Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bypass/Solution for Hetzner Storage Box 10 Concurrent connections?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bypass/Solution for Hetzner Storage Box 10 Concurrent connections?

Hi,

Really want to use Hetzner Storage Box to store rsync backups from all my servers. But I have more than 10 servers, so making daily backups at night of all my servers would reach the 10 Concurrent connections limit, making it impossible to use/access.

As a solution I could buy a Hetzner Cloud Server and mount there using CIFS the StorageBox.

Maybe that way, I could bypass the 10 concurrent connections limit, since all my servers would connect (rsync) to the Cloud Server and the StorageBox would only have 1 connection active (the mounted CIFS).

In theory this seems fine. Anyone else has tested this? Anyone using storage box in a way you can bypass the 10 Concurrent connections?

Thanks

Comments

• You might be better off getting a "Polar Bear Storage Offer" from servarica and managing your own linux install.

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Backup servers at different times. 10 servers in each slot: 00.00, 06.00, 12.00, 18.00

Thanked by 2JabJab JohnFilch123
  • @FatGrizzly said:
    Backup servers at different times. 10 servers in each slot: 00.00, 06.00, 12.00, 18.00

It will not serve my case. To much data and all backups must run between 01-05AM

• You can buy 2x Hetzner Storage Box to achieve concurrent backups

• if i remember correctly, the limit is at account level. you can add up to 100 sub accounts, with 10 connections each.

• @nqservices said:
    Hi,

Really want to use Hetzner Storage Box to store rsync backups from all my servers. But I have more than 10 servers, so making daily backups at night of all my servers would reach the 10 Concurrent connections limit, making it impossible to use/access.

As a solution I could buy a Hetzner Cloud Server and mount there using CIFS the StorageBox.

Maybe that way, I could bypass the 10 concurrent connections limit, since all my servers would connect (rsync) to the Cloud Server and the StorageBox would only have 1 connection active (the mounted CIFS).

In theory this seems fine. Anyone else has tested this? Anyone using storage box in a way you can bypass the 10 Concurrent connections?

Thanks

You better ask from the Hetzner support.they will give you a solution on that

• @jazzii said:
    if i remember correctly, the limit is at account level. you can add up to 100 sub accounts, with 10 connections each.

This works for me.

• I'm surprised just staggering some of the servers to run later wasn't the easiest solution. I take it to mean you have more than 20 servers to back up.