Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is IDrive e2 reliable? support tickets seems poor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is IDrive e2 reliable? support tickets seems poor

BUT the price is really attractive, just $4 first year for 1 TB! :|

Comments

• Hmm, as to Wasabi, iDrive e2, Backblaze B2, which one would be the best in US?
    I just want to use them to store image and video files uploaded by users for my website.
    Thanks. :)

• Backblaze

• @Liso said:
    Backblaze

Thanks!
    And how about the internet speed of Backblaze?

• EthanZouEthanZou Member
    edited December 2022

Interesting!
    IDrive e2 is always the worst. :|
    NOT the fastest one!

Here is the speed test link from IDrive e2
    https://www.idrive.com/e2/speed-test-for-idrive-e2-vs-wasabi-backblaze-b2-s3
    Just have a test

• ardaarda Member
    edited December 2022

The speed test is something like this for me (from eastern Europe).

And another test after a couple of minutes:

That page does not include other-than-usa regions I assume (so maybe that's why b2 fails for me).

It's been only days for me, but for me so far I'm happy with the performance overall.

• vitobottavitobotta Member
    edited December 2022

For me it performs better than the others (I'm in Finland)

Thanked by 1arda
  • BTW, you should always use a CDN in front of object storage, to serve content from the location that is closest to the end user, and to save bandwidth for the object storage, since these services either charge for it or have some limits. I use Cloudflare in front of iDrive e2 and works great.

• @arda said:
    It's been only days for me, but for me so far I'm happy with the performance overall.

B2?

• @vitobotta said:
    BTW, you should always use a CDN in front of object storage, to serve content from the location that is closest to the end user, and to save bandwidth for the object storage, since these services either charge for it or have some limits. I use Cloudflare in front of iDrive e2 and works great.

Yes, vitobotta, I will.
    Thanks very much for your advice! <3

• @vitobotta said:

Cool!
    PS. Finland? So Hetzner works great for you too! B)

• what kind of support do you need for a storage service? I don't need any support even speed as long as service is cheap enough, because the service is just a place to store cold data

• @swagger said:
    what kind of support do you need for a storage service? I don't need any support even speed as long as service is cheap enough, because the service is just a place to store cold data

Public buckets for hot data.

• @vitobotta said:

Yes, after many tests with files upload and download, E2 is the fastest one now.

• Strange!
    E2 Magic!
    Wasabi Best!

• ardaarda Member
    edited December 2022

I currently use pay-as-go plan for e2, and have been using for about 3 weeks, and I'm quite happy so far. I Also set CloudfFare CDN in front of it, thanks to Vito's guide. I set a couple of things differently but more or less the method is same.

I'm from Turkey and I use the Germany edge of idrive, also the server that uploads the content is at Germany, so the whole process is fast and works great for my requirements!

My initial plan was to use backblaze from the start, but they're banned in my country, because possibly some stupid person hosted pirated content and their ip, which is backblaze api ip, is banned.. I'm just glad I stumbled upon idrive.

Currently, I'll pay only a couple of cents per month for my requirement, which is even better. Wasabi was $6/mo minimum, which is not feasible if you only need low to medium amount of storage.

• @arda said: My initial plan was to use backblaze from the start

Backblaze b2 is also a good option for cloud object storage?

• @EthanZou said:

@arda said: My initial plan was to use backblaze from the start

Yes, they are good, if you put B2 behind cloudflare cdn you only pay for storage and api calls.

• @Kebab said:

@EthanZou said:

@arda said: My initial plan was to use backblaze from the start

Yes, they are good, if you put B2 behind cloudflare cdn you only pay for storage and api calls.

Nice, but it seems that B2 is pretty slow in comparison.