Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


TERRAHOST | Colocation Special in Norway! Electricity pricing LOCKED!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

TERRAHOST | Colocation Special in Norway! Electricity pricing LOCKED!

terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

Terrahost has been able to lock in a 7 year deal on electricity that gives us predictability and we'll be able to provide Colocation in our Norway datacenter at a reasonable price, with a guarantee that we will NOT raise prices!

About us:
Terrahost is a hosting provider founded in 2006 located in Sandefjord, Norway. We own and operate our own datacenters in Norway. We also have locations in Amsterdam, Kansas City and Lagos.

LG:
https://lg.terrahost.com/ - Sandefjord, Norway
https://lg.kc-us.terrahost.com/ - Kansas City, USA
https://lg.ams-nl.terrahost.com/ - Amsterdam, The Netherlands

AS Info: https://bgp.he.net/AS56655
BGP session: Yes, automated through ENIGMA
Recurring: Yes

Transits:
Altibox (Norway)
GTT (Norway, US, Amsterdam)
Lightedge (US)

IX:
FSIX - Sandefjord (10G)
NIX1 - Oslo (10G)
FIXO - Oslo (10G)
DATAIX - Stockholm (20G)
DATAIX-UA - Stockholm (20G)
Global-IX - Stockholm (20G)
SOLIX - Stockholm (10G)
STHIX - Stockholm (10G)
KCIX - Kansas City (10G)
AMS-IX - Amsterdam (100G)
ERA-IX - Amsterdam (100G)
FSIX - Locally in our facilities, free 1G / 10G ports (https://fsix.no)


Single server colocation:

1U Colo - 175W - 100TB @ 1Gbps - €49/mo
2U Colo - 175W - 100TB @ 1Gbps - €59/mo
3U Colo - 175W - 100TB @ 1Gbps - €69/mo
4U Colo - 175W - 100TB @ 1Gbps - €79/mo

€12.5/mo per 100W additional power
€10/mo for a 10G port

Full rack colocation:
42U Rack - 1kW - 1Gbps Unmetered @ 10G Port - €499/mo (Setup fee €400)

€100/mo per 1kW additional power

To order please open a ticket or send a PM!

Comments

  • hey,

    im not a drama queen or anything.

    but would epik going bankrupt(they are in deep mess right now) affect you as a provider?

    your offer looks absolutely fantastic and i could colocate with you guys, but im kinda scared that if Epik goes under my hardware will be locked somewhere and I wont be able to recover it.

  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

    @treesmokah said:
    hey,

    im not a drama queen or anything.

    but would epik going bankrupt(they are in deep mess right now) affect you as a provider?

    No, it will not.

    your offer looks absolutely fantastic and i could colocate with you guys, but im kinda scared that if Epik goes under my hardware will be locked somewhere and I wont be able to recover it.

    We are not going anywhere, rest assured :)

    Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • @terrahost said:

    @treesmokah said:
    hey,

    im not a drama queen or anything.

    but would epik going bankrupt(they are in deep mess right now) affect you as a provider?

    No, it will not.

    your offer looks absolutely fantastic and i could colocate with you guys, but im kinda scared that if Epik goes under my hardware will be locked somewhere and I wont be able to recover it.

    We are not going anywhere, rest assured :)

    Thank you very much. See you soon :)

  • Is this offer also available in the Netherlands?

    Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • Also, can you please provide LG from your DC1 Location. As from what I know, that's the only location you guys support for Rack Colocation, the bunker(DC2) is only for Tower servers.

  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

    @0xOkami said:
    Is this offer also available in the Netherlands?

    This is only for Norway.

    @treesmokah said:
    Also, can you please provide LG from your DC1 Location. As from what I know, that's the only location you guys support for Rack Colocation, the bunker(DC2) is only for Tower servers.

    Our DC1/DC2 network are the same basically. We do not have separate routers/transits for DC1.

    Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

    @terrahost 175watts is a strange number.

  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @terrahost 175watts is a strange number.

    Yeah, but 177W is even stranger. Went with the least strange number of the two.

    Thanked by 1emgh
  • @terrahost said:

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @terrahost 175watts is a strange number.

    Yeah, but 177W is even stranger. Went with the least strange number of the two.

    Decimals would be even worse.

  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2022

    @terrahost said:

    Terrahost has been able to lock in a 7 year deal on electricity that gives us predictability and we'll be able to provide Colocation in our Norway datacenter at a reasonable price, with a guarantee that we will NOT raise prices!

    About us:
    Terrahost is a hosting provider founded in 2006 located in Sandefjord, Norway. We own and operate our own datacenters in Norway. We also have locations in Amsterdam, Kansas City and Lagos.

