Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to buy hardware for servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to buy hardware for servers?

Hello,

I was looking to buy hardware for my server to colocate it. I can't figure out from where to buy hardware, the colo provider offers hardware but it's too costly. Can we buy hardware from eBay or Amazon and deliver it to the datacenter and they setup that, are servers in eBay good?
I checked the pricing, I was thinking to buy CPU from eBay and RAM, Disk from Amazon.
Suggest me something.

Also, I have a question regarding subnet and ASN I asked in the relevant thread but didn't got any reply. If we register ASN in APNIC, can we purchase RIPE subnets and register them on our name? If yes then can we announce those RIPE subnets in a US DC?

Comments

• I don’t know where you are located. But I am from Netherlands and bought most of the hardware at a German shop called atMinga.

Thanked by 1kait
  • @DennisdeWit said:
    I don’t know where you are located. But I am from Netherlands and bought most of the hardware at a German shop called atMinga.

oh. I'm from India, looking to buy hardware and colocate in any US datacenter.

• @DennisdeWit said:
    I don’t know where you are located. But I am from Netherlands and bought most of the hardware at a German shop called atMinga.

If you are in Netherlands then why you are buying from Germany? I think delivery charges are much higher from there to Netherlands..

TWP.nl maybe a food option for Netherlands location withh less delivery cost

• @DennisdeWit said:

I think some Brits shop at a place with a similar name: atMinger.

• @BingoBongo said:

@DennisdeWit said:

If you are in Netherlands then why you are buying from Germany? I think delivery charges are much higher from there to Netherlands..

When I bought the hardware, it was nowhere in The Netherlands in stock. So I bought it in Germany. Simple as that. Also, the delivery charges were 13 EUR or so. I bought 500 EUR of stuff. Do you think I really care?

• @DennisdeWit said:

@BingoBongo said:

@DennisdeWit said:

When I bought the hardware, it was nowhere in The Netherlands in stock. So I bought it in Germany. Simple as that. Also, the delivery charges were 13 EUR or so. I bought 500 EUR of stuff. Do you think I really care?

13 euro only!!?? Wow! Then it's definitely a good deal specially for previous gen hardwares as I'm sure all latest hardware are available in NL

Anyway thanks for providing the details, will check it and maybe order some hardware very soon from atMinga if delivery changes remain same or affordable for bulk orders.

• @BingoBongo said:

@DennisdeWit said:

@BingoBongo said:

@DennisdeWit said:

13 euro only!!?? Wow! Then it's definitely a good deal specially for previous gen hardwares as I'm sure all latest hardware are available in NL

Anyway thanks for providing the details, will check it and maybe order some hardware very soon from atMinga if delivery changes remain same or affordable for bulk orders.

Shipping from Germany to Netherlands costed 13 EUR with DHL, yes.

Thanked by 1BingoBongo
  • @DennisdeWit said:

Any good dutch hardware (second hand server) sellers that you know of?

• DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited December 2022

@kait said:

@DennisdeWit said:

ServerZaak.nl is one that I heard of many times. Please refrain from posting joked about our slavery history (that’s what ‘gekoloniseerd’ means). Our country just has apologized about it, it has already costed 227 million euro’s and now the previously colonized countries demand repair payments. Our ancestors have done serious harm to people of color. They have taken advantage of them, abused them and commited serious crimes against them.

Colonialism is no joke.

https://time.com/6242206/mark-rutte-netherlands-apologizes-slavery/

• @DennisdeWit said:

@kait said:

@DennisdeWit said:

ServerZaak.nl is one that I heard of many times. Please refrain from posting joked about our slavery history (that’s what ‘gekoloniseerd’ means). Our country just has apologized about it, it has already costed 227 million euro’s and now the previously colonized countries demand repair payments. Our ancestors have done serious harm to people of color. They have taken advantage of them, abused them and commited serious crimes against them.

Colonialism is no joke.

https://time.com/6242206/mark-rutte-netherlands-apologizes-slavery/

Will check out that site, won't refrain from posting memes that are funny.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I'm not sure about the US, but for UK and EU, I have these bookmarked in case I ever need something.

Thanked by 1kait