Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Load Balancer - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Load Balancer

2»

Comments

• @quanhua92 said: Look like it is not possible to have session affinity with Bunny DNS.

Ah! I was under the impression Cloudflare Load Balancer is a DNS based solution. It's not.

I have tested one site with BunnyDNS + 2 HAPROXY VPS + 3 Cluster VPS. All looks good with session affinity for the woo users. Idea is Bunny will auto assign to the nearest HAProxy node to the visitor and from there HAProxy will assign the visitor to the nearest WP node.

I have around 2 million requests per month combined of all sites looking at the CF Dashboard. BunnyDNS will suffice for it.

Thanks @quanhua92 and @pbx for all the help!

Thanked by 3pbx quanhua92 gabydup
  • @Merakith said: Bunny will auto assign to the nearest HAProxy node

Try to turn off the HAProxy server intentionally to see how it works. Make sure that you have the BunnyDNS script to fail over to the second haproxy

Thanked by 2pbx gabydup
  • @Merakith said:

Ah! I was under the impression Cloudflare Load Balancer is a DNS based solution. It's not.

Is it a CDN based solution then?

I have tested one site with BunnyDNS + 2 HAPROXY VPS + 3 Cluster VPS. All looks good with session affinity for the woo users. Idea is Bunny will auto assign to the nearest HAProxy node to the visitor and from there HAProxy will assign the visitor to the nearest WP node.

I have around 2 million requests per month combined of all sites looking at the CF Dashboard. BunnyDNS will suffice for it.

Are you still using CF's CDN with the CNAME trick with this setup?

• @gabydup said: Is it a CDN based solution then?

It's a proper reverse proxy based solution.

@gabydup said: Are you still using CF's CDN with the CNAME trick with this setup?

No. But I am considering as I am missing the WAF from Cloudflare. It's very effective if rightly configured. I have those WAF rules at HAProxy Instances also but I feel these lightweight VPSes for HaProxy won't be able to protect against a major ddos attack unlike the Cloudflare DDos Protection + WAF. Bunny is working on a WAF as we speak but not sure how long it will take.

I'll be playing around a bit with this CNAME trick suggested in the thread.

Thanked by 1gabydup
  • Update: I have removed the HAProxy Instances as they were increasing the latency and adding more complexity. I realize I don't need sticky sessions as I can also get it via DNS load balancing if I am only keeping one server for each region. Sticky session was sending a particular user to the same location anyways.

Now I am testing between DNS providers who provide Geo Balancing - ClouDNS, NS1, BunnyDNS, Route53. I need only one domain due to @quanhua92 infamous cname trick. :) I also tried https://perfops.net/flexbalancer which is kind of same and works well but out of budget.

Thanked by 1quanhua92