New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.
OVH provisioning time? still waiting for a black friday server that was in stock to be delivered
Hi OVH TEAM,
i have ordered a server that was in stock on Black Friday, and am still waiting for it to be provisioned. Is there anything that can be done, my ticket number is 6790019 and I am going around in circles. Would someone from OVH please assist, I purchased based on the good comments in this forum howwever the service I have received has been terrible
appreciate some help
Still You can access your account right??
First mistake: Order from OVH.
I bought 4 servers total and all the servers were almost instantly provisioned.
This is how ovh works:
Assuming there is only 1 server in stock
1. You ordered the server
2. Your finalized payment but payment is pending manual validation
3. At this stage, the server is not assigned to you and is still in stock pool.
4. Someone else ordered the server, paid, but not require manual review.
5. Your order is validated, but there's no server left.
6. You have to wait until someone cancel his/her server
7. ovh won't build new servers for you since they are in eco line
8. As per OVH's ToS, they have up to 90 days to provision your server, you are not qualified for a refund for this issue.
What the hell
I made the mistake of buying 20x VPS for testing from them, because of their sht it was put on hold for 90 days.
Welcome to the convoluted world of OVH
As expected, EOL hardware, can only provide what they have.
Plus OVH tends to oversell stock.