Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transferring data from Wasabi to iDrive e2 via Hetzner Cloud 320 MB/sec
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transferring data from Wasabi to iDrive e2 via Hetzner Cloud 320 MB/sec

I still can't believe it! I have migrated some stuff from Wasabi to iDrive e2 using rclone and did it on my Hetzner Cloud VPS since my home connection maxes at 300 Mb/sec.

The data was transferred at a whopping 320 MB/sec! This was made possible thanks to both the port speed of Hetzner Cloud servers (over 3 Gb/sec for my VPS) and Wasabi/iDrive e2, which are together the fastest object storage services I have used so far. I think this transfer rate is impressive.

What is the max transfer speed you have experienced from one service to another?

Thanked by 1arda

Comments

• tjntjn Member
    edited December 2022

Never tried iDrive.
    Are you using it for personal data or work?

Speeds are impressive.

• @tjn said:
    Never tried iDrive.
    Are you using it for personal data or work?

Speeds are impressive.

For my Mastodon instance's media and backups, as well as assets for my blog

Thanked by 1tjn
  • @vitobotta said:
    I still can't believe it! I have migrated some stuff from Wasabi to iDrive e2 using rclone and did it on my Hetzner Cloud VPS since my home connection maxes at 300 Mb/sec.

The data was transferred at a whopping 320 MB/sec! This was made possible thanks to both the port speed of Hetzner Cloud servers (over 3 Gb/sec for my VPS) and Wasabi/iDrive e2, which are together the fastest object storage services I have used so far. I think this transfer rate is impressive.

What is the max transfer speed you have experienced from one service to another?

Do you have test file on idrive? I want to try the connection from SEA

• @Liso said:

@vitobotta said:

I can't make files public on the bucket yet, I think I would have to contact support for now for this

• @vitobotta said:

@Liso said:

@vitobotta said:

I can't make files public on the bucket yet, I think I would have to contact support for now for this

Oh okay, it's fine tho. I already acquire contabo (in SG) as my object storage— interested in idrive cheap pricing

• @vitobotta said: What is the max transfer speed you have experienced from one service to another?

Not exactly what you're looking for but one time at my day job I pushed to S3 at ~2.4Tbps for 4 hours. Involved like 600 beefy servers with PBs of local storage combined.

• @HackedServer said:

@vitobotta said: What is the max transfer speed you have experienced from one service to another?

Not exactly what you're looking for but one time at my day job I pushed to S3 at ~2.4Tbps for 4 hours. Involved like 600 beefy servers with PBs of local storage combined.

That's going to be some serious AWS bill.

• We contacted IDrive e2 support and they have enabled public buckets for us; in fact I was conveyed that they are going to push public buckets to everyone by next week it seems rather request basis.

Overall I was impressed with their performance and pricing.!

• @valmiki said:
    We contacted IDrive e2 support and they have enabled public buckets for us; in fact I was conveyed that they are going to push public buckets to everyone by next week it seems rather request basis.

Nice, I should contact them too. BTW "public access" only allows reading files with direct URL, not listing the contents of the buckets nor uploading without the access key id/scret key, right?

• Hmm, as to Wasabi, iDrive e2, Backblaze B2, which one would be the best?
    I just want to use them to store image and video files uploaded by users for my website.
    Thanks.

• @EthanZou said:
    Hmm, as to Wasabi, iDrive e2, Backblaze B2, which one would be the best?
    I just want to use them to store image and video files uploaded by users for my website.
    Thanks.

Wasabi is the most compatible with S3 API out of the three. Both Wasabi an iDrive are very fast while B2 is pretty slow in comparison.

Thanked by 1arda
  • @valmiki said:
    We contacted IDrive e2 support and they have enabled public buckets for us; in fact I was conveyed that they are going to push public buckets to everyone by next week it seems rather request basis.

Good news!
    And, is iDrive E2 better than Backblaze B2?

• @vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:
    Thanks.

Wasabi is the most compatible with S3 API out of the three. Both Wasabi an iDrive are very fast while B2 is pretty slow in comparison.

Many thanks for your reply!
    And wasabi will offer free data transfer with cloudflare? Is that really true?
    So, Unlimited traffic? just like B2 with cloudflare?

• @EthanZou said:

@vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:
    Thanks.

No, they have a weird policy with the egrees, there are some limits I think so please check

• @vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:

@vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:
    Thanks.

No, they have a weird policy with the egrees, there are some limits I think so please check

Thanks a lot!
    In my case, which billing method would be appropriate? By traffic or by api?
    Mainly small files, less than 15M.

• @vitobotta said:

You get as much free egress as you have data stored.
    So if you have 1TB, you get 1TB free egress.

Thanked by 1ElonBezos
  • @EthanZou said:

@vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:

@vitobotta said:

@EthanZou said:
    Thanks.

Thanks a lot!
    In my case, which billing method would be appropriate? By traffic or by api?
    Mainly small files, less than 15M.

Always put your bucket behind Cloudflare or other CDN so you don't have to worry about the egress limits

• @vitobotta said:
    Always put your bucket behind Cloudflare or other CDN so you don't have to worry about the egress limits

Thanks for your guide! <3