Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to protect hosting control panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to protect hosting control panel?

MerakithMerakith Barred
edited December 2022 in Help

Hi,

My host's hosting control panel allow to view, reset root password and vnc into the vps. I feel there is an attached security risk with it. If some body is able to gain unauthorized access into the hosting panel then they should be able to view/reset root password and vnc into the vps. They won't be able to ssh as the root user is not allowed to ssh in my vpses. What do you guys suggest? Control Panel is SolusVM

Comments

• SolusVM needs to start supporting 2FA

Thanked by 1Merakith
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I suggest you change your hosting provider if they refuse to do that.
    Best way would be VNC on demand, if you need a session, you get one with random generated credentials.

Thanked by 1Merakith
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

Reinstall with a custom ISO and setup disk encryption, it prevents actions like password resets from working.

• @Advin said:
    Reinstall with a custom ISO and setup disk encryption, it prevents actions like password resets from working.

Disk encryption won't work since the usage is server. Need auto reboots at times.

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited December 2022

Edit: Snip, will not work