Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any way to find out why a host was banned from LET?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any way to find out why a host was banned from LET?

Hey, I was about to buy a package from a host, did a quick search of their domain to see if there's any good/bad reviews and noticed their account @Evoxt is banned here. They previously posted deals here and I can't see anything bad in their comment history so I was wondering if there's a way to find out why they were banned? I'll probably avoid them now but just curious what they did.

Comments

• Did you tried to use search? Usually hosts banned for scamming, shilling and multi accounts. How's hanging?

• yeah had a look through their post history and searched the name, didn't find anything interesting

• @zako12 said:
    Hey, I was about to buy a package from a host, did a quick search of their domain to see if there's any good/bad reviews and noticed their account @Evoxt is banned here. They previously posted deals here and I can't see anything bad in their comment history so I was wondering if there's a way to find out why they were banned? I'll probably avoid them now but just curious what they did.

They were banned in July 2021, which was before I became a mod

There's a thread in the mod dump entitled "Evoxt's owner is a known fraudster!"

I won't try to summarize that thread, but there was a reason why he was banned. You should exercise caution if you're thinking of buying a package from them

Thanked by 1zako12
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@angstrom said:

@zako12 said:

They were banned in July 2021, which was before I became a mod

There's a thread in the mod dump entitled "Evoxt's owner is a known fraudster!"

I won't try to summarize that thread, but there was a reason why he was banned. You should exercise caution if you're thinking of buying a package from them

Probably threatened to sue for libel, so probably best not to summarize it even if pressed. That just sounds like the kind of thread that might be too close for comfort for justifying one. (Which is why someone should post it anonymously somewhere resistant to censorship)

Thanked by 2zako12 angstrom
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jar said: sue for libel

LOL, some people have so thin skin, I was called a pedophile, I should shoot people up to keep proportions :D

• emgemg Veteran

Does the reason matter? If they were banned from LowEndTalk, they must be very very bad. There are enough providers on LowEndTalk who were not banned that I would not want to buy from. Why look for trouble?