Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to install proxychains on your VPS and use it with free SOCKS proxy servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to install proxychains on your VPS and use it with free SOCKS proxy servers

vpnfailvpnfail Member
edited December 2022 in Tutorials

Hello everyone,

Here's a quick tutorial showing how to set-up proxychains on an Ubuntu server and configure it with a feed of fresh SOCKS proxies every hour.

What is proxychains?

• ProxyChains is a UNIX program, that hooks network-related libc functions in dynamically linked programs via a preloaded DLL and redirects the connections through SOCKS4a/5 or HTTP proxies.

Step 1: update apt
apt-get update -y

Step 2: install proxychains
apt-get install -y proxychains

Step 3: edit crontab
crontab -e

Step 4: to keep your proxychains config updated with the latest SOCKS proxy servers, add this line to your cron
30 * * * * curl https://vpn.fail/free-proxy/proxychains | head -n 1000 > /etc/proxychains.conf

Step 5: example how to use proxychains, just add it before the command you want to run
proxychains curl https://vpn.fail/ip

Enjoy your proxychains set-up! For any questions, don't hesitate to reply!

Thanks,
VPN.fail

Thanked by 2jugganuts Patriarch

Comments

• Damn, took you long to post first self-advertise topic...

TL;DR whole tutorial : apt-get install -y proxychains and use my proxy for your traffic.

Thanked by 1SinV
  • nikozinnikozin Member
    edited December 2022

proxychains doesnt work with everything

• vpnfailvpnfail Member
    edited December 2022

@JabJab said: TL;DR whole tutorial : apt-get install -y proxychains

I can definitely see your point especially if you are a more knowledgeable person, but for someone who doesn't know about proxychains or how to install, configure and use it I am sure this tutorial was useful.

@JabJab said: use my proxy for your traffic.

Our proxylist is actually pretty good, and I encourage you to you check it out. We continuously ping thousands of proxy servers to determine their reliability. Proxies are sorted by how reliable they are and we provide this data to the public in realtime via our JSON, TXT and proxychains config lists. This way you can always enjoy the best proxy servers out there without having to hunt for a proxy that works.

• @nikozin said:
    proxychains doesnt work with everything

what are you trying to use proxichains with and it's not working? let me know if you need help