Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3CX Hosting Help! Any 3CX Partners out there!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3CX Hosting Help! Any 3CX Partners out there!

JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Hey Guys

does anyone here use 3CX for there business telco,

looking to find other 3cx partners without reaching out there top dogs , who will be too up there own ass to engage in convo .

3CX offer Hosted PBX in there so called cloud but its actually DO - Digital Ocean ,

my worry is if we go with them and use there DO offerings , what happens if pbx dies , i have no control over it. i know hosting is free as a partner, but at the back of my mind have this worry , what is the Node server dies , im offline! , hoping somone else on here using DO 3CX know this is a bit unique so may not have anyone on here,

i know its not really web hosting , but its to do with hosting & cloud servers ,

Admin (remove if not allowed)

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

I use 3CX for our telco, it's pretty good, we host it ourselves, you can either use their ISO or install it manually via debian, I'd recommend installing via their ISO, you just install your license key, and then restore a backup, everything is then online.

You can also get a subdomain from them, if you don't want to run your own.

It's been working great for us.

Edit: I'm not a partner.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

3CX has in-built automated backup script to transfer the config to your own server for safe keeping.

You can activate that if you are worry and also good to keep yourself a copy of the config. If one day something big happen, you have the freedom to deploy your own and load the configuration back.

Disclaimer: We manage this for a few of our local customer

• I guess you are worrying about the SLA of 3CX, or what?
    Digital Ocean is now using Digital Reality as their upstream provider(in the US) or Equinix. Equinix’s costumers are large companies like AWS, as same as Digital Reality.
    Even when you find their service is offline their 99.99%SLA isn’t a joke. You will receive the compensations when the services are resumed.
    Sorry for my English. I’m from China and I have difficulty in writing such a comment.

• I’m a basic 3CX partner.

The managed hosted option uses a mix of Vultr and DO if I’m not mistaken. It’s pretty good and is as stable as the providers they use. You don’t have admin level access to your PBX, but you don’t really need it for a basic deployment.

The self managed automated deployment option allows you to pick from a short list of well known cloud providers, including DO, Vultr, GCP, light sail, etc… and you manage and have full access to the system. They just install it for you.

Then as @Jord mentioned, the ISO.
    Which in my opinion allows you the most flexibility and control, it’s what I use the most.

I manage and host quite a few 3CX installs - the option you pick just depends on what you/your client needs. The hosted cloud option could fit really well if you need a simple setup and don’t want to manage the environment yourself.