Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat! - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat!

Comments

• @NDTN said:

@mockingbird said:
    @NDTN -

Would you please double-check my ticket? Ticket #700419. I'm having issues with network thoroughput. I've been advised that someone is going to the datacenter to troubleshoot. Can you confirm? Thx

Yes we are working with the DC to see if it's a loose network cable or network card issue.

I am still waiting on a resolution... Please re-check my ticket, I requested a change of location as a possible alternative, because it seems that this node is simply overloaded, because I can get somewhat reasonable performance out of it at times.

It's been five days however, and the thoroughput is still pretty dismal.

=========================================================
     \            Speedtest https://bench.monster            /
     \    System info, Geekbench, I/O test and speedtest     /
     \                  v1.7.3    2023-10-27                 /
     =========================================================

Machine location: United States, Buffalo (New York)
     ISP & ORG: AS20278, Nexeon Technologies, Inc. / ColoCrossing

## USA Speedtest.net

Location                        Upload           Download         Ping
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Nearby                          91.62 Mbit/s     169.50 Mbit/s    36.998 ms
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
     USA, New York (Hivelocity)      36.65 Mbit/s     28.93 Mbit/s     14.174 ms
     USA, Boston (Comcast)           60.48 Mbit/s     70.95 Mbit/s     26.542 ms
     USA, Baltimore, MD (Comcast)    109.06 Mbit/s    52.90 Mbit/s     22.378 ms
     USA, Atlanta (Windstream)       15.97 Mbit/s     32.47 Mbit/s     33.611 ms
     USA, Miami (Comcast)            69.11 Mbit/s     44.29 Mbit/s     38.797 ms
     USA, Nashville (Comcast)        85.96 Mbit/s     105.09 Mbit/s    34.675 ms
     USA, Indianapolis (CenturyLink) 15.70 Mbit/s     26.46 Mbit/s     34.419 ms
     USA, Cleveland (CenturyLink)    65.21 Mbit/s     137.63 Mbit/s    21.796 ms
     USA, Detroit, MI (Comcast)      83.50 Mbit/s     195.06 Mbit/s    23.067 ms
     USA, Chicago (Windstream)       117.84 Mbit/s    108.95 Mbit/s    24.575 ms
     USA, St. Louis (Elite Fiber)    82.54 Mbit/s     248.83 Mbit/s    18.585 ms
     USA, Minneapolis (US Internet)  57.21 Mbit/s     112.74 Mbit/s    28.164 ms
     USA, Kansas City (UPNfiber)     191.49 Mbit/s    139.10 Mbit/s    26.167 ms
     USA, Denver (CenturyLink)       132.95 Mbit/s    707.94 Mbit/s    42.411 ms
     USA, Albuquerque (Plateau Tel)  80.58 Mbit/s     44.06 Mbit/s     46.573 ms
     USA, Phoenix (PhoenixNAP)       147.41 Mbit/s    26.78 Mbit/s     56.980 ms
     USA, Salt Lake City (Comcast)   115.10 Mbit/s    104.17 Mbit/s    47.505 ms
     USA, Seattle (Comcast)          150.18 Mbit/s    23.16 Mbit/s     67.375 ms
     USA, San Francisco (Comcast)    60.96 Mbit/s     97.81 Mbit/s     61.900 ms
     USA, Los Angeles (Windstream)   61.93 Mbit/s     27.42 Mbit/s     82.737 ms
     USA, Anchorage (Alaska Com)     30.60 Mbit/s     17.99 Mbit/s     90.218 ms
     USA, Honolulu (Hawaiian Telcom) 12.72 Mbit/s     71.44 Mbit/s    114.736 ms
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @NDTN

Well, did you find the "loose network cable" in the datacenter? It's been more than a week now, your online support person just keeps saying:

"We have sent a request to the data center and they are checking this issue, in which case can you try checking again in a few days?"

Your technician obviously went and tested it, and didn't notice the intermittent speed slowdown as I proved clearly exists above, and relegated me to the PEBKAC pile, without a thorough investigation into the issue.

