Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interconnecx Review (colo)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interconnecx Review (colo)

I recently decided to purchase my own hardware to save on the ever increasing monthly hosting expenses I had. I figured if I owned my own hardware then the cost of colocation would not only be cheaper in the long run but price increases would also be minimal as energy costs rise.

I was eyeing a Dual 2680 v2 (10 cores, 20 total) from eBay for $280 shipped. Featured 128gb ram and 2x 1tb drives in a Dell R620 chassis. I messaged Interconnecx and inquired what I would need before I place the order. Their team quickly responded and stated rails were the most important aspect and gave me options to borrow rails for a one time $50 charge or I could buy them sperate and have them shipped along with the server to their data center.

I bought everything and sent tracking numbers and as soon as the last package was delivered they setup the server same day.

Being a total noob to owning my own hardware I expected I would run into speed bumps and pay for admin time. Previous to this I used OVH machines and their panel to perform all necessary tasks. Interconnecx has been beyond helpful in helping point me in the right direction. They pointed me in the direction of acquiring an iDRAC license and got it setup so I could control my server from their network securely. My server was even having issues turning off randomly and they performed some basic troubleshooting in an attempt to locate the issue (Hasn't happened since OS reinstall). All of this was provided to me free of charge. I even asked what it would cost for them to put new hard drives in should I order them and they stated as long as I ordered the caddie to go along with it they wouldn't charge me to throw them in.

In regards to performance I don't have any issues. For $50/m I'm getting unmetered 1gbps in Kansas City and my ip block is clean from blacklists. Super happy with the customer service they have provided.

Comments

• @deadpool said:

In regards to performance I don't have any issues. For $50/m I'm getting unmetered 1gbps in Kansas City and my ip block is clean from blacklists. Super happy with the customer service they have provided.

This reminds me of DediSpec, they said they can’t go lower than $49 for a dedicated server rental with 1g unmetered at KC. seems legit.

• I'm thinking about building a 1U ryzen server to colocate with them, how has your experience been with their network? Does it peer well, etc?

• @davidw1101 said:
    I'm thinking about building a 1U ryzen server to colocate with them, how has your experience been with their network? Does it peer well, etc?

I'm probably not the greatest to answer that as my server is primarily a web hosting server for US based clients who serve US based customers. I haven't had any complaints moving from OVH BHS to INCX. Ultimately they use NOCIX which from their site list several peering partners. Running YABS periodically there's very little latency or drop in speeds to different regions provided in the benchmark.

Thanked by 1davidw1101
  • Interconnectx url ?

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

This is fairly positive review and congratulations for your first successful colo, definitely you are going to have lot more soon.

• @jason5545 said:
    This reminds me of DediSpec, they said they can’t go lower than $49 for a dedicated server rental with 1g unmetered at KC. seems legit.

DediSpec charge everything for on-hand services.

• edited December 2022

How much power consumption?

• Well in KC there's Nocix 42U 2400W cabinet with 12 gigabit lines for $400/month. That's 3-4U 200W per gigabit line for $33.33 a month. Granted I don't know about the network transfer amount and Aaron at WSI never responds....

INCX also has a Michigan colo for the same price so I wonder what they're using there to keep the cost comparable.

• Are their ipv6 subs reachable from Cognet?

• edited December 2022

Much much power consumption?> @davidw1101 said:

Well in KC there's Nocix 42U 2400W cabinet with 12 gigabit lines for $400/month. That's 3-4U 200W per gigabit line for $33.33 a month. Granted I don't know about the network transfer amount and Aaron at WSI never responds....

INCX also has a Michigan colo for the same price so I wonder what they're using there to keep the cost comparable.

Where ls that deal available ? Last I read is he likes volume not per u etc
    You meant 10g or 1g?

• davidw1101davidw1101 Member
    edited December 2022

@inthecloudblog said:
    Much much power consumption?> @davidw1101 said:

Well in KC there's Nocix 42U 2400W cabinet with 12 gigabit lines for $400/month. That's 3-4U 200W per gigabit line for $33.33 a month. Granted I don't know about the network transfer amount and Aaron at WSI never responds....

Where ls that deal available ? Last I read is he likes volume not per u etc
    You meant 10g or 1g?

https://www.nocix.net/colocation/

You have to rent an entire cabinet though, but I was just calculating the generic lower bound cost for a colocation in KC (with a dedicated 1g line).

• Please let us know if you have any questions. We sell space from from single server colo to full cabinets. We can sell space for multi server like 5u, 10u, 20u etc where it might be less than multiple single servers. We have our own network independent from NOCIX network as well. Unfortunately NOCIX is sold out on power right now so we are at a stand still until they get their expansion completed. We have open space available in Detroit MI though. We offer 1Gbps unmetered with single server colo and upgrades to 10gb (100TB) as fiber for $25 extra. We offer free remote hands for hot swaps, reboots and installs. We do charge extra if we have to open your case and do work though. We are constantly working on upgrading our network capacity and never utilize more than 40% at any time. We are on several internet exchanges in both Kansas and Detroit as well. Please let us know if anyone has any certain questions.

Please open a support ticket on our site at: https://www.incx.net

Thanks

• @INCXGlobal said:
    Please let us know if you have any questions. We sell space from from single server colo to full cabinets. We can sell space for multi server like 5u, 10u, 20u etc where it might be less than multiple single servers. We have our own network independent from NOCIX network as well. Unfortunately NOCIX is sold out on power right now so we are at a stand still until they get their expansion completed. We have open space available in Detroit MI though. We offer 1Gbps unmetered with single server colo and upgrades to 10gb (100TB) as fiber for $25 extra. We offer free remote hands for hot swaps, reboots and installs. We do charge extra if we have to open your case and do work though. We are constantly working on upgrading our network capacity and never utilize more than 40% at any time. We are on several internet exchanges in both Kansas and Detroit as well. Please let us know if anyone has any certain questions.

Thanks

Do you plan on having more than one upstream in Detroit? Just HE is sort of rough.

• HE is just our primary. We have point to point between data center locations as well and can re-route connections in case of issues. We have other carriers just not turned up due to cost and will turn up in case of issues. We also plan to add more primary connections soon just not sure which carriers yet.

• @INCXGlobal said:
    Please let us know if you have any questions. We sell space from from single server colo to full cabinets. We can sell space for multi server like 5u, 10u, 20u etc where it might be less than multiple single servers. We have our own network independent from NOCIX network as well. Unfortunately NOCIX is sold out on power right now so we are at a stand still until they get their expansion completed. We have open space available in Detroit MI though. We offer 1Gbps unmetered with single server colo and upgrades to 10gb (100TB) as fiber for $25 extra. We offer free remote hands for hot swaps, reboots and installs. We do charge extra if we have to open your case and do work though. We are constantly working on upgrading our network capacity and never utilize more than 40% at any time. We are on several internet exchanges in both Kansas and Detroit as well. Please let us know if anyone has any certain questions.

Thanks

Is there a waiting list at NOCIX? since HE in detroit is weird

• Sorry for the bump , @INCXGlobal are you accepting orders in nocix facility ?

• @inthecloudblog I'm pleased to announce we are finally accepting orders in the nocix facility.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @Interconnecx

A reminder that you need a Host Rep tag to respond to requests

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.