Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it Just me? When signing up for a new service there is an issue with your servers being deployed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it Just me? When signing up for a new service there is an issue with your servers being deployed

Is it just me or does this happen to others...

When I sign up for a new service there is always an issue with the first set of servers. Currently signed up 5 new services, 3 of them had issues deploying the servers requiring support.

Some take more than 24 hours to respond to an issue. These are some of the most talked about services on here, so it's not like they're bad services.

I would say I never had an issue with @buyvm

When you sign up to a new service, does your deployment go smoothly?
  1. Yes20 votes
    1. Somewhat, they're more delayed than their stated deployment on the sales page
      15.00%
    2. I always need to send a support ticket
        5.00%
    3. 50/50
      80.00%

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2022

Since "yes" is unselectable, I selected "50/50".

• Most servers I ordered are delivered within seconds: SmartHost, SpartanHost, Nexril, GreenCloud, LevelOne.
    • Some need a few hours, for manual or batched activation: Gullo, VirMach, iHostART.
    • Some need a few days, for manual activation: WebHorizon NAT bundle.
    • Some need me to reply to ticket because I'm originating on TunnelBroker.net IP that is classified as VPN: VirMach.
    • Some need a few weeks due to lack of stock, and a ticket to request moving to another location that has stock: Advin.
    • Some are never delivered: unnamed provider, WebHorizon Romania.

Nowadays, I'm honestly fine with 30-day delivery, because otherwise I may not have time to setup the servers, and then the server would sit idle until I do the setup.
    The server must be delivered at least 15 days before dispute deadline (i.e. 90 days on credit cards), or I would be cancelling.
    I also expect the renewal date to be changed, if delivery is more than 48 hours after ordering.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @greencoludvps was great, never an issue

• ome need a few weeks due to lack of stock, and a ticket to request moving to another location that has stock: Advin.

This one I don't understand this.....

Just mention it on the sales page.. name and shame!

• Nowadays, I'm honestly fine with 30-day delivery, because otherwise I may not have time to setup the servers and then the server sits idle

I'm going to buy somedayservers.com now... order today, you get them someday

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

@PhoMedia said:

ome need a few weeks due to lack of stock, and a ticket to request moving to another location that has stock: Advin.

This one I don't understand this.....

Just mention it on the sales page.. name and shame!

This was one of the $6/year 4GB RAM 20GB SSD IPv4 promotions that we did on BF, ran into some unexpected delays due to issues with hardware delivery in Japan. Therefore, there was a little bit of a wait for those who managed to select Japan as the location.

Refund would've been provided on request if he wanted to cancel the order, but instead he asked to be moved to another location that wasn't experiencing delays for immediate deployment.

Our normal products definitely don't take that long to provision and are usually instant depending on the lineup & time it was ordered. We display expected deployment times on our website for our normal lineups (i.e. KVM Standard VPS), but the insane yearly deals were a bit of a special case.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @PhoMedia said:
    @greencoludvps was great, never an issue

Their website is down right now and my VPS isn't responding. :'(

@Advin said:
    This was one of the $6/year 4GB RAM 20GB SSD IPv4 promotions that we did on BF, ran into some unexpected delays due to issues with hardware delivery in Japan. Therefore, there was a little bit of a wait for those who managed to select Japan as the location.

Refund would've been provided on request if he wanted to cancel the order, but instead he asked to be moved to another location that wasn't experiencing delays for immediate deployment.

Our normal products definitely don't take that long to provision and are usually instant depending on the lineup & time it was ordered. We display expected deployment times on our website for our normal lineups (i.e. KVM Standard VPS), but the insane yearly deals were a bit of a special case.

All services listed above, including those with delivery in seconds, are "insane yearly deals".
    I acquired enough legendary dealz that I no longer order "normal products".

Tokyo location was tempting at first, because I had Oracle Cloud there and packet loss is massive.
    Then I found out Advin Tokyo is NTT network just like Oracle Cloud, so I started having buyer's remorse.
    That's why I asked for moving to Mumbai.
    The service is then delivered within a day.

Finally, 30-day delivery is acceptable to me, so I'm not shaming anyone.

• @Kiwi83 said:

@PhoMedia said:
    @greencoludvps was great, never an issue

Their website is down right now and my VPS isn't responding. :'(

Mine are working fine

• I think it is not all

Are you talking about virmach?

• Finally, 30-day delivery is acceptable to me, so I'm not shaming anyone.

It's never an issue..... but do you mention it on the homepage or product page @Advin?

