Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FreeVPS.org Seeks Additional Team Members
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FreeVPS.org Seeks Additional Team Members

Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider
edited December 2022 in General

Hi Guys!

Behind the scenes, work has been happening to set up technical infrastructure for FreeVPS.org. We already have given out about 25 free VPSes! We are about to issue more.

To help our continuing effort, FreeVPS.org now seeks two new people to join our Team. These are part time, as needed positions. A few hours per week.

First, we're looking for a Communications Manager / Public Relations Director. Responsibilities for this position include

• (1) managing the FreeVPS.org request thread, including requests for free VPSes, assignment of free VPSes, and everything else which happens in LET threads,

• (2) helping design the FreeVPS website and writing content for it, and

• (3) communicating with our donors and friends via LET PM.

Second, we're looking for a Project Leader. Someone who can co-ordinate the different aspects of running FreeVPS.org including donations and facilitating consensus on policy questions. The Project Leader also will help with formally organizing FreeVPS.org as a legal entity, which might involve affiliating as a branch of an existing entity.

Both positions are uncompensated volunteer positions. We think these positions might have substantial "resume value," perhaps similar to internships.

While technical skills are helpful for these positions, the major areas of responsibility are policy and marketing oriented. Example skills include business, entrepreneurship, charitable / NGO management, public relations, and advertising.

Could anyone who might be interested please send a resume to the email address on my profile? It's also equally okay to post here in this thread.

Thanks everyone! Thanks @GTHost, @TheOnlyDK, @DP, @Not_Oles, @FatGrizzly, @yoursunny, @PieHasBeenEaten, @Cloudie, @random.org, @jbiloh, @Virtfusion!

Best wishes for the holidays!

Tom

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
  • ehabehab Member
    edited December 2022

Both positions are uncompensated volunteer positions. We think these positions might have substantial "resume value," perhaps similar to internships.

maybe a permanent Darkstar member can be a good incentive.

Thanked by 2Not_Oles yoursunny
  • Awesome, can't wait to see who will be the Pubic Relations Director :)

Thanked by 1DP
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Edited OP to add: "These are part time, as needed positions. A few hours per week."

Hello!

I received an inquiry from a kind person who pointed out my mistake failing to note the time commitment for the positions and asked how else he could help. Here's my reply:

Hi Kind Person!

Thanks VERY much for your message! I failed to make clear that the positions are part-time. Edited OP to add: "These are part time, as needed positions. A few hours per week."

Love to have any help and advice regarding legal entity formation!

Love to have any part time help with communications and with project leadership!

Love to have another server! We have one running in Chicago from @GTHost, a second in Dallas from @PieHasBeenEaten presently being set up, and a third would be super great. We got a Blesta licence from @Cloudie and a Virtfusion license direct from Virtfusion.

@TheOnlyDK and @FatGrizzly are doing the tech work with consults from @yoursunny and @Cloudie. I've been doing both Project Leader and Communications. I'd like to back off to "Founder and still a friend." So FreeVPS.org needs somebody to wear the Project Leader hat and the same person or somebody else to wear the Communications Director hat.

To incorporate, we'd need a few Board Members. @jbiloh

Thanks again! What do you think?

Best for the holidays!

Tom

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

What do you need for a third location in terms of server wise?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Thanks for asking! In the US FreeVPS.org has Chicago, Dallas, and

Coeur d'Alene. Sssshh! :)

We especially could use Europe, Asia, Africa. Maybe more than one in Asia. But I'm not gonna turn down anywhere. :) Happy Holidays!

Happily I can report that FreeVPS.org is beginning to receive applications from well qualified candidates. This response, as well as the server donation, is making my holiday season super great! Thank you, guys! :)

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK Arkas
  • Thanks to those who have applied :)

Happy holidays! Stay safe, stay warm!

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Hi Folks!

Happy New Year!

So far, I'm really, really glad I put this post up, because this post connected me with several very interesting people who didn't even post here in the thread. These people have made great contributions to FreeVPS.org, and we are grateful.

Nevertheless, as the new year arrives, my efforts to push my Project Leader position off on somebody else haven't yet succeeded. Also, we still could use a Communications Manager / Public Relations Director. We need someone to handle threads here at LET and on Discord and also to keep in touch with donors and users.

Please get in touch if you are interested in either one of these volunteer positions! A few hours a week will make a huge difference! <3

Best wishes for a great 2023!

Tom