Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH from worse to the worst. New IP pricing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH from worse to the worst. New IP pricing

Seems that OVH announced a new pricing model for failover ip4 and I have no issue with that at all. My main problem that they sent notification by email that been delivered to junk mail. Okay, again this my main problem not theirs.

But here is the good part:

• I have opened a support ticket one day after the new order invoice for idle IPs that I have. As a loyal customer with good account balance, I expected to have opportunity to modify the invoice after removing the unneeded sets but they simply refused and asked me to pay, then cancel.
  • The discussion to modify current invoice took like 2 or 3 days to have a final confirmation that they do not care. They will collect money. Take it or leave it.
  • My bad, I got busy with other staff, then yesterday morning I received monitoring alert that I have 2 services down. I went into OVH panel to check what going on and found that they suspended all the additional IPs for not paying. I preferred to pay the whole invoice (while I need only 2 IPs) to get services working back but it did not happen.
  • I went then and tried to chat, called, opened a ticket but till this moment (almost 48hours) and I have nothing from their side. Only a promise that someone will check it. They confirmed payment but they never answered why IPs are not unsuspended.
  • Checked suspension email sent and noticed that they claimed that service will be back after paying the invoice and it might take few hours. I do not know what the hek few hours means.

I am managing services from other vendors and I could see how they hear their customer. Most of EU providers whom changed pricing due to energy crisis were more smooth than OVH.

Comments

• dbContextdbContext Member
    edited December 2022

So to summarize.

You didn't pay an issued invoice even though the service was active (regardless of whether it was idle), you then didn't pay the invoice, and somehow pikachu surprised when they suspended your services as you had a negative account balance?

It's not great that the service didn't automatically come back up once the invoice was paid, but that wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Don't be mistaken, I'm not on OVH's side, nor do I have any active services for them, but look at it from an unbiased view instead of throwing shade on a forum.

• @dbContext said:
    So to summarize.

You didn't pay an issued invoice even though the service was active (regardless of whether it was idle), you then didn't pay the invoice, and somehow pikachu surprised when they suspended your services as you had a negative account balance?

• I am not surprised. This is normal action from billing system. What is not normal is that we deal with machines. You got robotic answers. I told you that I am managing other accounts with other providers (will not mention names to avoid comparison) but they deal with open invoices and such scenarios and they respond in a positive way.
    • What is not normal, is that after paying the invoice service has not been returned and I am chasing support to understand what is going on. It looks like a way of pushing customers.

overall, thanks for passing by.

• Support chat is awesome <put email address here> :D

Thanked by 2TODO greentea
  • edited December 2022

Don't use OVH if you ever (and I mean ever) require support or manual intervention in the future from them. Their service is terrible in this regard even if you hadn't made any errors yourself in this situation. Chalk it up to experience, move on and find a decent host that treats you as more than an invoice number. Or stay with them but then don't complain when they do stuff like this because this IS the quantity of customer service they provide and that has been the case for years. They've built a company upon automation and that means you should expect robotic answers from a robotic company.

• The only issue I had with them is their broken panel, I wanted to delete the FO IP and it wasn't working, I contacted them and they suggested to delete it via API. It worked, but I feel like they do this on purpose so people don't know or make it harder to cancel a service so they earn..um scam more.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Mentally strong people stay away from Organic Valley House.

Thanked by 1TODO
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

If you don't pay within 24 hours after due, your services on OVH get suspended.
    If these are mission critical, you would have paid despite your request.

They could have modified later for you, right.

• Their panel works terribly

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

@hadawayandplay said: Don't use OVH if you ever (and I mean ever) require support or manual intervention in the future from them

We paid them for their premium support which still was useless.

@plathost said: Their panel works terribly

I hate OVH so much. They've dicked us around so many times. They're actually such a terrible provider.

• Buggy UI (surely I'm not the only one who hates spending 15 mins to view an invoice)
    • Slow customer service (sometime's worse than robot)
    • Poor communication (these price changes not being communicated clearly)
    • Strict abuse teams (sending an abuse notice at 3am, then suspending a server after not receiving a response within 4 hours is unacceptable)
    • Unfaithful business agreements (we prepaid cPanel in advance before the cPanel price increase, and they increased our prices without notifying us, I had to CC everyone on their board to get a refund)
    • Crappy technical team (I've been trying to delete nearly 40 S3 buckets, it's been 3 months, and they still haven't figured it out)

At one stage, we were one of their largest clients in APAC, they missed out on a heap of our business over the years, and I haven't looked back since.