• PhoMediaPhoMedia Member
    edited December 2022

The reason for this post is mainly to highlight to providers it would in fact save the cost (likely increase sales) to get a few things right,

• a welcome email explaining things (one-time setup and done!)
    • Improve deployment less support tickets
    • Provide information on sales page with current issues... (less support tickets, refunds, people leaving bad reviews)

Seems basic

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

I can't speak to others, but as a customer I know I usually want it right away when I pay for a server (dedi/vps unless a custom config with clearly stated delivery timeframe). Some customers don't care or aren't in a rush, I guess it just depends. I think the issue is if you don't have a long and proven track record, I would be a little iffy 'lending' money to a provider in hopes of a product sometime in the future and remembering to check it before you bump up against dispute deadlines.

From a provider's POV I want to do everything possible to keep tickets to an absolute minimum. The more you can do without talking to any of us, the happier we both are. It's never 100% perfect, but at least if we're not overrun with menial tasks that should be automated then we can respond in reasonable time frames to actual issues.

edited December 2022

@PhoMedia said:

It's never an issue..... but do you mention it on the homepage or product page @Advin?

Screenshot_20221228-145248_1

Mentally strong customer knows to wait patiently.
    This ticket, set to low priority by me, has been pending for a week.
    Some customer would bump the ticket (post new reply) or open another ticket asking the provider to check previous ticket.
    Either way, this would reset their position in the queue, and then it gets processed even later.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said:

@PhoMedia said:

Screenshot_20221228-145248_1

Mentally strong customer knows to wait patiently.
    This ticket, set to low priority by me, has been pending for a week.
    Some customer would bump the ticket (post new reply) or open another ticket asking the provider to check previous ticket.
    Either way, this would reset their position in the queue, and then it gets processed even later.

@yoursunny, have you tried all hosts here, I see so many of them. May be will get in touch with you to get right reviews.

@crunchbits said:

From a provider's POV I want to do everything possible to keep tickets to an absolute minimum. The more you can do without talking to any of us, the happier we both are. It's never 100% perfect, but at least if we're not overrun with menial tasks that should be automated then we can respond in reasonable time frames to actual issues.

I really liked the provider's POV but some customers are always looking to have human interaction even if it makes them look stupid.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@mgcAna said:

@crunchbits said:

I really liked the provider's POV but some customers are always looking to have human interaction even if it makes them look stupid.

They can always open a ticket and say hi ;) I just prefer the most friction-less possible experience, and the ones that want more can always opt-in for it without inconveniencing the ones who do not.

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

There are many factors that can delay deployment on both sides of the coin, one main one is the payment method such as crypto can sometimes take anything from a few minutes to maybe an hour or two to confirm (depending on the crypto used), PayPal can sometimes take a payment from a customer but place it on hold for a "security review" which is not displayed to the customer but also does not clear to the providers account to mark the invoice as paid until the payment is then released and if you have a very impatient customer who expects 5-minute replies to all tickets or will continue to reply/bump their ticket not understanding when they do that it takes longer for companies to reach their ticket.

I understand it is not always possible to order in advance but my advice would be when possible order 48 working hours before it is actually needed then if there are delays there is time to resolve them, I stated 48 working hours as some companies billing staff do not work weekends, some are standard office hours and at some companies, tech support staff cannot assist with activations because they cannot access parts of the billing and payments.

Another point can be if you use a proxy or VPN, it can flag on systems such as Stripe that you are on a VPN, and depending on the stripe account settings by the owner VPN payments will only authorize not capture until it is manually reviewed which will delay activation.

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @add_iT said:
    I think it is not all

Virmach has not gotten back to me on a ticket in over 72 hours :joy:
    -Paid with Crypto btw

• emgemg Veteran

It may depend on your choice of providers. I have had good luck overall.

I did not respond to the poll because deployment has been instant every time. As soon as I completed the payment, the VPS or hosting service was ready in a few seconds.

This exception does not count:

In 2013, I signed up for Host1Free, which offered free VPSs. Demand was extreme, so most people waited several weeks to receive a VPS. It was not worth the wait. A few weeks after I received my unusable VPS, they got hacked and the VPS disappeared.

• @mrkaffeine92 said:

@add_iT said:
    I think it is not all

Virmach has not gotten back to me on a ticket in over 72 hours :joy:
    -Paid with Crypto btw

🕯
              🕯             🕯
        🕯                          🕯

🕯          @VirMach       🕯

🕯                          🕯
              🕯             🕯
                       🕯

• there are a few points to note when buying services:

• pay for regular price products for better support
    • don't expect any SLA for low priced flash deals and you should be mostly fine
    • the above dont apply to virmach and hosthatch
    • the above dont apply to greencloudvps because they best top provider
    • always back up

if immediate automation/response is required then look for providers who are specifically recognized as such.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

@yoursunny said:

Incorrect, we delivered them to Poland instead with 50% extra ram, cpu and renewal date extension. Within 15 days.
    Refunds were given to those who didn't want Poland.