Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#1 NEW YEAR DEALS -- SHARED HOSTING, KVM VPS HOSTING & RESELLER HOSTING + REAL PHYSICAL GIVEAWAYS - Page 789
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

#1 NEW YEAR DEALS -- SHARED HOSTING, KVM VPS HOSTING & RESELLER HOSTING + REAL PHYSICAL GIVEAWAYS

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Mumbly said:
    @dustinc

Enforced reCaptcha for all websites hosted within cPanel webhosting/reseller hosting server?
    I bet that some clients think that their websites are compromised or something. Damn annoying.

Hi @Mumbly — I'm aware of the situation you're referring to which recently impacted one of our shared hosting server, DE2000, located in Germany. Just for clarity’s sake, this was just one of our shared hosting servers - not across our entire platform.

In any shared hosting environment such as ours, we must act in the best interest of the majority of our customers due to the shared nature of the resources. In circumstances where clients desire more control, for instance, root access or the ability to manage their own web server software stack, we strongly recommend considering a VPS. We have attractive VPS deals available within this thread, which offer a significantly higher degree of control compared to our shared hosting solution, which is more "managed" on the server side.

To clarify the situation on DE2000, enabling Litespeed's Captcha protection was a last-resort measure, taken in a critical situation where the alternative would have meant taking the Litespeed web server service completely offline. This would have been much worse for all users on this server. We did post a brief update on our status page about this, though our primary focus internally has been ensuring of the server's uptime.

The issue began with tens of thousands of inbound connections from Cloudflare IPs, which turned out to be non-legitimate traffic (Layer 7 attacks that bypassed Cloudflare's security measures) and impacted our shared hosting server. We had to tread carefully, as blocking Cloudflare IPs at the firewall level would have negatively affected legitimate users reliant on Cloudflare (a significant portion of our shared hosting clientele use Cloudflare). Uptime is extremely important to us, and we employ all possible strategies, even if it means creative/unconventional solutions, to ensure it.

For clarity, the activation of Litespeed's Captcha protection on the DE2000 shared hosting server was only a temporary measure, implemented to promptly alleviate the immediate issue and maintain server stability as we sought a more sustainable, long-term solution.

As of late, we have substantially reduced the sensitivity of the Captcha feature already. This adjustment should ensure that it does not interfere with most common real-world use cases. Additionally, from the very beginning we did exempt major search engines from this measure, further reducing its potential impact.

@FrankZ said:

@dustinc said:

@FrankZ said:

PAGE 788 AND STILL ROLLING !!!

🥳 Woot woot! Hope you're doing well @FrankZ

Hi Dustin I hope you are doing well. I'm wearing my RackNerd shirt and using my RackNerd mouse pad so I could not be better. :sunglasses:

(By the way, that RackNerd mouse pad is huge, it covers half my desk.)

Hi @FrankZ — Hahaha, that’s amazing! Good stuff. Glad you’re enjoying the swag :)

The mouse pad is considered to be a “gaming” mouse pad and hence significantly larger than your average mousepad. I’m rocking it at home and at the office - couldn’t be happier with the quality and size as well.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • MrEdMrEd Member

@FrankZ said:

It has stopped for a while... but I guess, next party has to wait for the BF... :)

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@MrEd said:

@FrankZ said:

It has stopped for a while... but I guess, next party has to wait for the BF... :)

It looks like somebody needs a palette. :wink:

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • MrEdMrEd Member

@FrankZ said:

@MrEd said:

@FrankZ said:

Thats a sweet one! :D But now we need to accept the cookies... :D

Thanked by 2dustinc FrankZ

@Devilv said:
    Please double the bandwidth.
    I just bought two servers
    Invoice #6881150

Hi @Devilv -- Appreciate you choosing RackNerd as your provider :)

We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth.

@zran said:
    I want to double up my bandwidth
    My Order Number is: #3751589144
    InvoiceID #6883124
    Thanks

Hi @zran -- good stuff :)

We were able to locate your order and doubled your bandwidth resources.

@Misaghz said:
    Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Invoice:6876425&6725099

Hi @Misaghz -- We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth for both of these just now.

Thank You for doing business with RackNerd :)

@hehuangCCs said:
    It was pleasant transaction. It has been stable for a year, which is very good. You are the best service providers. I continue to buy this year. This is so cool.
    Please double the bandwidth.

invoice#6710272
    invoice#6619783
    invoice#6742214
    invoice#6742676
    Invoice#6773882
    Invoice#6764789

Hi @hehuangCCs -- Thank You so much for your continued business -- how swiftly time goes by :) We look forward to working together for many more years to come. We also appreciate you growing your footprint with us throughout the past year.

FYI, looking at these I see the bandwidth upgrade was already completed prior. If you share a more recent order number, we'll be happy to take care of any new orders you place as well.

@Ganonk said:

Lets Go 🔥🔥

@Ganonk is in the house 🎉

@tuc said:
    never ending party B)

Lets Go 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Let's go! Good to see you again @tuc :)

@FrankZ said:

@FrankZ -- Hahaha, this is one of my favorites!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.

Order Number: 2160855333

Invoice ID: #6811178

Thanks!

• rwcirerwcire Member

Hello, I'd also like to double the bandwidth please!

Invoice #6989951

Thank you!

@star111 said:

Order Number: 2160855333

Invoice ID: #6811178

Thanks!

Hi @star111 -- appreciate you trusting us with your business :)

We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth.

@rwcire said:
    Hello, I'd also like to double the bandwidth please!

Invoice #6989951

Thank you!

Hi @rwcire -- We've doubled your bandwidth 👊 Glad to see you were able to grab one of these awesome deals!

We sincerely appreciate you trusting us with your business and look forward to growing with you.

• Hi @dustinc,
    Please double bandwidth for this Invoice #7001753.

Best.

• Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.

Order Number: 9837922337

Invoice ID: #7008452

Thanks!

• @dustinc
    Hello, I would like to double my bandwidth.

Order Number: 6969603004
    Invoice #6220109

Thank you

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

PAGE 789 AND STILL GOING !!!!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2023

@MrEd said:

@FrankZ said:

@MrEd said:

@FrankZ said:

Thats a sweet one! :D But now we need to accept the cookies... :D

I know I am a little late on this one but here are some cookies....

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

and some donuts too !

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Hey @dustinc

• MrEdMrEd Member

@FrankZ thats a lot of cookies! If we accept them all, we might not fit throuth the doors :D

Thanked by 2FrankZ dustinc
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2023

@MrEd said: @FrankZ thats a lot of cookies! If we accept them all, we might not fit throuth the doors :D

I understand, everybody always wants you to accept all their cookies. You don't have to accept any of my cookies, but IMO the chocolate chip ones are really good. :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1dustinc

@merlinvn said:
    Hi @dustinc,
    Please double bandwidth for this Invoice #7001753.

Best.

Hi @merlinvn -- good stuff! Appreciate you expanding with us :)

We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth resources 👊

@star111 said:

Order Number: 9837922337

Invoice ID: #7008452

Thanks!

Hi @star111 -- Thank You for placing an order with RackNerd :)

We were able to locate your order - we've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth.

@ordinanceb said:
    @dustinc
    Hello, I would like to double my bandwidth.

Order Number: 6969603004
    Invoice #6220109

Thank you

Hi @ordinanceb -- Appreciate the order :)

We've doubled your bandwidth resources.