Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VAT on KIMSUFI?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VAT on KIMSUFI?

Hi,

i got KS-LeE-1 on Bf2022 at that time my invoice generated without vat, but now when i tries to pay it includes vat in it,

Does anyone know the correct procedure for removing VAT and how long it takes for VAT removal for kimsufi?

thanx in advance

Comments

• That's odd. Create a ticket, and they should take care of the vat removal.

How soon? It's festive season and weekend, so don't expect anything immediately

• But why would you wait for so long to pay the invoice?

• @plumberg said:
    That's odd. Create a ticket, and they should take care of the vat removal.

@plumberg said:
    That's odd. Create a ticket, and they should take care of the vat removal.

i opened the ticked its been 3 days but no reply

• @plumberg said:
    But why would you wait for so long to pay the invoice?

dear my billing cycle is monthly, first month invoice were without vat,

• Hmm. Yeh. All you can do is wait and watch, what else? I know they will respond eventually

• @plumberg said:
    Hmm. Yeh. All you can do is wait and watch, what else? I know they will respond eventually

thnx :)

1. Open a ticket mentioning VAT exemption
    2. They will reply within 3-5 or may be more due to the holidays.
    3. They will ask to provide some of your documents such as ID,DL or Passport & a Billing Proof
    4. Once you submitted, The agent will forward that request to the relevant division
    5. after few days they will exempt VAT and let you know.

This whole process will take at least <10 days or more due to the Holidays. I think it's a good idea that pay this month invoice with VAT otherwise your service will get terminated.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

OVH US also charges me VAT, must be the Biden tax.

Thanked by 1Sanjue007
  • @Sanjue007 said:
    1. Open a ticket mentioning VAT exemption
    2. They will reply within 3-5 or may be more due to the holidays.
    3. They will ask to provide some of your documents such as ID,DL or Passport & a Billing Proof
    4. Once you submitted, The agent will forward that request to the relevant division
    5. after few days they will exempt VAT and let you know.

This whole process will take at least <10 days or more due to the Holidays. I think it's a good idea that pay this month invoice with VAT otherwise your service will get terminated.

yeah, i paid the invoice and waiting for thier reply, the thing bothering me is that,, my first invoice was without vat, then why/how my recurring invoice includes vat :open_mouth:

• @Proxecure said:

yeah, i paid the invoice and waiting for thier reply, the thing bothering me is that,, my first invoice was without vat, then why/how my recurring invoice includes vat :open_mouth:

In what country do you live? They may be required to collect VAT for your jurisdiction starting 2023.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2022

I have my original Kimsufi account without VAT (Romanian company).
    The new Kimsufis are not sold by the same company (this is what the support said) so they have a different EU law, therefore they charge VAT (joking, they didn't actually say that, but it is the actual situation).

They also refused to move the product to the old account (VAT exempted) so I have to produce another round of documentation for the new product AND have 2 different accounts with them. At this time I didn't feel like I have to bother the accountant to prepare the documentation, but he said he can't register the invoices as they are wrong, we are VAT registered Romanian company.

• Welcome to LowEndSupport.
    Your vat has been removed from your invoices and your account too.

• Romania is a VAT-liable country within the EU. Kimsufi is a trading name of OVH Limited who are a UK located business. UK companies MUST collect VAT on behalf of the EU, a company trading in the EU and registered within the UK cannot just "switch off" VAT. You must pay the VAT and then claim this back through your jurisdiction's VAT return method.

@noobjockeys said: Kimsufi is a trading name of OVH Limited who are a UK located business.

Hum. You are right, the invoice is issued by an UK company unlike the others. Then why are they asking for a pile of documents to remove VAT if it can't be removed? Good thing I didn't bother the accountant yet.

Thanked by 1noobjockeys
  • davidedavide Member
    edited December 2022

@Neoon said:

It's a new European rule that extends VAT collection on purchases for electronic services from extra-EU providers:
    https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/taxation/vat/vat-digital-services-moss-scheme/index_en.htm#outsidetheeu

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@davide said:

@Neoon said:

It's a new European rule that extends VAT collection on purchases for electronic services from extra-EU providers:
    https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/taxation/vat/vat-digital-services-moss-scheme/index_en.htm#outsidetheeu

That's fucked up, OVH International does not charge me VAT but OVH US does.

@Neoon said: That's fucked up, OVH International does not charge me VAT but OVH US does.

Everything is fucked up, but that takes the cake, indeed :P

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited December 2022

@Maounique said:

@noobjockeys said: Kimsufi is a trading name of OVH Limited who are a UK located business.

Hum. You are right, the invoice is issued by an UK company unlike the others. Then why are they asking for a pile of documents to remove VAT if it can't be removed? Good thing I didn't bother the accountant yet.

If you are an end consumer, then you must pay VAT (and they are required to collect it.)

If you are a business, then you utilise the “reverse charge” mechanism and your accountant reports it and pays any applicable amount. OVH still needs to confirm your business’s VAT ID, though.