    LG:
    https://lg.terrahost.com/ - Sandefjord, Norway
    https://lg.kc-us.terrahost.com/ - Kansas City, USA
    https://lg.ams-nl.terrahost.com/ - Amsterdam, The Netherlands

    AS Info: https://bgp.he.net/AS56655
    BGP session: Yes, automated through ENIGMA
    Recurring: Yes

    Transits:
    Altibox (Norway)
    GTT (Norway, US, Amsterdam)
    Lightedge (US)

    IX:
    FSIX - Sandefjord (10G)
    NIX1 - Oslo (10G)
    FIXO - Oslo (10G)
    DATAIX - Stockholm (20G)
    DATAIX-UA - Stockholm (20G)
    Global-IX - Stockholm (20G)
    SOLIX - Stockholm (10G)
    STHIX - Stockholm (10G)
    KCIX - Kansas City (10G)
    AMS-IX - Amsterdam (100G)
    ERA-IX - Amsterdam (100G)
    FSIX - Locally in our facilities, free 1G / 10G ports (https://fsix.no)


    Single server colocation:

    1U Colo - 175W - 100TB @ 1Gbps - €49/mo
    2U Colo - 175W - 100TB @ 1Gbps - €59/mo
    3U Colo - 175W - 100TB @ 1Gbps - €69/mo
    4U Colo - 175W - 100TB @ 1Gbps - €79/mo

    €12.5/mo per 100W additional power
    €10/mo for a 10G port

    Full rack colocation:
    42U Rack - 1kW - 1Gbps Unmetered @ 10G Port - €499/mo (Setup fee €400)

    €100/mo per 1kW additional power

    To order please open a ticket or send a PM!

    How is the anti-ddos? Does such a thing exist in your Norway DC?

    I'm possibly interested for Plex server and/or my gameserver.

    Mainly the 1U + 10Gbps port @ 100TB/m

    I also wish to inquire about failover IPs or /27 subnet. How would that work? Via self owned ASN and self rented or do you offer any directly?

  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Member, Patron Provider

    That's one hell of a great price for EU. Good luck with sales @terrahost

  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

    @stefeman said:
    How is the anti-ddos? Does such a thing exist in your Norway DC?

    We use WANGuard L4 filtering in all our locations. Corero L7 to come. All locations have multiple 100G and we can filter a lot before nullrouting anything.

    I'm possibly interested for Plex server and/or my gameserver.

    Mainly the 1U + 10Gbps port @ 100TB/m

    I also wish to inquire about failover IPs or /27 subnet. How would that work? Via self owned ASN and self rented or do you offer any directly?

    We do not have anything for rent at the moment but we may be able to do a /27 assignment for instance. The best would be if you brought your own IPs and ASN through our self-service feature.

    @AlexBarakov said: That's one hell of a great price for EU. Good luck with sales @terrahost

    Thanks!

    Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

    Forgot to mention, free rack and stack B)

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

    That is REALLY good electricity price for the current market situation, considering cooling, infra etc. is included :O

    It's so good that we would even consider colocating there if we could get super cheap 100G DWDM from Helsinki to there :)

    @terrahost wonder if we should explore these options for long term so we can open a new location for dedis. But i think it might be several years off as we are starting to build our second DC, and are now transitioning our shared seedboxes all to way top off the line servers (You Get An Epyc, And You Get An Epyc, And You Get An Epyc, And You Get An Epyc ....). Regardless let us know, we could do some dedis or so there with your network just to feel out how things would work this way :)

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

    @terrahost said:
    Forgot to mention, free rack and stack B)

    What do you charge for remote hands, and how about storage of spare parts (ie. HDDs, some RAM, CPUs, HBAs and such)? Have to fit in the rack or small storage space separately offered with full racks on case by case basis?

  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

    @emgh said:

    @terrahost said:

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @terrahost 175watts is a strange number.

    Yeah, but 177W is even stranger. Went with the least strange number of the two.

    Decimals would be even worse.

    I just say its strange because its not 1amp or even 2 amps. its a weird amp.
    120v - 1amp = 120w
    208v - 1amp = 208w
    240v - 1amp = 240w

    but 175w / 220v = 0.8amps.

    Unless your applying the 80% rule per "plug" instead of per PDU?

  • MrRadicMrRadic Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

    What does redundancy look like in DC1/DC2 on the power/cooling side of things? Do you have photos of the Norway DC? Is that DC staffed 24/7? Do you offer remote hands?

  • @terrahost said:
    We are not going anywhere, rest assured :)

    I'm sure you're tired of these questions about Epik, but are you at all able to explain to what degree Epik and their employees are involved in your operations?

    I recall reading somewhere that their involvement with you was mostly just an investment, but Rob and several other Epik staff frequently talk about terrahost as if it is something they wholly operate and are responsible for, yet your account here has often said terrahost is still operated by the original people and things at Epik don't affect terrahost.

    It'd be nice to know anything you can say about what degree Epik is actually involved at terrahost if people are going to place hardware in your DC long term.

    No hate intended, I use your services and enjoy them :)

    Thanked by 2bdl maverick
  • @MrRadic said:
    What does redundancy look like in DC1/DC2 on the power/cooling side of things? Do you have photos of the Norway DC? Is that DC staffed 24/7? Do you offer remote hands?

