Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which US location have lowest ping time in India?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which US location have lowest ping time in India?

Hello,

I have been checking colocation providers in US. Most of the US locations have very high ping time in India, the lowest ping time i got was 250-284ms from Chicago, some even goes to 600ms.

Can you guys recommend any datacenter and location where I can colocate my server and can get low ping time and good speed in India?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

US East Coast maybe?

Check your ping to these:

nyc.lg.v.ps
    nj-lg.shockhosting.net
    nycmetro-speedtest.reliablesite.net

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2022

US - India doesn't have direct route.
    Singapore is a hit or miss.
    You'd best deploy in Western Europe, which is around 120ms from India.

I did a mini study here:
    NDN Video Streaming over QUIC
    Look at "The Case of an Asian NDN-QUIC Gateway" session.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @titaniumboy said: the lowest ping time i got was 250-284ms from Chicago, some even goes to 600ms.

India, Mumbai (OneBroadband) to NYC Metro (DediPath) 182.233 ms

NYC Metro Looking Glass: http://lg.dc03.dedicontrol.com/

• @DP said:
    US East Coast maybe?

Check your ping to these:

nyc.lg.v.ps
    nj-lg.shockhosting.net
    nycmetro-speedtest.reliablesite.net

nyc.lg.v.ps = average 391ms
    nj-lg.shockhosting.net = 346ms
    nycmetro = 427ms

• India is a big country.. which part you live? East or west coast?

I think @yoursunny is right, you should go with some west European country..

And yes Singapore is a good choice as well

• @bench said:

@titaniumboy said: the lowest ping time i got was 250-284ms from Chicago, some even goes to 600ms.

India, Mumbai (OneBroadband) to NYC Metro (DediPath) 182.233 ms

NYC Metro Looking Glass: http://lg.dc03.dedicontrol.com/

Average 331ms

• @BingoBongo said:
    India is a big country.. which part you live? East or west coast?

I'm from North India, near to the capital Delhi.

Yes, European networks have less ping time in India. I'm finding out some colocation provider in EU too. Just looking at US for an option.

Singapore is really costly and I haven't seen many colocation provider who are providing colo in Singapore.

• @titaniumboy said:

@BingoBongo said:

Yes, European networks have less ping time in India. I'm finding out some colocation provider in EU too. Just looking at US for an option.

Singapore is really costly and I haven't seen many colocation provider who are providing colo in Singapore.

For US try to choose east cost location otherwise I still believe Western EU is the best option..

There are lots of DC with reasonable coloration price for example: serverius

• @BingoBongo said:

@titaniumboy said:

@BingoBongo said:

For US try to choose east cost location otherwise I still believe Western EU is the best option..

I am thinking about purchasing from Nexeon, they're in SBAEdge datacenter. I found them cheaper than others 1U Space 1 Amp @ 120V Power 1Gbps Switch Port 20TB Bandwidth colo at 50$ something. Their Chicago location curently gives 250-284ms average ping.

• @titaniumboy said:

@BingoBongo said:

@titaniumboy said:

@BingoBongo said:

I am thinking about purchasing from Nexeon, they're in SBAEdge datacenter. I found them cheaper than others 1U Space 1 Amp @ 120V Power 1Gbps Switch Port 20TB Bandwidth colo at 50$ something. Their Chicago location curently gives 250-284ms average ping.

$50 monthly is not bad for that deal if the ping suits your need.
    Try to contact them before you buy, maybe they'll give you more exiting deal :wink:

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@titaniumboy said: Yes, European networks have less ping time in India. I'm finding out some colocation provider in EU too. Just looking at US for an option.

Just keep in mind that your ping could potentially get worse to the US if and when your ISP's route changes.

EU would be a safer and better choice.

• nullroutenullroute Member, Host Rep

For India the best location is NYC or Montreal/Quebec in Canada, there is no direct connection from North America to India so you should prefer a well connected location in these places as traffic will pass through Europe to reach you.

• I will suggest to prefer either Singapore or Western Europe (Germany, Netherlands etc)

• @true_nullroute said: For India the best location is NYC or Montreal/Quebec in Canada

Yes I agree with you. NYC gives around 190-200ms for central Asia and I thinkg it would be good for India as well.

Thanked by 1nullroute
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

Try pinging los-angeles-speedtest.reliablesite.net

• vote for western europe

• Thanks for the community answers, It will be helpful to me

• Try the German hetzner