Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a good East Coast USA KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a good East Coast USA KVM

xespoxespo Member
edited December 2022 in Providers

With a CPU clock of at least 3.5GHz
Able to run the latest Debian, which as of now is Debian 11
Virginia is preferred, but anywhere East Coast USA

Most places I've glanced at so far are terrible. Some have a TOS that will say to not host "offensive" content (I don't host illegal stuff, but why ban anything offensive?). Or some won't support any recent OS. Others lie about the CPU type they have. Some overcharge beyond what they quoted. Others wouldn't respond to basic questions I had.

My favorite provider so far has been SpartanHost, but they don't have any East Coast locations. Not interested in BuyVM.

Comments

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

Central.so offers a New York City location.

We are currently in the process of upgrading hardware but it will not match your CPU clock requirements.

Take a look if you would be interested: https://central.so/vps

• xespoxespo Member
    edited December 2022

@aqua said:

We are currently in the process of upgrading hardware but it will not match your CPU clock requirements.

What CPU and clock speed do you currently offer? Couldn't tell from your website

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

What about Miami? New panel for that location soon so if you're willing to wait a week (or setup now but have an IP change next week) I'll give you double resources for free as a one-off deal :) Ryzen 3900X in Miami. Ryzen 3800X in all other east coast locations (but very little stock in those -- Montreal Canada & Virginia US).

• xespoxespo Member
    edited December 2022

@MikeA said:
    What about Miami? New panel for that location soon so if you're willing to wait a week (or setup now but have an IP change next week) I'll give you double resources for free as a one-off deal :) Ryzen 3900X in Miami. Ryzen 3800X in all other east coast locations (but very little stock in those -- Montreal Canada & Virginia US).

Was looking for good speeds to Europe from east coast. I see you still have some Vint Hill ones, and that's exactly what I was looking for. Also, your website and terms look great, thanks

Also, do you route the connection anywhere before it lands in the Vint Hill datacenter? Some providers route to different locations for DDoS protection before the origin server and I don't need that as I already use Cloudflare

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@xespo said:

@aqua said:

What CPU and clock speed do you currently offer? Couldn't tell from your website

We'll be using a E5-2660v3 (or better) across all of our nodes.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Hetzner

• ended up going with extravm, thx

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

@xespo said:
    Also, do you route the connection anywhere before it lands in the Vint Hill datacenter? Some providers route to different locations for DDoS protection before the origin server and I don't need that as I already use Cloudflare

The Virginia location uses OVH's Game servers actually (Montreal and Virginia are the only two North America locations that do), so realistically there is no latency change, it uses the normal mitigation and the extra "game" firewalls for additional UDP filtering. I'm sure it will be good for you, if not I can let you try another.

Thanked by 1xespo