Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Eco range
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Eco range

FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Howdy!
Can someone explain to me if, in the case of dedicated servers from the Eco range, up to 256 IP addresses can be assigned like the other dedicated servers?
I ask this because since they switched to the monthly payment of IP addresses, I've been a bit lost in their policies.
At the same time, I want to know if the fact that I want to transfer the IP addresses from another OVH server in the same country would confuse me with something.
Thank you!

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I was going to check for you, but it looks like the IP ordering feature for the Eco servers I have are all disabled. It won't show me any IP options when selecting the existing Eco servers, but normal OVH servers I have in the Advance and Game line still show IP ordering at $2/IP/month.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I know I can't use my /24 on eco or rise servers. I'm pretty sure that's set up just like the IPs you rent from them, as failover IPs. But in my case it's the BYOIP thing.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@jar said:
    I know I can't use my /24 on eco or rise servers. I'm pretty sure that's set up just like the IPs you rent from them, as failover IPs. But in my case it's the BYOIP thing.

I am interested in migrating some /28 subnets that are their property

• I had the same issue and found out from ovh tech support that you can not use additional IPs on any Eco servers.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Oops I realized it was an Eco Kimsufi server hence no IPs. So surely Eco SYS is the same 16 IP limit like in the past.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian