Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Large Archive File storage services needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Large Archive File storage services needed

Hi, I have a big library of ISO images (like Windows, Linux's ancient version, as well as some blu-ray discs and music CDs totally legit, I bought them all and ripped them)
The size is around 1-2 TB, and I need a place to save them all.
I want to find a service that is targeting AWS S3 (Deep) Glacier (Instant Retrieval), I need PayPal payment!!(and that's why I don't use AWS)
An object storage would be great, the requests fee won't be extremely high since they are all big as dick ISO files.
I also won't access them very often, probably once a year or even longer.
Budget is about 1.5$/TB/month, so targeting AWS S3 Glacier

Comments

  • Is Glacier that cheap?

    I think idrive S3 for $4 for first year and like $40/year after for 1TB is the best deal I'm aware of.

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @FrankRuan said:
    big as dick

    Size?

    @FrankRuan said:
    Deep Glacier

    Deep Atlantic Storage, we guarantee it's deep as requested.

  • FrankRuanFrankRuan Member
    edited December 2022

    @yoursunny said:

    @FrankRuan said:
    big as dick

    Size?

    @FrankRuan said:
    Deep Glacier

    Deep Atlantic Storage, we guarantee it's deep as requested.

    About 100-200 GB per file and I have dozens of them.
    Good joke btw

    @TimboJones said:
    Is Glacier that cheap?

    I think idrive S3 for $4 for first year and like $40/year after for 1TB is the best deal I'm aware of.

    Since I'm doing archiving, I don't think I need to use the standard tier, but unfortunately that's the only option.

  • rsync_dot_netrsync_dot_net Member, Host Rep

    Email us. [email protected] We'll give you the LET discount and you'll have a decent annual price for ~2 TB and it will be fully online / random access ...

    ... and it will be protected from malware/ransomware since you'll have 7 daily immutable snapshots.

  • @rsync_dot_net said:
    Email us. [email protected] We'll give you the LET discount and you'll have a decent annual price for ~2 TB and it will be fully online / random access ...

    ... and it will be protected from malware/ransomware since you'll have 7 daily immutable snapshots.

    Email Sent!

  • @yoursunny said:

    @FrankRuan said:
    big as dick

    Size?

    @FrankRuan said:
    Deep Glacier

    Deep Atlantic Storage, we guarantee it's deep as requested.

    I have to admit, I'm impressed by the level of effort in your dedication to trolling.

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
Sign In or Register to comment.