Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Provider that allows custom ISO, no verification, and has good uptime?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Provider that allows custom ISO, no verification, and has good uptime?

At first things with Racknerd seemed great after my previous thread, but recently the network speeds went downhill.

Can anyone recommend me a quality VPS (KVM or Xen) that allows custom ISO, no credit card or ID verification (DigitalOcean, Vultr, all require it), and has good uptime?

My main provider for a while was Virmach, but they'd always either restart my VM or the node without warning; do not want that. I use encrypted LVM + LUKS with dropbear, if my VPS is rebooted it will not work until I ssh and unlock it, very annoying if the provider restarts often without warning.

The provider needs to accept payment with crypto, the provider can block all the mail ports for all I care to prevent spam, I just need a VPS as a VPN to assist me in avoiding issues with foreign governments.

My job will send me to the Middle East soon, I do not trust American companies that ID me, the fear of them selling me out is high. It might be paranoia, but still.

RackNerd VPS:

Speedtest:

$ speedtest

Speedtest by Ookla

[error] Error: [101] Network unreachable
      Server: Wilson Communications - Wilson, KS (id: 13965)
         ISP: ColoCrossing
Idle Latency:    78.84 ms   (jitter: 0.33ms, low: 78.74ms, high: 79.34ms)
    Download:     1.11 Mbps [=================\  ] 87%   - latency: 424.68 ms    

Bench.sh:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Node Name        Upload Speed      Download Speed      Latency     

Speedtest.net    154.54 Mbps       0.99 Mbps           76.49 ms    
 Los Angeles, US  48.33 Mbps        0.88 Mbps           117.28 ms   
 Dallas, US       102.20 Mbps       1.51 Mbps           85.56 ms    
 Montreal, CA     42.15 Mbps        1.87 Mbps           62.84 ms    
 Amsterdam, NL    119.80 Mbps       1.07 Mbps           131.48 ms   
 Shanghai, CN     62.43 Mbps        0.72 Mbps           306.37 ms   
 Nanjing, CN      72.00 Mbps        0.80 Mbps           256.02 ms   
 Guangzhou, CN    17.28 Mbps        0.34 Mbps           268.97 ms   
 Hongkong, CN     4.86 Mbps         42.95 Mbps          333.65 ms   
 Seoul, KR        45.25 Mbps        0.55 Mbps           263.89 ms   
 Singapore, SG    48.74 Mbps        0.43 Mbps           320.15 ms   
 Tokyo, JP        51.41 Mbps        0.86 Mbps           217.17 ms   
 Finished in        : 7 min 12 sec
 Timestamp          : 2022-12-10 03:07:18 UTC

Comments

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited December 2022

BuyVM, pay with crypto = no verification (Canadian company)
    Incognet @MannDude (forgot you do not want any US company, but they require no info)

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2022

@jahrinc said:
    Incognet @MannDude (forgot you do not want any US company, but they require no info)

Thanks. No PII required here, we only request an email address when you register which many choose to use forwarding services for. We don't ask for a name, number, address, or anything like that.

There is no requirement for us to request all of this information and because I don't really want to send you a Christmas card in the mail or call you to sing happy birthday, it's information we quite frankly don't want to collect.

Thanked by 1archbeard
  • @MannDude said:

@jahrinc said:

Thanks. No PII required here, we only request an email address when you register. We don't ask for a name, number, address, or anything like that.

There is no requirement for any company or service provider to request all of this information and because I don't really want to send you a Christmas card or call you to sing happy birthday, it's information we quite frankly don't want to collect.

I'll order from your company, thank you for being reasonable and not collecting PII.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@archbeard said:

@MannDude said:

@jahrinc said:

Thanks. No PII required here, we only request an email address when you register. We don't ask for a name, number, address, or anything like that.

There is no requirement for any company or service provider to request all of this information and because I don't really want to send you a Christmas card or call you to sing happy birthday, it's information we quite frankly don't want to collect.

I'll order from your company, thank you for being reasonable and not collecting PII.

Quoted me before my ninja edit. :)

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Hey, archbeard!
    We suggest you try our VPS, with a location in the Netherlands, custom ISO, 99,9% uptime:
    https://vsys.host/vps-netherlands
    We take the privacy of our customers very seriously! Our registration does not require any personal data: only a password and email. We also do not require any data when placing an order and we accept payments in crypto!