I asked to be moved to a different server or plan in the ticket, even offering to downgrade my spec, that was ignored.

Now you're ignoring me completely.

Greencloud has been an utter disappointment for me.

• Greencloud has agreed to a partial refund and cancellation. That's better than nothing.

Dealing with their support felt like a Uighur having their kidneys harvested by the State. Chop, extract, discard. That's how they treated my support tickets for such an obvious problem on their end. Sub-100mbps speeds for a "10gbps" service -- laughable!

My advice to others is to avoid this company. This was a waste of time right as I was getting ready to deploy after a year of testing.

Now I need to go and look for another VPS.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@mockingbird said:
    Greencloud has agreed to a partial refund and cancellation. That's better than nothing.

Dealing with their support felt like a Uighur having their kidneys harvested by the State. Chop, extract, discard. That's how they treated my support tickets for such an obvious problem on their end. Sub-100mbps speeds for a "10gbps" service -- laughable!

My advice to others is to avoid this company. This was a waste of time right as I was getting ready to deploy after a year of testing.

If we said we are working with the DC to investigate the issue then it means that we are working on it. It seems that you are impatient and just abusing our support. The network was working fine locally but has slow speed to other regions, the DC has tried some fixes and still working on it. It’s better for you to go with other providers in this case.

Thanked by 3ehab nick_ DanSummer
  • @NDTN i wonder what you are cooking for next bfify day.

• @NDTN said:

@mockingbird said:
    Greencloud has agreed to a partial refund and cancellation. That's better than nothing.

If we said we are working with the DC to investigate the issue then it means that we are working on it. It seems that you are impatient and just abusing our support. The network was working fine locally but has slow speed to other regions, the DC has tried some fixes and still working on it. It’s better for you to go with other providers in this case.

Sir, may I please kindly have the partial refund that was offered (and which I accepted) five hours ago?

The refund sir, the refund.... Please cancel and issue the refund.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2023

@mockingbird said:

good riddance. may i suggest you join the purple party and leave the green pastures to us.

@ehab said:
    @NDTN i wonder what you are cooking for next bfify day.

We will fly to Singapore this Friday to setup our 2 new racks in DC1 and DC2, will have more EPYC deals in SG this BF + 7950x in Tokyo, JP and pre-orders in other locations.

• @NDTN said:

@ehab said:

We will fly to Singapore this Friday to setup our 2 new racks in DC1 and DC2, will have more EPYC deals in SG this BF + 7950x in Tokyo, JP and pre-orders in other locations.

And US storage ? :#

• @NDTN said:

@ehab said:

Can you share a teaser on what those SG deals might look like :p

Also always wondered what is the difference between dc1 and dc2?

• @elmorigs said:

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

The former on the right while the later on the left of the street :)

• @tuc said:

@elmorigs said:

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

:s

Was asking in terms of network quality and capacity.

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited November 2023

@elmorigs said:

@tuc said:

@elmorigs said:

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

:s

Was asking in terms of network quality and capacity.

DC1 is Datapacket and DC2 is Leaseweb. Most people prefer Datapacket's network from what I have seen.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • cyberdroidcyberdroid Member
    edited November 2023

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

Looking forward to some EPYC deals in SG this BF. Just switched from Vultr because of their high pricing, and I'm giving GreenCloud a try thanks to many positive reviews here 🤞

Also, can you share the time when those deals will go live?

• @tuc said:

@elmorigs said:

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

Why did the chicken cross the road? :lol:

Thanked by 1tuc
  • @NDTN said:

@ehab said:

I hope you got something for the EU people ready on BF. Would love to see something in Frankfurt/Ger

@cyberdroid said:

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

Looking forward to some EPYC deals in SG this BF. Just switched from Vultr because of their high pricing, and I'm giving GreenCloud a try thanks to many positive reviews here 🤞

Yes we will have EPYC deals iN SG. Deals will be live on Black Friday (November 24).

@recon88 said:

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

I hope you got something for the EU people ready on BF. Would love to see something in Frankfurt/Ger

Power price in EU is still very expensive, in both DE & NL, maybe next year we will have more offers when the power price is reduced a little bit.

