Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virmach can't migrate, I think it should be a system bug.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virmach can't migrate, I think it should be a system bug.

edited December 2022 in General

I bought a flash-sale server today, but I can't migrate it, has anyone encountered such a situation?

We failed to submit the request.

Unable to find your virtual server. Please contact support.

Comments

• Did u contact support?

• @plumberg said:
    Did u contact support?

Yes, I have sent a ticket to contact, and I would like to discuss whether I am the only one who has a problem, or not.

• lol buy a flash sale knowing the location and still want to migrate?

lmao

• @cybertech said:
    lol buy a flash sale knowing the location and still want to migrate?

lmao

Yes, the ping is higher and would like to migrate to a place closer to me

• Ughh

You hoping so much for the price that you got over there

• @add_iT said:
    Ughh

Yes, I wanted to pay for the migration itself, but I don't know why the error was reported

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited December 2022

@haonanrenwenge said:

@add_iT said:
    Ughh

Yes, I wanted to pay for the migration itself, but I don't know why the error was reported

Pay migration price + pay for premium support ticket for bug issue, and i bet your server would be migration for arround a month or can be less if you luck

• @add_iT said:

@haonanrenwenge said:

@add_iT said:
    Ughh

Pay migration price + pay for premium support ticket, and i bet your server would be migration for arround a month or can be less if you luck

So far the probability is that, I do not want to wait so long, really pathetic

• @haonanrenwenge said:

@add_iT said:

@haonanrenwenge said:

@add_iT said:
    Ughh

Pay migration price + pay for premium support ticket, and i bet your server would be migration for arround a month or can be less if you luck

So far the probability is that, I do not want to wait so long, really pathetic

You are expecting too much of a low end vps.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Buy another at desired location.
    Sell this one to another MJJ.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
    1. Migration is not guaranteed, so don't buy other locations just to migrate it - it can be disabled any time, especially it people will start abusing it.
    2. VirMach has full looking glass, just check ping before buying https://billing.virmach.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/11/Test-IP-and-Looking-Glass-Locations.html&language=english
  • Why is Virmach even offering migrations? They really don't know how to reduce Support load at all.

• Migrations are automated, no support load increase (unless it messes up.)

• @JoeMerit said:
    Migrations are automated, no support load increase (unless it messes up.)

It messes with their server planning, capacity, costs, etc. And I'm sure it breaks regularly.

• @TimboJones said: It messes with their server planning, capacity, costs, etc. And I'm sure it breaks regularly.

Not so much any more. It was a little rough 6 months ago, but now it works well for me.
    I expect that the OP is on the naughty list or wants to migrate to a location that is full.

@haonanrenwenge if you are trying to migrate to Tokyo don't expect that to happen, if it is somewhere else state the location you are trying to migrate from and to.

• The migration was automatic. Without data it was fast to Tampa (USA)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@haonanrenwenge said:

@plumberg said:
    Did u contact support?

Yes, I have sent a ticket to contact, and I would like to discuss whether I am the only one who has a problem, or not.

you will need to pay for a response, even if its not your fault, so its your fault anyway as you have crashed system :) :D

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Virmach uses empty slots to fill them up, more or less.
    And based on the posts, a lot of people thought yea, lets buy the cheapest server and migrate it to Tokyo.

Pretty sure, virmach disabled that tool, because of that abuse.

• @Neoon said:

Nah, there is just 10$ setup fee for Tokyo (or migrations) ;) it's probably still a fucking good deal if long-term, harder to resell for those scalpers one year hunters.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@JabJab said:

@Neoon said:

Nah, there is just 10$ setup fee for Tokyo (or migrations) ;) it's probably still a fucking good deal if long-term, harder to resell for those scalpers one year hunters.

Nevermind, they disabled it due to low stock in Tokyo.