Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The official twitter account of Mastodon has been suspended. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The official twitter account of Mastodon has been suspended.

2»

Comments

• ninjatkninjatk Signature Restricted

@jmaxwell said:

@hostdare said:
    Twitter Suspends Indian Rival Platform Koo's Query Handle , Freedom of Speech lol

koo should do the same and call it even. So should mastodon.

I liked this idea.

• emgemg Veteran

@jmaxwell said:

koo should do the same and call it even. So should mastodon.

Two wrongs don't make a right. In my opinion, Koo and Mastodon should not ban Twitter immediately, and certainly not as a reaction to Twitter's bans. In my opinion, a move like that would be far from their best interests. It would be better for them to stand on the moral high ground, at least for now. I doubt that Twitter links are doing them much harm.

Instead, if I were Koo and Mastodon, I would remain silent and watch what happens next. The government or other interested parties may try to step in for abusing a dominant market position to harm competitors. That won't be easy or pretty to watch either.

If necessary, they can always ban Twitter later if it seems appropriate. This story has a long way to go before it concludes.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited December 2022

Elon is just giving them a free promotion with all this. Now, even more people will know about Mastodon. There is no such thing as "bad" publicity, it's just publicity :blush:

I know, I know, its CNN, but it is still news/promotion

Thanked by 2emg Void
  • @Arkas said:
    Elon is just giving them a free promotion with all this. Now, even more people will know about Mastodon. There is no such thing as "bad" publicity, it's just publicity :blush:

I know, I know, its CNN, but it is still news/promotion

Pretty much this.

I barely remember what koo is but now it is back to spotlight along with mastodon.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

Im soon expecting "Tesla owners get Blue check for free, Get a Tesla Get a Blue Check! t&c apply"

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @FatGrizzly said:
    Im soon expecting "Tesla owners get Blue check for free, Get a Tesla Get a Blue Check! t&c apply"

Might get a different kind of check mark.

What would be the problem with that?

• @Tony40 said:
    Twitter, has suspended dozens journalists accounts today. but the suspension of Mastodon account has people furious., is see as if Elon Musk feel that his new acquire business is in danger of extinction.

https://twitter.com/joinmastodon

Most of these journalists are lying deep state scum bags. He should ban them all and get the release of Julian Assange - a real journalist.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2022

@Arkas said: He got scared...

I doubt.
    It was just another PR stunt.
    I am sure he would be more careful in the future, though.

That being said, Twitter is now in the clutches of the alt-right and will have the fate of the other "alt-media" filled with "alt-facts" and I think Musk is aware and even more, took it over in order to make it into that, he started the downsizing immediately after he took it over.

• He did a poll about if the accounts should be immediately reinstated instead of 7 days after suspension, it won, so he was not 'scared'....

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Jake4 said: He did a poll about if the accounts should be immediately reinstated instead of 7 days after suspension, it won, so he was not 'scared'....

Yes, he really didn't know that the poll would show that... :expressionless:

Thanked by 2Maounique TimboJones
  • Musk is a faggot.

• Elon is the boss !

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@gbzret4d said: Musk is a faggot.

Severe warning given.

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • @Maounique said: That being said, Twitter is now in the clutches of the alt-right and will have the fate of the other "alt-media" filled with "alt-facts" and I think Musk is aware and even more, took it over in order to make it into that, he started the downsizing immediately after he took it over.

That's likely, unless he is very dumb. But did he plan that advertisers would run away?

He seems to be in for a though ride as far as money is concerned... He paid way too much if the goal was to transform twitter that way.

edited December 2022

@pbx said: But did he plan that advertisers would run away?

Plan, no, but he was certainly aware that the "woke elites" with "globalist" companies would leave. I believe he might have thought pillow makers would flood to advertise instead, "clean coal" barons, the GOP, Le Pen, AfD and the like as well as tons of scammers ready to take advantage of the greatly reduced overall IQ of the alt-right people left in there after the majority would have left or got banned.

@pbx said: He paid way too much if the goal was to transform twitter that way.

He did try to pay less, but he was wrongfooted.

@pbx said: He seems to be in for a though ride as far as money is concerned...

I don't think he thought of it in that light, it is just another toy for him, the only thing he would regret is the time needed to micromanage everything until he would find an alt-right media baron ready to hire his people to run it, and one which is not about to go to jail like Bannon and Jones.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • ivlad ivlad Member
    edited December 2022

And the account is now unsuspended. https://twitter.com/joinmastodon. hmm..

Thanked by 1Tony40
  • Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited December 2022

Twitter will no longer allow users to promote or link to at least seven major social media sites, the platform announced.

Twitter announces, then quickly retracts ban on promoting other social media
    CEO Elon Musk posted poll asking, "Should I step down as head of Twitter?" and says he'll abide by the results.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/twitter-bans-promotion-social-media-sites-facebook-instagram-truth-soc-rcna62305

• The brat seems bored.

@Shot2 said: The brat seems bored.

More like his manic phase gone. Time for the depressive phase.

Thanked by 3vimalware pbx Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Maounique said: More like his manic phase gone. Time for the depressive phase.

I always thought he was bipolar. It's a mental illness, I'm not making fun of him, but he does seem to be bipolar.