Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EUServ VS2-free now 2.4 EUR?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EUServ VS2-free now 2.4 EUR?

I've had EUServ's free (IPv6 only) VPS since the beginning and manually extended each month: https://www.euserv.com/en/virtual-private-server/root-vserver/v2/vs2-free.php

Now all of the sudden, there is an extension charge of 2.4 EUR when I want to extend in the customer panel.

Did anyone experience the same?
I searched the announcements and FAQ but was not able to find about any change.

Can the VPS not be extended for free any more?

Comments

• Setup fee.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2022

VS2-FREE hair pulling slow in terms of disk performance.
    I cancelled it a year ago, to reclaim box2 hostname.

• divdiv Member
    edited December 2022

@ascicode said: Setup fee.

What do you mean by this?

That 2.4 EUR is the setup fee?
    Why does this show up all of a sudden?

• @yoursunny said: VS2-FREE hair pulling slow in terms of disk performance.

Yeah can be but I'm just using it as a simple shell for debugging

• edited December 2022

@div said:

The setup fee has been there for awhile. It wasn't there at launch, but it was implemented to stop abuse persumably.

Edit: nvm I misread the OP. this is for renewal. Maybe send them a ticket.

• @div said:

@ascicode said: Setup fee.

They could issue a monthly setup fee, as a renewal base, but i dont know, if thats the outcoming of a price hike.

• I've experienced this as well. I was considering pay the "one-time" fee, but I have a feeling that it may end up coming back again. And for the terrible performance of the VPS (nearly unusable in many cases), I was willing to put up with it for the no-cost conditions when I initially signed up and hardly used it since.

I highly doubt this new fee will only be applied once, and at this point if I'm going to end up paying for it, I might as well pay for better services elsewhere that give me an actual usable VPS.

Thanked by 1verdinho
  • @Pwner said: I highly doubt this new fee will only be applied once

I share the same, agreed with you 100%

• The 2.40 EUR are yust a one time fee for servers that not have already payed a setup fee.

• I believe it’s one time. Though set up fee is weird, they charge you for the setup that happened years ago.