. peace of mind for a consumer like me, I may not need the service right this instant but I'll at least have the surety of not missing out on the deal & in the bigger picture of designing my architecture I wud still get ur service eventually. On several occasions in the past decade on LET I have missed out on great deals just because I was caught up with work, family, etc, despite having waited for them. So in my opinion, pre-orders can be a good thing.

That is an interesting point of view that I had not considered fully. I still hate breaking promises due to missing/late shipments or hardware arriving faulty so I don't think I'll do a full-on pre-order until the hardware is at least in our warehouse. Waiting on myself and the other techs to assemble, test, and build the RAID arrays is an acceptable "risk" on my end. I can tell you that I won't put everything immediately available to the public and give everyone that has expressed interest and has been waiting patiently plenty of time to get something if they still need storage services.

Really do appreciate the input though, it does help shape our policies and sentiment.

Thanked by 3raza19 tenji greentea
  • @crunchbits said:

That is an interesting point of view that I had not considered fully. I still hate breaking promises due to missing/late shipments or hardware arriving faulty so I don't think I'll do a full-on pre-order until the hardware is at least in our warehouse. Waiting on myself and the other techs to assemble, test, and build the RAID arrays is an acceptable "risk" on my end. I can tell you that I won't put everything immediately available to the public and give everyone that has expressed interest and has been waiting patiently plenty of time to get something if they still need storage services.

Really do appreciate the input though, it does help shape our policies and sentiment.

Just my own little sugestions : do your best and be honest if it's outside of your control. Demand over supply & quality over quantity [got it from a book, not mine].
    Good luck for this year & next for you and your bussiness 😁

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • Hope I can do 100 push-ups, but anyway Freebie 2 is good.

@tenji said:

Just my own little sugestions : do your best and be honest if it's outside of your control. Demand over supply & quality over quantity [got it from a book, not mine].
    Good luck for this year & next for you and your bussiness 😁

I agree. I won't go against internal rules we have, they're usually borne out of experience ;) Thank you for the kind words.

@NFSC said:
    Hope I can do 100 push-ups, but anyway Freebie 2 is good.

Hurry hurry, time is getting short ;)

@crunchbits said:

@NFSC said:

You need to integrate PushupPay gateway, so that you can accept push-up payments all year round without incurring support overhead.

Thanked by 1NFSC

@yoursunny said:

@crunchbits said:

@NFSC said:

You need to integrate PushupPay gateway, so that you can accept push-up payments all year round without incurring support overhead.

I'm waiting for someone to make Pushupcoin which is verified by AI algorithm watching your pushup form and depositing coins.

Thanked by 1NFSC
  • lowenddudelowenddude Member
    edited January 2023

I really like your control panel for dedicated servers, it's the best I've ever seen, better than the big companies too. I also like free stuff. Unfortunately the speed from the server to my home in Canada is very slow so I will probably not be able to stay with it.

• user123user123 Member
    edited January 2023

How did you decide on 56PUSHUPS as the coupon code when the 2GB plan would require 96 push-ups and the 8GB plan would require 323 push-ups to be fully covered? ;)

I'm interested in #1 and think I made it in just under the wire.

Edit: I also love the push-up payment idea.

Thanked by 2yoursunny crunchbits
  • @yoursunny said:

@crunchbits said:

@NFSC said:

Followed by "Crunchbits shareholders will be replacing the CEO..." .

Thanked by 1crunchbits
    Thanked by 1crunchbits
    edited January 2023

@user123 said:
    How did you decide on 56PUSHUPS as the coupon code when the 2GB plan would require 96 push-ups and the 8GB plan would require 323 push-ups to be fully covered? ;)

I'm interested in #1 and think I made it in just under the wire.

Edit: I also love the push-up payment idea.

56% off + pushups can be used to pay the remaining. We also had a little on-the-fly squat and burpee market creation so none of the coupons made any sense eventually.

@TimboJones said:
    Followed by "Crunchbits shareholders will be replacing the CEO..." .

I'll keep doing pushups to make it harder for them to physically remove me from the offices.

@yoursunny said:
    I can't walk for two days…

Thats what she said ;)

Edit: Obviously the coupon has expired and event is over, but thank you to the participants! Stand-by for something extra in the coming days. To everyone that DM'd about shirts we should have them out to you the week of Jan 16th. I'll update this thread when all of them are out.

• Hoping for some storage VPS deals. Got excited to see the 16TB plan for $33 and then found it was long expired (and out of stock).

@op23 said:
    Hoping for some storage VPS deals. Got excited to see the 16TB plan for $33 and then found it was long expired (and out of stock).

Don't worry, the storage plans weren't part of the 56% off. That is just the pricing on those. They'll be in stock extremely soon.

Thanked by 2op23 raza19
  • @crunchbits said:

@op23 said:
    Hoping for some storage VPS deals. Got excited to see the 16TB plan for $33 and then found it was long expired (and out of stock).

Don't worry, the storage plans weren't part of the 56% off. That is just the pricing on those. They'll be in stock extremely soon.

Which is this one?

• @yoursunny said:

@TrK said:

@Otus9051 ?

i have been summoned

Thanked by 1yoursunny