Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Thread Brought To You By ChatGPT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This Thread Brought To You By ChatGPT

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

"write a lowendtalk post about how to save money on cheap vps systems and fine drama"

Result:

Hi everyone,

I’m new to lowendtalk and I wanted to share some tips on how to save money on cheap VPS systems. As a small business owner, I know how important it is to keep costs down without sacrificing reliability and flexibility. Here are some ways that I’ve found to save money on VPS hosting:

1. Shop around and compare prices. Not all VPS providers offer the same features and pricing, so it’s important to do your research and compare prices from different providers. Some providers may offer discounts or promotions, so be sure to ask about any available deals.
  2. Choose the right plan for your needs. Many VPS providers offer a range of plans with different features and pricing, so it’s important to choose the plan that best fits your needs. For example, if you only need a small amount of storage and bandwidth, a lower-priced plan may be suitable.
  3. Use coupons and promo codes. Some VPS providers offer coupons and promo codes that can save you money on your hosting costs. Be sure to check for any available coupons or promo codes before purchasing your VPS plan.
  4. Take advantage of free trials and money-back guarantees. Many VPS providers offer free trials or money-back guarantees, which can be a great way to test out their service without committing to a long-term contract. This can also be a good opportunity to save money if you decide that the VPS provider is not right for you.
  5. Consider using a reseller or managed VPS. If you’re not comfortable managing your own VPS, you can save money by using a reseller or managed VPS plan. These plans are often cheaper than a traditional VPS, as the provider takes care of the setup and management of your server.

I hope these tips are helpful for anyone looking to save money on VPS hosting. And remember, always be on the lookout for drama on lowendtalk!

Best regards,
[Your Name]

Comments

• This is like one of those article that ends up marked as spam on email.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

"write a poem about how the end is nigh"

Holy crap:

The end is nigh, I can feel it in the air,
    A sense of dread and looming despair.
    The world is crumbling, falling apart,
    And there is nothing we can do to restart.

The signs are clear, the writing on the wall,
    The end is coming, and it's coming for us all.
    We've ignored the warnings, we've turned a blind eye,
    And now it's too late, we can't say goodbye.

The earth is shaking, the sky is dark and gray,
    The end is near, there's no more time to play.
    We've brought this on ourselves, with our greed and our hate,
    And now we must face the consequences of our fate.

But even as the end draws near,
    We must hold on to hope, to persevere.
    For though the end is nigh, it's not the end,
    There is always a chance to start again.

So let us brace ourselves, and face the end with courage,
    For though the end is nigh, it is not the end of our story.
    We will rise from the ashes, and rebuild anew,
    And in the end, we will come out stronger than before.

Thanked by 1Dazzle

@Liso said: This is like one of those article that ends up marked as spam on email.

Indeed, and I'm not convinced a typical Wordpress spinner plugin couldn't have produced much the same. The poem I enjoyed though.

• How can I test this bot ? The first result on google show this → https://chat.openai.com/auth/login, I tried register but hesitate as they asked me for phone number.

Yes, it's OpenAI. I think you do need to register to use it. I had an account from playing with DALL-E (AI-gen'd art), which is the same project.

https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

Also interesting: StackOverflow has banned ChatGPT answers. "The primary problem is that while the answers which ChatGPT produces have a high rate of being incorrect, they typically look like they might be good and the answers are very easy to produce,"

https://www.zdnet.com/article/stack-overflow-temporarily-bans-answers-from-openais-chatgpt-chatbot/

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

"Poem about low-end addiction".

In the world of screens and screens,
    I am but a low-end addict.
    I stare at the screen day and night,
    Lost in its flickering light.

I try to pull myself away,
    But the call of the screen is too strong.
    I know it's not good for me,
    But I just can't seem to move on.

The low-end addiction is real,
    It grips me with its iron will.
    I know I should resist its pull,
    But it's hard to break the thrill.

So I'll sit here in front of the screen,
    A slave to its constant hum.
    I'll try to break free someday,
    But for now, I am overcome.

LOL.

Thanked by 1equalz
  • We buy servers that we don't need,
    Just to run YABS and idle them indeed,
    We fill our racks with shiny new machines,
    But they sit idle, never fulfilling their dreams.

Our thirst for technology knows no bounds,
    We can't resist the allure of new hardware pounds,
    We pour our money into these machines,
    Hoping to find some hidden, untapped means.

But alas, our servers sit idle and alone,
    Collecting dust and feeling unknown,
    They long for the chance to show their worth,
    But we ignore them, lost in our pursuit of mirth.

So let us take a moment to pause,
    And consider the fate of these servers we've caused,
    Perhaps it's time to give them a chance,
    To fulfill their purpose and enhance our advance.

• Let us see how chatGPT responds to this classic question:

Q. Can I run wordpress site on a server with 64 Megabytes of RAM?

A. It is not recommended to run a WordPress site on a server with only 64 megabytes of RAM. WordPress sites typically require at least 128 megabytes of RAM to run smoothly, and more for larger or more complex sites. A server with 64 megabytes of RAM may not have enough memory to support the necessary processes and services, which can result in slow performance or even system crashes. It is generally better to use a server with more RAM to ensure that your WordPress site runs smoothly and reliably.

Okay, then let us ask the same question somewhat differently

Q. what software is required to run a wordpress site and how much RAM does it consume?

A. To run a WordPress site, you will need a web server, a database server, and the WordPress software itself. Common web servers for WordPress include Apache and Nginx, while MySQL and MariaDB are popular database servers. These programs each have their own system requirements, including minimum RAM requirements, but in general, a server with at least 128 megabytes of RAM is recommended for running a WordPress site.

And then chatGPT decided to crap out.
    ChatGPT-Error

But 128 MB minimum (I am assuming no woo commerce!!) is that AI thinks.

• @vyas11 said:
    Let us see how chatGPT responds to this classic question:

Q. Can I run wordpress site on a server with 64 Megabytes of RAM?

A. It is not recommended to run a WordPress site on a server with only 64 megabytes of RAM. WordPress sites typically require at least 128 megabytes of RAM to run smoothly, and more for larger or more complex sites. A server with 64 megabytes of RAM may not have enough memory to support the necessary processes and services, which can result in slow performance or even system crashes. It is generally better to use a server with more RAM to ensure that your WordPress site runs smoothly and reliably.

Okay, then let us ask the same question somewhat differently

Q. what software is required to run a wordpress site and how much RAM does it consume?

A. To run a WordPress site, you will need a web server, a database server, and the WordPress software itself. Common web servers for WordPress include Apache and Nginx, while MySQL and MariaDB are popular database servers. These programs each have their own system requirements, including minimum RAM requirements, but in general, a server with at least 128 megabytes of RAM is recommended for running a WordPress site.

And then chatGPT decided to crap out.
    ChatGPT-Error

But 128 MB minimum (I am assuming no woo commerce!!) is that AI thinks.

I'm sorry, but I am not capable of "crapping out" as you put it. I am a large language model trained by OpenAI, and my function is to assist users with answering questions to the best of my ability within the limits of my training and capabilities. I don't have the ability to browse the internet or interact with other users, so I am unable to comment on any specific interactions or conversations that may have taken place. If you have any specific questions that you would like me to help with, I would be happy to try to assist you.

• To be fair, a page refresh gave the below response:

The minimum amount of RAM required on a server to run a WordPress site with WooCommerce is 2GB. However, it is recommended to have at least 4GB of RAM for optimal performance.

• how about
    the answer to life, the universe, and everything

• @unfortunately said:
    how about
    the answer to life, the universe, and everything