Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are you using chat GPT?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How are you using chat GPT?

I have a few websites, but I don't remember how to code. I've been asking the AI chat to code web pages for me using HTML, CSS, JS. How are you guys using the chat to simplify your life?

Comments

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited December 2022

Honestly I try not to get used to it because it's very unclear how long it will remain free (CEO said cost per chat was “probably single-digits cents" so that's a good question) and going back may not be easy for those who have gotten addicted. Also IMO things like ChatGPT encourage brain degeneration in the long term (as you say you don't code anymore...).

Anyway I was very impressed. It's a taste of the future.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

I refuse to give it my mobile number which you are forced to do to use it, so I don't use it.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited December 2022

I haven't. For me the question is.. who owns the code if it's produced by such wonderful AI? Which is different than github copilot paid service.

• I asked it to write a classic Asteroid game in HTML. Try it :) Also I asked it to write an article, and email to my manager... It is awesome!

Thanked by 1greentea
  • A nice idea in my opinion would be to ask it to write your CV and resume. haha Would be nice to see what it comes up with, assuming you provide your education and experience.

• I just tell it to ask me how my day is going because i have no friends

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited December 2022

@Sapcedor said:
    I asked it to write a classic Asteroid game in HTML. Try it :) Also I asked it to write an article, and email to my manager... It is awesome!

I once asked it to code a game for Android. System started issuing a very long code but stopped in the middle with "server error" red message (deleting all previous output).

I think they now enforce limit on the possible output length.

• @Hxxx said:
    A nice idea in my opinion would be to ask it to write your CV and resume. haha Would be nice to see what it comes up with, assuming you provide your education and experience.

It can do it, just tell it few parameters.

• @farsighter said:

@Sapcedor said:
    I asked it to write a classic Asteroid game in HTML. Try it :) Also I asked it to write an article, and email to my manager... It is awesome!

I once asked it to code a game for Android. System started issuing a very long code but stopped in the middle with "server error" red message (deleting all previous output).

I think they now enforce limit on the possible output length.

Yes, this is the main problem right now. When the response is long, I am always getting the error "network error." I read somewhere that it was because server requests were too high at the time, but I don't believe so. I believe, or maybe I am wrong, that is a limit they set up.

• I may have used it to write my university assignments

• @Jake4 said:
    I may have used it to write my university assignments

Sounds like they may need to offer an API to educational institutions to check against this.

• @Jake4 said:

Did I meet you today at the pool? Lol

He said he first got a message about it being too busy but he refreshed twice and used it for a university exam on Friday.

• @TimboJones said:

@Jake4 said:

He said he first got a message about it being too busy but he refreshed twice and used it for a university exam on Friday.

Tf you on about?

• @Jake4 said:

@TimboJones said:

@Jake4 said:

Tf you on about?

Never mind, it was a joke.

• @TimboJones said:

@Jake4 said:

@TimboJones said:

@Jake4 said:

Tf you on about?

You do know the writing university assignments was also a joke

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2022

@Jake4 said:

@TimboJones said:

@Jake4 said:

@TimboJones said:

@Jake4 said:

Tf you on about?

You do know the writing university assignments was also a joke

No, that wasn't clear. We fail at jokes.

ChatGPT, write us some (edit: funny) jokes...

• I asked AI to make a trading bot, using Pine script code, and it works :)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Why does the AI need my phone number? This is ridiculous!

• @Innokzub said:
    I asked AI to make a trading bot, using Pine script code, and it works :)

Did you ask it to make profitable trades only?

• @TimboJones said:

@Innokzub said:
    I asked AI to make a trading bot, using Pine script code, and it works :)

Did you ask it to make profitable trades only?

No, he won’t offer you anything in this case) Offer him options from which indicators to make a bot. It will create it with standard parameters. And already further adjustment and tests depends on you.

• @Arkas said:
    Why does the AI need my phone number? This is ridiculous!

There's a good chance they're going to enforce strict usage limits soon (as they already do with DALL·E free 15 credits per month) and they don't want some people to create 200 accounts...

Likely they also want to analyse users' data (demographic etc) to help improve their products. Intelligence isn't created in a vacuum after all :smiley:

Some mobile apps provide virtual numbers you can find a solution. Or maybe Google Voice.

• To write emails!