Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the CPU usage Limit of Hetzner Cloud?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the CPU usage Limit of Hetzner Cloud?

As to the standard series of Hetzner Cloud,
what would the CPU usage limit be?
80%? 50% ? or less? :o

Comments

• I've used 100% of the CPU for months straight, no issues.

They told me they have 0 guarantees on the CPU utilization, meaning you can also have noisy neighbors.

• @jahrinc said:
    I've used 100% of the CPU for months straight, no issues.

They told me they have 0 guarantees on the CPU utilization, meaning you can also have noisy neighbors.

Thanks for your reply!
    So, a DEDICATED vCPU is necessary?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@EthanZou said:

@jahrinc said:

Thanks for your reply!

That means if you have dedicated vCPU, the vCPU will be entirely yours, or else, you might/might not get noisy neighbours which is never guaranteed. All on luck !

• @EthanZou said:

@jahrinc said:

Thanks for your reply!

no.

they don't throttle, and while theres noisy neighbours, theres no lag really that shows.

Im encoding 24/7 and its fine so far.

Thanked by 2nick_ maverick
  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    That means if you have dedicated vCPU, the vCPU will be entirely yours, or else, you might/might not get noisy neighbours which is never guaranteed. All on luck !

@stefeman said:
    no.

they don't throttle, and while theres noisy neighbours, theres no lag really that shows.

Get√ many thanks!
    So, Hetzner might be the best choice at present, all right?

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2022

@EthanZou said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@stefeman said:
    no.

Get√ many thanks!

As long as its not crypto, you can use 100% CPU all you want. They seem to have enough resources on the nodes un-used to not care much about it. Generally you should choose EPYC VPS from CPX series, as those are better if you use 100% CPU 24/7 since there are always resources free since they have more physical cores than the intel gold range.

You might affect others more on Intel Gold CPUs as those nodes have less cores. So avoid them.

One CPX node is Dual EPYC 7742 with 128 cores and 256 threads and around 100k Passmark.

• @stefeman said:

@EthanZou said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@stefeman said:
    no.

Get√ many thanks!

As long as its not crypto, you can use 100% CPU all you want. They seem to have enough resources on the nodes un-used to not care much about it. Generally you should choose EPYC VPS from CPX series, as those are better if you use 100% CPU 24/7 since there are always resources free since they have more physical cores than the intel gold range.

You might affect others more on Intel Gold CPUs as those nodes have less cores. So avoid them.

One CPX node is Dual EPYC 7742 with 128 cores and 256 threads and around 100k Passmark.

Thanks a lot for your advice! Benefited greatly! <3