Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Dedicated Cores or Dedicated Server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Dedicated Cores or Dedicated Server?

edited December 2022 in Help

Hello. Im A website owner, currently running a comic reading website, currently im hosting my web server on Hetzner Dedicated Server:
Amd Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Thread And 64gb DDR4 Memory, It smoothly running on Average 8-10% CPU Usage, With 3% Ram usage. but i Got some Issue with hetzner regarding their TOS,

unfortunately i cant find dedicated server as low as hetzner offer, so i try buyvm 3 Cores Dedicated KVM Server and it cant handle my webserver for same price (80% Average CPU usage).

so i found this PHP Friends, Netcup, And DeinserverHost root server offering 8-10 Core dedicated (for netcup and phpfriend) and 10 vCPU for DeinserverHost, Do you think they can handle my website?

My page size is about 10-30 mb. with Peak User / 5 Minute in Google Analytics is About 1 - 2K User.

Hope you can help me choosing between those three. or give your recommendation

Comments

• Keep the dedi you have and find a better way to stay within the ToS.

• @dahartigan said:
    Keep the dedi you have and find a better way to stay within the ToS.

unfortunately i cant, its dmca issue tbh, but im looking for scapegoat for now until i can afford on much expensive offshore dedicated server after my adsense is payout about 1 week from now :sadge:

• Just get a DMCA ignored VPS from incognet @MannDude and reverse proxy it, no more issues due to DMCA.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited December 2022

Use a reverse proxy to hide the hetzner dedi. Get a VPS with buyvm or whoever else allows such things, run haproxy on it and point your domain to the VPS.

Thanked by 3AXYZE nick_ ariq01
  • @jahrinc said:
    Just get a DMCA ignored VPS from incognet @MannDude and reverse proxy it, no more issues due to DMCA.

can you give a tutorial links?
    so using dmca-free vps to reverse proxy to main server?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited December 2022

@sugarlessmuffins said:

@jahrinc said:
    Just get a DMCA ignored VPS from incognet @MannDude and reverse proxy it, no more issues due to DMCA.

Google "nginx reverse proxy".
    Everyone will connect to proxy server and only see proxy server IP.
    Proxy server connects to your server at Hetzner, gets data and forwards it to visitors. Hetzner server is completly invisible to others, everybody sees only proxy server. Be sure to block port 80/443 on main server, allow traffic on these ports only for proxy server IP.
    If you won't block these ports then bots will still crawl site on main server, only proxy server should be able to connect to 80/443.

In future if main server CPU usage is too high you can offload encryption to proxy server and disable encryption (or lower cipher) on main server. Or you can add additional "main server" and proxy server can load balance between them.

Thanked by 2vairav ariq01
  • jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited December 2022

@sugarlessmuffins said: can you give a tutorial links?

Install wordops

Then run on the dmca ignored server:

wo site create DOMAIN.COM --proxy=HETZNER_IP:PORT

Then with iptables block (on the Hetzner server) port 80/443 (or whatever port you use) just how @AXYZE says.

• @sugarlessmuffins said: so i found this PHP Friends, Netcup, And DeinserverHost root server offering 8-10 Core dedicated (for netcup and phpfriend) and 10 vCPU for DeinserverHost, Do you think they can handle my website?

Generally, German providers don't ignore DMCA, so in this respect, running from Hetzner to another German provider wouldn't make much sense

• You can try Netcup's RS1000, which is cheap but very powerful. The address on my bookmark has a coupon for 3 months free.

• edited December 2022

@AXYZE said:

@sugarlessmuffins said:

@jahrinc said:

Proxy server connects to your server at Hetzner, gets data and forwards it to visitors. Hetzner server is completly invisible to others, everybody sees only proxy server. Be sure to block port 80/443 on main server, allow traffic on these ports only for proxy server IP.
    If you won't block these ports then bots will still crawl site on main server, only proxy server should be able to connect to 80/443.

In future if main server CPU usage is too high you can offload encryption to proxy server and disable encryption (or lower cipher) on main server. Or you can add additional "main server" and proxy server can load balance between them.

Also, can i use cloudflare on proxy server?

• @angstrom said:

@sugarlessmuffins said: so i found this PHP Friends, Netcup, And DeinserverHost root server offering 8-10 Core dedicated (for netcup and phpfriend) and 10 vCPU for DeinserverHost, Do you think they can handle my website?

Generally, German providers don't ignore DMCA, so in this respect, running from Hetzner to another German provider wouldn't make much sense

yeah i know, just to buy enough time until i find dedicated server or solution to this problem lol

• edited December 2022

p

• Just get a netcup RS server. Powerful vps with 2.5gbit link, alot of bw, and cpu is awesome.

• @sugarlessmuffins said:

@AXYZE said:

@sugarlessmuffins said:

@jahrinc said:

Also, can i use cloudflare on proxy server?

Yes, but CF will give forward your proxy IP if they receive DMCA.

• @AXYZE said: proxy IP if they receive DMCA.

They only give the abuse email, and company name.

They never give your IP

• @jahrinc said:

@sugarlessmuffins said: can you give a tutorial links?

Install wordops

Then run on the dmca ignored server:

wo site create DOMAIN.COM --proxy=HETZNER_IP:PORT

Then with iptables block (on the Hetzner server) port 80/443 (or whatever port you use) just how @AXYZE says.

witch port must i use on wordops config 443/80? do i nedd to install ssl aswell on proxy server?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited December 2022

@jahrinc said:

@AXYZE said: proxy IP if they receive DMCA.

They only give the abuse email, and company name.

They never give your IP

Cloudflare trusted partners get origin IP if they need it ;)
    Fake DMCA wont work tho.

Edit: "We provide information in response to valid subpoenas issued under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512(h). We also have extended our trusted reporter program to certain rightsholder organizations to allow them to get access to sensitive origin IP address information we cannot otherwise make available due to security concerns."
    Valid DMCA from trusted partner = they get origin IP
    https://www.cloudflare.com/trust-hub/assisting-copyright-holders/

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited December 2022

@AXYZE said: Cloudflare trusted partners

Now, that trusted partner thing, thats news to me wow

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited December 2022

@sugarlessmuffins said: witch port must i use on wordops config 443/80?

Whichever port you are using on your origin.

@sugarlessmuffins said: do i nedd to install ssl aswell on proxy server?

If using CF = no, else, yes.

Really depends on how you want to set it up. I do have SSL on both, proxy + origin, and still using CF on FULL, instead of flexible