We've had nearly four different account managers 'who want to win our business but have failed to achieve anything.

As a collective, we should stop using OVH; they're just not worth it.

Thanked by 3alilet kheng86 angelius
  • @yoursunny said:

Or try to use their support ;)

• @Jamie_DreamIT said:
    At one stage, we were one of their largest providers in APAC, they missed out on a heap of our business over the years, and I haven't looked back since.

You provided them service or they provided you (the "client") service?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2022

@yoursunny said:

Why Valley instead of Vegetables? You might be onto something selling organic houses, though. Premium.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited December 2022

@athensguy said:

• My bad, I got busy with other staff, then yesterday morning I received monitoring alert that I have 2 services down. I went into OVH panel to check what going on and found that they suspended all the additional IPs for not paying. I preferred to pay the whole invoice (while I need only 2 IPs) to get services working back but it did not happen.
    • I went then and tried to chat, called, opened a ticket but till this moment (almost 48hours) and I have nothing from their side. Only a promise that someone will check it.

Umm, "yesterday morning" is when they shut it off. Then you paid the invoice. What is the 48 hours in reference to, because it's certainly not since payment was received? And "nothing from their side" doesn't sound right if you chatted AND phoned them. Perhaps "nothing helpful" is more accurate.

I'm surprised the phone support doesn't say, "I see your payment was made, I'll re-enable the service right now."

I've never used OVH, but reading LET over the years, I've understood phone support was the only way to get something done. There seems to be some missing details.

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

@TimboJones said:

@Jamie_DreamIT said:
    At one stage, we were one of their largest providers in APAC, they missed out on a heap of our business over the years, and I haven't looked back since.

You provided them service or they provided you (the "client") service?

Oops, it's still quite early here down under :)

Yes, I meant as a client. We joined them when they first launched here and have been slowly moving customers away.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Jamie_DreamIT said: Strict abuse teams (sending an abuse notice at 3am, then suspending a server after not receiving a response within 4 hours is unacceptable)

That's kind of strange. I've reported 20-30 serious abusers to them and nothing is ever done from what I can see.

• Yup.
    OVH Ip manager and billing are terrible.
    I have to use their API to cancel some service. At the end, I ended up cancelling a few servers and vps that only use slightly. Turn out, after ovh increase price and ipv4, my bill at ovh reduce around 30%, lol.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

@DanSummer said:

@Jamie_DreamIT said: Strict abuse teams (sending an abuse notice at 3am, then suspending a server after not receiving a response within 4 hours is unacceptable)

That's kind of strange. I've reported 20-30 serious abusers to them and nothing is ever done from what I can see.

I think it's dependant on region. I know in the US they are shit hot on abuse, but I've not had a single abuse report in France. (I use the box as a seedbox)

• I can confirm that deleting the Failover IP addresses was not possible several weeks ago when I first tried as well as few days ago when I've tried again but seems they've recently fixed that as it now redirects to the correct page in order to delete a FO IP if you don't want it anymore.
    Thing is, whenever you wanted to cancel a service with them you'd usually just let it expire but this doesn't seem to work with FO IP as you need to remove those manually.

• One thing I regret was I am not aware of this post. I am become one of their victims also. Worse service, soon I will post new topic regarding my issues with them. LEB should remove them from this board. Completely not responsible company with arrogant people inside just sucking people money.

• I think what people forget with OVH is that they rely on automation far too much. Aside from that all their managerial support is in France, so all the billing tickets that get escalated get forwarded there, and the people there are extremely disconnected with the consumer and they only care about minimizing loss for OVH. They don't care how old the customer is, or how much revenue they bring in, the goal is just to minimize loss for OVH, and if the customer gets screwed in the process, so be it.

• But for 30 days leaving the customer with problems and issues of crashes would be completely insane and not professional. I am sure customer paid the service to get what we wanted. Refused for cancellation and refund would be one another reason that OVH is not human enough.

• People who say they use their API to cancel services, YOU are the issue. You're just giving them "oh see it's fine like this" attitude.