    Redundant cooling: "The datacenters have redundant systems like cooling, power, battery backup and emergency generators."

    Redundant power: "Of course! Our rack are delivered with UPS and energency generator protected circuits. The generator will kick in and take over delivery of power to the datacenter within 15 to 20 seconds."

    Remote hands: "We offer remote hands and include several services with our Colocation. For instance: rebooting of servers, button pushing, screen readout, racking of new servers, connecting ISO with USB and temporary IP-KVM. Ask us if what you need isn't listed here and we will give you a good offer!."

    24/7 tech availability in DC1/2 I don't know.

  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

    @DataIdeas-Josh said:

    but 175w / 220v = 0.8amps.

    Unless your applying the 80% rule per "plug" instead of per PDU?

    Its just a number bro. If you use 200W we probably won't notice. :p

    Thanked by 2treesmokah lentro
  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

    @MrRadic said:
    What does redundancy look like in DC1/DC2 on the power/cooling side of things? Do you have photos of the Norway DC? Is that DC staffed 24/7? Do you offer remote hands?

    Hey,

    DC1 and DC2 has dual power feeds and your PDUs will be fed from two different UPS systems. We also have dual generators for the datacenters that we start weekly and load test monthly.

    Cooling is fully redundant and now that its -10c outside we run free cooling with filtered and mixed outside air and our ACs are barely running.

    The DC is not staffed 24/7 but techs can be on-site within 10-15 minutes in case there is an emergency.

    Remote hands are offered at a rate of €99/yr in 30 mins increments. But we do accumulate so we won't bill you for installing a single usb stick :)

    DC1:


    Older picture of DC2, its currently full:

  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

    Spoiler alert!

    Part of upcoming DC3:

    (yes sprinklers have been removed)

  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited December 2022

    @terrahost said:
    Spoiler alert!

    Part of upcoming DC3:

    (yes sprinklers have been removed)

    Any ETA? Also will you offer Rack colo there?

    Also what Fire prevention systems are you using in your DC1/DC2?

    What physical protection do you offer in DC1? Do you have some agency monitoring it 24/7?

  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

    @treesmokah said:
    Any ETA? Also will you offer Rack colo there?

    Q1 2023 - For now just towers in this datacenter but we have made room for racks that will be available later.

    Also what Fire prevention systems are you using in your DC1/DC2?

    The datacenter do not have suppression systems today, but monitoring 24/7 through sensors and cameras that are monitored by an agency that also looks after the datacenters physical security. Suppression systems are to be put in Q2/Q3 2023.

    What physical protection do you offer in DC1? Do you have some agency monitoring it 24/7?

    See answer above. Also DC1/DC2 is in an old nuclear bomb shelter and physically very safe. :)

    Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • @terrahost said:

    @treesmokah said:
    Any ETA? Also will you offer Rack colo there?

    Q1 2023 - For now just towers in this datacenter but we have made room for racks that will be available later.

    Also what Fire prevention systems are you using in your DC1/DC2?

    The datacenter do not have suppression systems today, but monitoring 24/7 through sensors and cameras that are monitored by an agency that also looks after the datacenters physical security. Suppression systems are to be put in Q2/Q3 2023.

    What physical protection do you offer in DC1? Do you have some agency monitoring it 24/7?

    See answer above. Also DC1/DC2 is in an old nuclear bomb shelter and physically very safe. :)

    Oh, so your DC1 is also in a Bunker? Is it the same as DC2 but some other room or something?

  • Life is teach those who trust to these long terms relationships where business and politics mixed all the time.

  • How is it possible for an electricity provider to commit to a 7 year contract especially at current time? Is that a regular thing to have multi-year electricity contracts?

  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

    @Kassem said:
    How is it possible for an electricity provider to commit to a 7 year contract especially at current time? Is that a regular thing to have multi-year electricity contracts?

    Its from the government owned hydropower company Statkraft directly.

    Thanked by 2treesmokah Kassem
  • MrRadicMrRadic Member, Patron Provider

    @terrahost said:

    @MrRadic said:
    What does redundancy look like in DC1/DC2 on the power/cooling side of things? Do you have photos of the Norway DC? Is that DC staffed 24/7? Do you offer remote hands?

    Hey,

    DC1 and DC2 has dual power feeds and your PDUs will be fed from two different UPS systems. We also have dual generators for the datacenters that we start weekly and load test monthly.

    Cooling is fully redundant and now that its -10c outside we run free cooling with filtered and mixed outside air and our ACs are barely running.

    The DC is not staffed 24/7 but techs can be on-site within 10-15 minutes in case there is an emergency.

    Remote hands are offered at a rate of €99/yr in 30 mins increments. But we do accumulate so we won't bill you for installing a single usb stick :)

    Thanks for this.

    What's the max usable power you can offer per rack? What does pricing look like on that? Do you offer dark fiber? If not, how much is backhaul and where do you offer it to?

Sign In or Register to comment.