Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warp terminal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Warp terminal

Anyone using it? I am testing it now and I like it a lot compared to iTerm 2

Thanked by 1Void

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I've been using it for a while. Many people are choosing it for the perceived speed because it is written in rust, but I actually like the features. I also use it for writing. If you haven't, check out the themes.

• ardaarda Member
    edited December 2022

I'm using it and loving it so far! I ditched iTerm2 which I'v been using for about 8 years.

Simply, editing the command like it's inside text editor is already great enough for me to switch.

It runs fast, and wrapping the input and output via blocks tidies up the output a lot! You can also copy input and output blocks directly.

If anyone wants to try, you can navigate to https://www.warp.dev/ directly, or use my invite URL if you'd like to: https://app.warp.dev/referral/3K76K

• @Arkas said:
    I've been using it for a while. Many people are choosing it for the perceived speed because it is written in rust, but I actually like the features. I also use it for writing. If you haven't, check out the themes.

What do you mean that you use it for writing?

• edited December 2022

Looks nice, but I will wait for it to leave beta.

There is telemetry in the software for "beta-testing" reasons. Also waiting for how their pricing structure changes.

If project managers don't buy this for their devs, it's pretty much dead.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited December 2022

@vitobotta said: What do you mean that you use it for writing?

For writing down notes that I can quickly copy and modify. I also use other apps for different reasons than what they were created for :smile:

• @vitobotta said:

You need to stop posting about these mac only apps like only 6% of the world would use... hehe

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Nice find. Damn, never thought I'd see a terminal I liked as much as iTerm 2.

• I don't use MacOS, so never realized there were alternative terminals for it

• They only have Mac client now. And I wonder if you trust them.

• @TimboJones said:

@vitobotta said:

You need to stop posting about these mac only apps like only 6% of the world would use... hehe

Yes, make sense.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited December 2022

@TimboJones said:

I beg to differ. Please keep posting Mac-only apps.

-> I recommend including "for Mac" in the Discussion Title to attract those who are interested and inform those who are not interested.

I use the default Terminal application that comes with macOS and did not know that there were alternatives. I'll check it out.

Thanked by 2Arkas chitree
  • @emg said:

@TimboJones said:

I beg to differ. Please keep posting Mac-only apps.

-> I recommend including "for Mac" in the Discussion Title to attract those who are interested and inform those who are not interested.

I use the default Terminal application that comes with macOS and did not know that there were alternatives. I'll check it out.

That's a great idea to post "for Mac" in the titles of Mac topics

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • I will add a prefix next time

Thanked by 2Arkas TimboJones
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

I also use Macs as well as Linux, so I'm also interested in Mac apps. I do realize we are in the minority.