Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any way to run 2 different openvpn client configs on Windows Desktop 1 and Desktop 2?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any way to run 2 different openvpn client configs on Windows Desktop 1 and Desktop 2?

Looking for a guru to help me find a way to:

Run openvpn client config A on Desktop 1 & openvpn client Config B on Desktop 2, each config with different settings/ip.

also other scenarios like running openvpn on Desktop 1 but no vpn on Desktop 2

This would really help me save tonnes of time. I have done this using virtual machines but thats a major overkill. I want to do it on native windows environment .

Any solution on windows 10 or 11 is welcome, thanks.

Comments

• What is the use case
    I find proxys more flexable than vpns

Thanked by 1raza19
  • i have to use different vpn for different accounts. one vpn is based in Singapore , the other in New York. like right now i am developing code for a US based setup while I have to constantly change vpn to see if anything is needed on the singapore side. I also like to listen to music on youtube while I work & its just pointless to have the youtube traffic run over the vpn, extra latency is no fun. I wud preferrably have 3 desktops open at a single time, one where all traffic is routed through the US vpn, the other where it is routed through Singapore and then one where its not using any vpn at all for stuff like youtube.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited December 2022

Run multiple instances of OpenVPN each with a custom route directive so only VPN stuff goes through each one, no?

Thanked by 1raza19
  • @jmgcaguicla said:
    Run multiple instances of OpenVPN each with a custom route directive so only VPN stuff goes through each one, no?

don't know really a lot about networking. Gonna look into this. But from wt i understand, this will restrict traffic across a certain ip range or domain to a vpn , right ? and not like restrict it as per Desktop 1 or 2?

• run desktop 2 in virtualbox maybe that would work?

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@nocloud said:
    run desktop 2 in virtualbox maybe that would work?

just thought to mentioned that.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

If your app / dev environment can work over proxy then use simple socks proxy and you and use multiple locations at once for testing while your main browser or stuff is directly connected to internet.