Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advice needed on VPN relay...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

advice needed on VPN relay...

So i have a VPN with a DMCA ignored VPS provider that I use for torrents and geolocation, recently its been only working for a few mins a day then all packets are blocked.

Im connecting directly to OpenVPN or wireguard servers installed on Ubuntu and have the same issue no matter what VPN type i use. I have double checked UFW and whitelisted my IP in the VPS but still the same issue . fail2ban is not installed. Running YABS on the VPS shows some small issues on network speed, but noting that would cause 100% packet loss,

After some further digging, I found that my traceroutes from the VPS to my local IP address appear to be blocked by my ISP. Pings to my IP show 95-100% packet loss. I reinstalled and remade VPN profiles, but still the same issue.

Basically I don't want to raise the issue with the VPS provider because I don't think it's anything they can help with. But because im paid up for a full year, I want to continue using this VPS.

I was thinking of using another non- DMCA VPS (VPS-B) that connects to VPS-A via wireguard. then another tunnel from VPS-B to my local machine.

Just worried of the implications of doing this, as VPS-B is not DMCA ignored and will ban me, although it would not be used for anything else. Would the provider of VPS-B even give a shit if it's not their IP exposed?

I would run a torrent program directly on VPS-A directly but the disk is tiny. Or does anyone have any other ideas?