Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail.baby
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail.baby

team_traitorteam_traitor Member
edited January 2023 in Reviews

hello. I would like to ask how is the mail.baby service? How much email can you send every hour via API?

I will be sending mostly account registration confirmation link for new users and some lost password mail.

In case I consumed or maxed out the sending limit, is there any other platform who offers such simplicity on sending mails? As much as possible I don't want to touch dns records and stuff.

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I think it's 20 cents for every 1000 emails. I don't think there is a limit, it automatically stops spam emails from being sent.

• @Arkas said:
    I think it's 20 cents for every 1000 emails. I don't think there is a limit, it automatically stops spam emails from being sent.

oh. so the $1/mo is just a membership fee or something? It would be nice if they have a free 1k emails a month. Thank you for this information. I am not sure the volume of users but I want to ensure as much as possible the app can scale. Can you recommend something?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@team_traitor said: Can you recommend something?

Have you looked at MXRoute? @jar Can probably help you.

• team_traitorteam_traitor Member
    edited January 2023

@Arkas I think they don't have API like mail.baby. As much as possible I don't want to deal with dns records stuff. I'm too busy to research and set-up a mail to send only server and also have low-to-no knowledge.

• akhfaakhfa Member
    edited January 2023

How about amazon SES?

It still need DNS validation though

Thanked by 1Nhymxu
  • @akhfa said:
    How about amazon SES?

It still need DNS validation though

yeah and their mail service works best on their EC2 which is I am not familiar

• @team_traitor said:

@Arkas said:

oh. so the $1/mo is just a membership fee or something?

Well, they clearly say that there's a base fee of $1/m for the account

• Mail.baby charges $1 per month and $0.20 for every thousand email. I don't think they have an hourly limit and thru do filter outbound email (to prevent spam) .... which is OK for me because I'm using it for zabbix alerts and only a few hundred per month travel through it for me

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • I believe they prorate the $0.20 for every thousand email. My bill is usually $1.01