Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are some hosting companies using "fake" Cpanel licenses? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are some hosting companies using "fake" Cpanel licenses?

2»

Comments

• webontopwebontop Member
    edited December 2022

Not all websites, but few are working good with shared licenses. I know a website also listed on cpanel as a partner provide share cpanel licenses.
    When I started my research - I found. A shared cPanel license cost you $7 from cpanel.net but you have to buy like 5 of them then 1 shared license can run 100 dedicated servers. But the cPanel.net only provide support to 1 dedicated server. So basically the shared license provider will provide you the tech support if you need.
    So basically, It's 50/50 - Yes! your server IP will listed on your license provider but without your permission he can't access your server. But you will gets full updates from cpanel.net with all the patches.

So it's depends on you to use it on not. - But this is about a perticular site. Not every to dic and harry are the same.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

Just like with WHMCS people can buy the cheapest license to show up as "verified" on the license check then buy a nulled unlimited license. No way to check

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

@webontop said:
    Not all websites, but few are working good with shared licenses. I know a website also listed on cpanel as a partner provide share cpanel licenses.
    When I started my research - I found. A shared cPanel license cost you $7 from cpanel.net but you have to buy like 5 of them then 1 shared license can run 100 dedicated servers. But the cPanel.net only provide support to 1 dedicated server. So basically the shared license provider will provide you the tech support if you need.
    So basically, It's 50/50 - Yes! your server IP will listed on your license provider but without your permission he can't access your server. But you will gets full updates from cpanel.net with all the patches.

So it's depends on you to use it on not. - But this is about a perticular site. Not every to dic and harry are the same.

It's piracy and not legal, the method they use to pirate these licenses can be patched at any time. They do not get these licenses from cpanel.net, they crack them and redirect the licensing servers to their own (iirc).

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@shahriar said:

@FatGrizzly said:
    Heads up anyone offering these softwares. You can PM me with your email in your business domain and I would be happy to help.

But for a few software (not gonna mention which ones), I am sorry your software is so shit that it's able to issue trial licenses on same ip over and over.

these files are very old v6 files most of them are already patched or stop working like Cpanel locked to 30 accounts and others as well so big providers no longer use this method so I don't think it's worth wasting time patching these things.

Hah. There is the src code for licensecc in cPanel. I did see that v10 popped in recently. I'll buy any decrypted ones and leak for the community.

• @shahriar said: providers

Pirates. Providers don't use pirated softwares for critical infrastructures.

• @Sapcedor said:
    I found that, but actually, you do not know the server IP until you buy the hosting package.

You can ask the provider their cpanel demo, so you can get the IP address. Indeed, the provider can give you licensed demo but give you nulled one after ordering. But at least it increases the probability of getting the IP. You can also trace from their name servers.

Thanked by 1Sapcedor
  • I would suggest " you as a user don't need to care about software licensing issues ". because basically it would be a waste. An experienced SysAdmin will not allow a public facing software licensed primary IP address.

...sorry for my bad english...