Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dual Xeon server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dual Xeon server

I am looking for a server with the following specifications:

2xIntel Xeon processors(L5420 or better)

24GB or more of RAM

Configurable storage, 1TB HDD included

10TB or more BW @ 1Gbps

And the ability to get a /27 IPv4 subnet

My budget is $60-70.

Comments

• If you can do with a 500GB HDD and Chicago location, we can offer this.

• @fizzyjoe908 and @concerto49 only comes to my mind @ the moment

• Dual E5620 16GB Ram, 2x1TB, 10TB Xfer @ 1gbps at 109. That I can do.

Los Angeles Would need justification for IP's PM for more details if you can come up to that price.

• @qps can do that.

Thanked by 1qps
  • @fizzyjoe908 said:
    If you can do with a 500GB HDD and Chicago location, we can offer this.

I can do with the Chicago location, but not with the 500GB HDD.

@MikeIn said:
    fizzyjoe908 and concerto49 only comes to my mind @ the moment

Both CloudShards and Fliphost are out of stock atm.

FRCorey said: Dual E5620 16GB Ram, 2x1TB, 10TB Xfer @ 1gbps at 109. That I can do.

Los Angeles Would need justification for IP's PM for more details if you can come up to that price.

Sorry but thats out of my budget. Los Angeles is not a necessity, if you can do some other location for a cheaper price, let me know.

Andy said: @qps can do that.

I already have a server with them, but sadly they're out of stock.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    I already have a server with them, but sadly they're out of stock.

Submit a ticket and ask them to buy the hardware for you, they will get your server online within 1 week (usually). This is how it worked for me.

• @Andy said:
    Submit a ticket and ask them to buy the hardware for you, they will get your server online within 1 week (usually). This is how it worked for me.

I'd do that, but I need the server urgently, I can't wait for a week.

• tijatija Member
    edited December 2013

Though just a bit higher than your budget for a better config, Versaweb has following offer:

Dual L5639,
    48GB DDR3,
    1TB HDD or 120GB SSD,
    200Mbps bandwidth
    for $89 + $39 setup

http://versaweb.com/clearance-servers.php

• why not order in datashack?
    you get dual l5520 with 20 tb bandwith for $59/mo

• @tija said:
    Though just a bit higher than your budget for a better config, Versaweb has following offer:

Dual L5639,
    48GB DDR3,
    1TB HDD or 120GB SSD,
    200Mbps bandwidth
    for $89 + $39 setup

http://versaweb.com/clearance-servers.php

They don't offer a /27.

tuguhost said: why not order in datashack? you get dual l5520 with 20 tb bandwith for $59/mo

Their pricing is very good indeed, but the fact that they don't provide a /27 is why I am not ordering from them.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    Their pricing is very good indeed, but the fact that they don't provide a /27 is why I am not ordering from them.

Well you can get a /27 but you have to submit a justification and hope they get them to you quickly. I wanted a /28 and had to wait over a month for them to "have them in stock"

• @mitpatterson said:
    Well you can get a /27 but you have to submit a justification and hope they get them to you quickly. I wanted a /28 and had to wait over a month for them to "have them in stock"

Justification is no problem at all. But the fact that you had to wait for more than a month to get the IP's scares me.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    Justification is no problem at all. But the fact that you had to wait for more than a month to get the IP's scares me.

Yep, was the reason i left them. That and billing people quoted me at $12 for the /28 and then once they actually invoiced me and it was for $16/month. I raised the issue and they said it is the pricing and the lady there doesn't control the pricing(the same person i spoke with the whole time). So i paid the $12 as agreed and told them to fix their mistake. They marked the invoice as paid but she noted that next month it would be $16. That made me leave them.

TL:DR If you need IP's they will eventually get them to you, at a price to be determined at the time they invoice you even though there was no mention of the $16 ANYWHERE until the invoice.

• mitpatterson said: Yep, was the reason i left them. That and billing people quoted me at $12 for the /28 and then once they actually invoiced me and it was for $16/month. I raised the issue and they said it is the pricing and the lady there doesn't control the pricing(the same person i spoke with the whole time). So i paid the $12 as agreed and told them to fix their mistake. They marked the invoice as paid but she noted that next month it would be $16. That made me leave them.

TL:DR If you need IP's they will eventually get them to you, at a price to be determined at the time they invoice you even though there was no mention of the $16 ANYWHERE until the invoice.

That is enough to keep me from buying servers from them. I haven't heard many good things about DataShack, but I had a similar IP pricing problem with Dacentec and they solved it for me immediately.

• @dhamaniasad said:
    That is enough to keep me from buying servers from them. I haven't heard many good things about DataShack, but I had a similar IP pricing problem with Dacentec and they solved it for me immediately.

Yah did not make me a happy camper. Friend of mine is still on them and hasn't had issues, he got his IP's a few weeks before me and as far as he has told me is still billing at the $12/month for a /28.

I know you said you can't wait a week, so what is your timeline "budget"? Most providers even if in stock are anywhere from 1 to 3 business days to set up anyways.

• @mitpatterson said:
    I know you said you can't wait a week, so what is your timeline "budget"? Most providers even if in stock are anywhere from 1 to 3 business days to set up anyways.

Well, my initial timeline budget was 12 hours from the time I started this thread, but since I haven't found anything yet, I'd say 3 normal days.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Andy said: @qps can do that.

We don't offer services in LA. We should have a server meeting your specs available in Atlanta on approximately Tuesday.

• I should be able to get you something within that range if not 10$ more. dual l5420 , 24 gb ram 1tb 10tbbw on a 1gbit port for 70-80 if you want management its only 15$ more. I am about to launch publically in the next few days, but can work deals before then, I also have low prices on SSLs, like Comodo Positive SSL for 6.99$ for 1 year, or get 4 years get the 5th free for $21.87. Let me know oxilary.czar on gmail

• @dhamaniasad I understand, sorry!

• @MikeIn said:
    fizzyjoe908 and concerto49 only comes to my mind @ the moment

We only do Dallas at this point.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

dhamaniasad said: I already have a server with them, but sadly they're out of stock.

We are back in stock.

• @dhamaniasad depending on timeline, I am expecting Delimiter to offer some interesting offers in LA next month. I am not sure exactly when but you maybe able to interrogate Steve for more data ([email protected])