Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long have you been a customer of the provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long have you been a customer of the provider

Hello all,
Which products and services do you have the longest ?

I'll start with :

All-inkl.com = 2016 webspace + domain
Liteserver.nl = 2018 vServer

Thanked by 2Ympker greentea

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2022

Almost ten years with BuyVM. Thanks for continuing to provide a solid service @Francisco

I did have some stuff with SecureDragon for probably 6 or 7 years, as well.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited December 2022

all-inkl.com = Nov 2002

20 years with all-inkl.com

Thanked by 1TeoM
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited December 2022

don't have

and it seems i never friendly with long term product

Because when i saw new and better offer, i will replacing the old service with the new one even with same provider

Example:

I have been a hosthatch customer from 2013

long ago i have a service with them until 2015 and then i did not renew it, beacuse i have got better deal on the other provider

Then when they are came back with funtastic BF offer on 2020 i did buy few deal from them and still active until now

theoretically i have became their customer since 2013 is not it??

Thanked by 1TeoM
  • @MannDude cannot login here: https://ximg.us/ :)

Thanked by 1TeoM
  • I have a ramnode VPS from 2013 BF
    won't renew it next year anymore.

Thanked by 2TeoM greentea
  • emgemg Veteran

I have had the same VPS since 2013, but three different companies have owned it. The newest owner raised the price twice in the last two years. It was overpriced before and has not been well-maintained. I will not renew it at the increased price when it comes due next Spring.

NOT RECOMMENDED: Webline Services 
    Since 2013:
    OpenVZ
    750 Mbytes RAM
    30 Gbytes spinning hard drive
    1 Tbyte "bandwidth"
    2 IPv4 addresses
    $52.69 per year. (I do not know if that is before or after the 10% increase in 2023.)

This is my other VPS which will replace the one above, for comparison:

COMPARE WITH: Racknerd 
    Since 2022:
    KVM
    2.5 Gbytes RAM
    40 Gbytes SSD drive
    13 Tbytes "bandwidth"
    2 IPv4 addresses
    $35.49 per year

(Note: Racknerd's CEO has personal legal issues. Search LowEndTalk for endless discussions about it.)

Thanked by 2TeoM greentea
  • TeoMTeoM Member
    edited December 2022

@hyperblast said:
    all-inkl.com = Nov 2002

Wow 20 Years, can you tell me The history of how your product has upgraded by all-inkl

Has your product always been adapted accordingly to the latest packages ? Did you get any extra stuff for being a customer for 20 years ?

Can you tell me which package you have and how much you pay ?

Thanked by 2emg greentea
  • The small package from Webline Services is very expensive wow.

I pay 12 Euro/annualy for 512mb ram and 100gb storage at liteserver.

@emg said:
    I have had the same VPS since 2013, but three different companies have owned it. The newest owner raised the price twice in the last two years. It was overpriced before and has not been well-maintained. I will not renew it at the increased price when it comes due next Spring.

NOT RECOMMENDED: Webline Services 
    Since 2013:
    OpenVZ
    750 Mbytes RAM
    30 Gbytes spinning hard drive
    1 Tbyte "bandwidth"
    2 IPv4 addresses
    $52.69 per year. (I do not know if that is before or after the 10% increase in 2023.)

This is my other VPS which will replace the one above, for comparison:

COMPARE WITH: Racknerd 
    Since 2022:
    KVM
    2.5 Gbytes RAM
    40 Gbytes SSD drive
    13 Tbytes "bandwidth"
    2 IPv4 addresses
    $35.49 per year

(Note: Racknerd's CEO has personal legal issues. Search LowEndTalk for endless discussions about it.)

Thanked by 1greentea
  • emgemg Veteran

@TeoM said:
    The small package from Webline Services is very expensive wow.

I pay 12 Euro/annualy for 512mb ram and 100gb storage at liteserver.

At the time, it was a good value at just over $3 a month, but it turned into a "boiling the frog" situation where they began raising the price every year. I paid it for various reasons, mostly "forgot to cancel in time."

I marked my calendar. I won't forget to cancel it this time.

Thanked by 1TeoM
  • Linode, for a decade. All the way from $20/mo to $10/mo and finally today’s $5/mo. Not quite lowend but it’s been serving as my primary server extremely well.

Thanked by 2nick_ greentea
  • hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited December 2022

@TeoM said:

@hyperblast said:
    all-inkl.com = Nov 2002

Wow 20 Years, can you tell me The history of how your product has upgraded by all-inkl

Has your product always been adapted accordingly to the latest packages ? Did you get any extra stuff for being a customer for 20 years ?

Can you tell me which package you have and how much you pay ?

Tarifgrundgebühr                 9.95 EUR
    WebPremium B
    25.11.2002 bis 25.12.2002

https://all-inkl.com/altetarife/webpremium/

here is the history for all the old packages: https://all-inkl.com/altetarife/

startet with:
    WebPremium B (11/2002) -> ALL-INKL PrivatPlus (12/2010)-> ALL-INKL Premium (since 01/2011)

today i have: ALL-INKL Premium (Details: https://all-inkl.com/webhosting/premium/)

but still 10 euro per month ;)

Did you get any extra stuff for being a customer for 20 years ?

nope.

Thanked by 1TeoM
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Not long.
    My desires change as quickly as the weather on Mars.
    Most servers are cancelled within three years.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited December 2022

@emg said: 2 IPv4 addresses
    $35.49 per year

How did you get 2 IP addresses? I've never seen a RN VPS with 2 IPs, is it offered still? @dustinc

• Namecheap, namesilo from 2010-present
    Contabo from 2016-2021
    Ovh from 2015-16 & 2020-present
    Porkbun from 2018-present

• fastmail.fm 2008

• Been a customer of the local power service provider from a long long time ago.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • 20 years customer of gmail free service.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • emgemg Veteran

@Arkas said:

How did you get 2 IP addresses? I've never seen a RN VPS with 2 IPs, is it offered still? @dustinc

When I placed the order, there was an option to add IP addresses. I added one.

It was $1 a month or $12 a year. If I wanted just one IP address, I could have paid $23.49 per year.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • NameSilo since 2015
    Virmach since 2015 same service... too cheap to cancel it.

• I been with FranTech for a while, although I have gone bigger since these first VMs.

First payment to Vultr who I have continually used since.

and VirMach continually since 8/2015

If we are counting domain registrars, I switched over to NameSilo in Dec 2012 and have been using them ever since.

Thanked by 1DaveA
  • ninjatkninjatk Signature Restricted

Been with Google.com since 2006

• In the early 2000 I rented my first dedicated server from Strato, and have been an on/off customer ever since.

My longest and "continuous" customer relationship, for probably 20 years, is with Hetzner (server/storage) and Epag/Tucows (domains).

• I have been using vultr from 2018 and still going when they still have bird mascot :D

• 7 years with Ramnode (2015 - 2022)

• September 2019 with Oracle free tier. First with 2 small X86_64 VPS. Since then I have added in 20GB of object storage and 2 ARM64 VPS each with 2 cores and 12 GB RAM. I have had a couple of short down times along the way, but still a lot of resources for zero cost.

• Is a customer of Ramnode since 2013.

Had 4 services with Nick- Cancelled one when RN is sold. Cancelled 2 more when they changed ip pricing(Even though I was not affected, the email was not clear and by the time nessa made it clear on LET, the services were already cancelled). Will be moving out my last service this month or next month.

I'm a bit emotionally attached with RN as I stayed with them for such a long time. It really hurts to even think that I need to cancel my last service with them next. :disappointed:

Thanked by 1greentea