Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Any recent experiences with Stripe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Any recent experiences with Stripe?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited December 2022 in General

Currently working on a Woocommerce store for a client and when it comes to choosing a payment gateaway/processor, there are various options, where the most prominent ones appear to be Stripe or PayPal Payments. Now, I have heard so-so things about Stripe. Any recent experiences?

«1

Comments

  • imo Stripe is the most reasonable processor out there currently, and charges a competitive amount to the seller unlike the other options I see on that page.

    Thanked by 2Ympker sayem314
  • PHP_FriendsPHP_Friends Member, Patron Provider

    Stripe is not bad, we have been using it for years without a single problem. Support (especially when it gets a little more complicated) but actually relatively slow.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @PHP_Friends said:
    Stripe is not bad, we have been using it for years without a single problem. Support (especially when it gets a little more complicated) but actually relatively slow.

    Thanks for the feedback (especially since you are a fellow german) :)

  • oplinkoplink Member, Host Rep

    We use stripe.. Switched from paypal.. We have been very happy w/ them.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

    stripe is a good product but support is not good ( one block rule is not working for me and support is unable to solve this issue still now )

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Happy with Stripe overall as well, especially since PayPal started taking more dumb decisions lately.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • We use both. Both have good and bad sides.
    Which country is your client registered?

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @croweb_host said:
    We use both. Both have good and bad sides.
    Which country is your client registered?

    Germany

  • Stripe is awesome, but I have heard often (on Reddit especially) about accounts closed without any explanation from them.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I did several Stripe integrations for clients lately (not WordPress), it's always a pleasure to work with their API (compared to Paypal API). Clients (and customers) appreciate the variety of payment methods, particularly the local ones (SEPA direct debit for German customers, you know what I mean ;-).

    FWIW, never had a client complain about Stripe.

    Thanked by 2Ympker sayem314
  • @Ympker said: Germany

    For Germany Stripe. Definitely.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

    @croweb_host said:
    We use both. Both have good and bad sides.
    Which country is your client registered?

    Germany

    Another good option for Europe is https://www.paytrail.com/en/.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @vitobotta said:
    Stripe is awesome, but I have heard often (on Reddit especially) about accounts closed without any explanation from them.

    @croweb_host said:

    @Ympker said: Germany

    For Germany Stripe. Definitely.

    @dynweb said:
    I did several Stripe integrations for clients lately (not WordPress), it's always a pleasure to work with their API (compared to Paypal API). Clients (and customers) appreciate the variety of payment methods, particularly the local ones (SEPA direct debit for German customers, you know what I mean ;-).

    FWIW, never had a client complain about Stripe.

    Thanks for the feedabck guys!

  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

    Stripe is great, never had any issues with them.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Host Rep

    Paymill used to be Stripe alternative in EU, almost the same feature wise.

    Stripe is great as does support almost all payment options except PayPal, PayPal is very greedy nowadays.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Depends on the business. Stripe doesn’t like the hosting business.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @SirFoxy said: Stripe doesn’t like the hosting business.

    It's not true.

  • I have used Stripe for over 6 years and PayPal for 13 years. Never encountered any issues with either. PayPal is significantly less customizable compared to Stripe in my experience.

    Thanked by 2Ympker sayem314
  • @jonathan said:
    I have used Stripe for over 6 years and PayPal for 13 years. Never encountered any issues with either. PayPal is significantly less customizable compared to Stripe in my experience.

    Have you actually processed volume?

  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

    @WebProject said:
    Paymill used to be Stripe alternative in EU, almost the same feature wise.

    Stripe is great as does support almost all payment options except PayPal, PayPal is very greedy nowadays.

    Stripe is currently testing a PayPal integration in a private beta :)

  • @v3ng said:

    @WebProject said:
    Paymill used to be Stripe alternative in EU, almost the same feature wise.

    Stripe is great as does support almost all payment options except PayPal, PayPal is very greedy nowadays.

    Stripe is currently testing a PayPal integration in a private beta :)

    Let's see if it becomes a Zebra or... ;)

  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

    @v3ng said:

    @WebProject said:
    Paymill used to be Stripe alternative in EU, almost the same feature wise.

    Stripe is great as does support almost all payment options except PayPal, PayPal is very greedy nowadays.

    Stripe is currently testing a PayPal integration in a private beta :)

    Do you know if they will require you to have a own paypal or accept paypal via their own like 2checkout back in the old days?

  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

    I'm not sure, but I guess they'd process it via their account

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • In most countries, Stripe directly links to your bank account and the payouts are direct & fast and it offers great currency conversion iirc, unlike PayPal

    Thanked by 2Ympker sayem314
  • CiprianoOscarCiprianoOscar Member, Host Rep

    @Ympker said:
    Currently working on a Woocommerce store for a client and when it comes to choosing a payment gateaway/processor, there are various options, where the most prominent ones appear to be Stripe or PayPal Payments. Now, I have heard so-so things about Stripe. Any recent experiences?

    If I may give you my opinion, stay away from SEPA Bank Account payments, you will hurt yourself a lot if you have malicious customers. (PERSONAL EXPERIENCE). Regarding credit card payments, it is literally perfect and with low fees

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @opiq said:
    In most countries, Stripe directly links to your bank account and the payouts are direct & fast and it offers great currency conversion iirc, unlike PayPal

    That sounds rather smooth.

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Host Rep

    @v3ng said:

    @WebProject said:
    Paymill used to be Stripe alternative in EU, almost the same feature wise.

    Stripe is great as does support almost all payment options except PayPal, PayPal is very greedy nowadays.

    Stripe is currently testing a PayPal integration in a private beta :)

    No thanks as PayPal is charging more and don’t give a monkey about the merchants, charge £25 per month + transaction fees for PayPal Pro - worst service than Stripe or any others merchant services

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

    @HostSlick said:

    @v3ng said:

    @WebProject said:
    Paymill used to be Stripe alternative in EU, almost the same feature wise.

    Stripe is great as does support almost all payment options except PayPal, PayPal is very greedy nowadays.

    Stripe is currently testing a PayPal integration in a private beta :)

    Do you know if they will require you to have a own paypal or accept paypal via their own like 2checkout back in the old days?

    Omg, 2checkout were terrible - first response acceptable order, next couple hours order is marked as fraudulent! We had corporate project in past and 2checkout denied payment and marked as fraudulent.

  • @SirFoxy said:
    Depends on the business. Stripe doesn’t like the hosting business.

    @SirFoxy said:

    @jonathan said:
    I have used Stripe for over 6 years and PayPal for 13 years. Never encountered any issues with either. PayPal is significantly less customizable compared to Stripe in my experience.

    Have you actually processed volume?

    From your two comments it sounds like you have not had a good experience with Stripe. Would you care to elaborate? Stripe processes a decent portion of my company's revenue and our experiences seem very different.

  • I don’t process a lot of bulk with stripe but always worked for me getting paid from the couple clients I have!

    Thanked by 1Ympker
Sign In or Register to comment.