Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Request: How to create a Smart DNS Proxy cluster
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Request: How to create a Smart DNS Proxy cluster

BluBoyBluBoy Member
edited December 2022 in Help

I am looking to find a guide on how to set up a Smart DNS Proxy Cluster.

I (and friends) have VPS hosts we would like to use to access streaming material geoblocked in various countries. I would like to set the VPS in my country as my DNS server (lower latency for DNS queries), but if I browse to bbs.co.uk, it goes out to the VPS located in the UK. My friends will set their DNS to servers in their countries, and depending on the URL browsed, that traffic will exit via the correct VPS.

This could be solved by VPN tunnelling, but I am looking to run this on low-end boxes and dumb client devices

I have found a few resources for doing this with HAProxy/SNIProxy, but this is for a single instance and not clustered (DockerFlix, SNIProxy, SNIProxy, etc).

Are there any current guides for doing this?

In future, it would be good to control the exit points per domain per user (EG, Friend1, wants netflix.com to exit in Korea, while Friend2 wants it to exit in Canada)... But this would be a stretch goal. :)

Comments

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Are you sure that you need DNS cluster? From what you say you need just set of proxy. Perhaps you may find more details by search in google "nginx cluster load balancing".

Thanked by 1BluBoy