Thanked by 3nick_ cyberdroid tuc
  • @NDTN said:

@cyberdroid said:

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

Yes we will have EPYC deals iN SG. Deals will be live on Black Friday (November 24).

@recon88 said:

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

Power price in EU is still very expensive, in both DE & NL, maybe next year we will have more offers when the power price is reduced a little bit.

Deals for the UK then...Yes? Yes??

• masedimasedi Member
    edited November 2023

@NDTN said:

@cyberdroid said:

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

@recon88 said:

@NDTN said:

@ehab said:

Can't wait for the BF deals, I am looking SG vps/cloud server

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2023

@NDTN said:

Just had a dinner with the GreenCloud team, they are very cool and the founder is very humble to share about his interests and experience as a provider.

This is also my first time planning a Black Friday deal in-person so stay tuned for the delicious offers that will happen in the flash sale thread! :smiley:

• @FAT32 said:

@NDTN said:

Just had a dinner with the GreenCloud team, they are very cool and the founder is very humble to share about his interests and experience as a provider.

This is also my first time planning a Black Friday deal in-person so stay tuned for the delicious offers that will happen in the flash sale thread! :smiley:

MOARRRRRRRRRR

• $10/year Deal!

• MOARRRRRRRRRR

• @FAT32 said: Just had a dinner with the GreenCloud team,

Last time someone said about meeting provider irl... it was NexusBytes.
    I hope you didn't jinx it >:)

• Hi @NDTN, it would be great if we can have an ETA for SolusVM 2.0. Any plans for beta testers?

Thanked by 1GKannan
  • GreenCloudVPS New Year/Holiday Sale 2023
    Ryzen7950xSG-2 (50 USD Annually)

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2023-11-30

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Fri Dec 29 02:53:29 PM GMT 2023

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 44 minutes
    Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 2 @ 4491.540 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 3.8 GiB
    Swap : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk : 48.2 GiB
    Distro : Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
    Kernel : 5.15.0-47-generic
    VM Type : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6 : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:

ISP : Leaseweb Singapore
    ASN : AS59253 Leaseweb Asia Pacific pte. ltd.
    Host : Leaseweb Asia Pacific pte. ltd

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda1):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 643.83 MB/s (160.9k) 1.63 GB/s (25.4k)
    Write 645.53 MB/s (161.3k) 1.63 GB/s (25.6k)
    Total 1.28 GB/s (322.3k) 3.26 GB/s (51.0k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 1.97 GB/s (3.8k) 1.97 GB/s (1.9k)
    Write 2.08 GB/s (4.0k) 2.10 GB/s (2.0k)
    Total 4.06 GB/s (7.9k) 4.07 GB/s (3.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 746 Mbits/sec 1.07 Gbits/sec 155 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) busy 1.12 Gbits/sec 158 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 1.06 Gbits/sec 1.08 Gbits/sec --
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 1.19 Gbits/sec 1.22 Gbits/sec 189 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 695 Mbits/sec 721 Mbits/sec 223 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 784 Mbits/sec 874 Mbits/sec 189 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 929 Mbits/sec 911 Mbits/sec 170 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 977 Mbits/sec 1.14 Gbits/sec 155 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) busy busy 159 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 635 Mbits/sec 686 Mbits/sec 235 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 755 Mbits/sec 911 Mbits/sec 189 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) busy 707 Mbits/sec 223 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 714 Mbits/sec 898 Mbits/sec 189 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 973 Mbits/sec 1.01 Gbits/sec 170 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 2843
    Multi Core | 5093
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/4185146

YABS completed in 14 min 13 sec

• Please stop showing me those 7950X GeekBenchmark scores, this is ruining my day /s

Thanked by 1bdl
  • Hello @NDTN,
    Any info on SolusVM 2 / OpenStack beta?

• dufudufu Member

Does anyone have an IP in the Greencloud NL location that I can use to test the network connectivity? The IP advertised on the website (46.182.111.246) has 100% packet loss and support cannot provide another IP to test unfortunately.

• @NDTN Test IPV6 NL does not work