Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with Residential IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with Residential IP

host4cheaphost4cheap Member
edited December 2022 in General

Looking for a small VPS with residential IP …only need to run Wireguard so 64-128MB ram should be enough

The sites I want to visit are blocked if ASN shows up as “hosting”.

VPN proxies seem expensive 15$/GB.

Comments

• How should that work ? Residential ips are only for residentials ? Or isn’t it ?

• Buy a residential proxy insted,

• @niranjan said:
    Buy a residential proxy insted,

Suggestions welcome

• @host4cheap said:

@niranjan said:

Suggestions welcome

Idk about any VPS providers with residential IPs but you can get residential IP from iproyal.

• you don't need a residential ip to run wireguard.

• @niranjan said:

@host4cheap said:

@niranjan said:

Suggestions welcome

Idk about any VPS providers with residential IPs but you can get residential IP from iproyal.

@amess said:
    you don't need a residential ip to run wireguard.

VPN proxies seem expensive 15$/GB.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

if i remember right, Blinkoh has residential ips. Im not sure

• I've been using proxysocks5.com for a couple years on a TikTok scraping project. They're kinda cheap depending on what ISP you choose. You pay per IP and have unlimited bandwidth, don't know if they have some hidden bandwidth limit but I haven't had any problems doing heavy scraping. There might be cheaper options around. I was recommended that site so I just went with it

• @dystopia said:
    I've been using proxysocks5.com for a couple years on a TikTok scraping project. They're kinda cheap depending on what ISP you choose. You pay per IP and have unlimited bandwidth, don't know if they have some hidden bandwidth limit but I haven't had any problems doing heavy scraping. There might be cheaper options around. I was recommended that site so I just went with it

I configure Wireguard at router level so all devices/traffic goes through VPN hence need a VPS

• Your best bet on let for that would be boomer.host.. Which i dont recommend it for anything else except wireguard. Even that one is questionable from time to time..

• @emperor said:
    Your best bet on let for that would be boomer.host.. Which i dont recommend it for anything else except wireguard. Even that one is questionable from time to time..

I got one and it just works. If you can lower your expectations in terms of support, uptime etc, it could be a decent choice.

• edited December 2022

@host4cheap said:

@niranjan said:

Suggestions welcome

https://rayobyte.com/products/residential-proxies, $15-1/GB depending on bandwidth usage

Note that a lot of residential proxy services are running botnets, like https://rsocks.net/. Rayobyte claim to ethically source their proxies

Alternatively buy a house in the US and put a Raspberry Pi in it running Wireguard, $0/GB (high setup fee)

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • @emperor said:
    Your best bet on let for that would be boomer.host.. Which i dont recommend it for anything else except wireguard. Even that one is questionable from time to time..

@jmaxwell said:

@emperor said:

I got one and it just works. If you can lower your expectations in terms of support, uptime etc, it could be a decent choice.

I have Boomer.host but recently the IP assigned ASN shows up as “hosting”

• @host4cheap said:

@emperor said:

@jmaxwell said:

@emperor said:

Are those in 207.2.120.x range ?

• @jmaxwell said:

@host4cheap said:

@emperor said:

@jmaxwell said:

@emperor said:

64.112.125.1XX

• I can’t seem to reset my original 1000MB package via WHMCS. White page and it’s not in VPS panel

• you want misaka.

company:Object,
    name:"Misaka Network, Inc.",
    domain:"misaka.io",
    type:"isp",

privacy:Object,
    vpn:false,
    proxy:false,
    tor:false,
    relay:false,
    hosting:false,
    service:"",

• @host4cheap said:

@jmaxwell said:

@host4cheap said:

@emperor said:

@jmaxwell said:

@emperor said:

64.112.125.1XX

Ok no idea then

207 range is still residential I believe

• @jmaxwell said: 207 range is still residential I believe

Yea i still access netflix us without any issue.

• @emperor said:

@jmaxwell said: 207 range is still residential I believe

Yea i still access netflix us without any issue.

Same. Well worth the $4.95

• Best option for residential VPN is actually the DVPN from Mysterium Network.

• more than 100 countries available
    • just 1,99 USD for 75GB of Traffic

You also can earn the tokens by sharing your home bandwidth.

https://www.mysteriumvpn.com/

• @MallocVoidstar said: Rayobyte claim to ethically source their proxies

"Unethically" sourced = we infect your device with a botnet
    "Ethically" sourced = we infect your device with a botnet but you agreed to it on page 88 of terms and conditions of our shady app

Thanked by 3gbzret4d injadm keytrex
  • @inland said:

@MallocVoidstar said: Rayobyte claim to ethically source their proxies

"Unethically" sourced = we infect your device with a botnet
    "Ethically" sourced = we infect your device with a botnet but you agreed to it on page 88 of terms and conditions of our shady app

The associated app specifically states "Share your internet and earn money" as one of the first things you see, which is a lot clearer than e.g. Bright Data (Hola)

• emgemg Veteran

@host4cheap said: The sites I want to visit are blocked if ASN shows up as “hosting”.

Given an IP address, what steps do you perform to determine "hosting" vs. "residential"?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @emg said:

@host4cheap said: The sites I want to visit are blocked if ASN shows up as “hosting”.

Given an IP address, what steps do you perform to determine "hosting" vs. "residential"?

You can check over a site like https://ipinfo.io/

Thanked by 1emg
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@host4cheap said:

Get your own LowEndASN and set it to "residential" on PeeringDB.
    Problem solved.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • @yoursunny said:

@host4cheap said:

Problem solved.

Are you referring to the IPv6 Block + ASN from Cloudie

Thanked by 2yoursunny gbzret4d
  • emgemg Veteran

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said:

This was helpful. For my home connection, the ASN shows up as type: "isp". For my VPSs, the ASN shows up as type: "hosting".

I tried "whois -a ASxxxxx" in my terminal. Most of the same information appears, but not the "type".

Which official database holds the type information and other details for ASN numbers?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 2023

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said:

AS200690
    type: "business"

@emg said:
    Which official database holds the type information and other details for ASN numbers?

PeeringDB or RIPE.
    That's why OP can get their own LowEndASN and specify the desired network type.

• @yoursunny said:

@host4cheap said:

Problem solved.

Hypothetically, what would be the initial and ongoing costs for this and what would be the cheapest way for an individual user with limited technical ability?