Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHPFriends has black friday deals available
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHPFriends has black friday deals available

But on the order page it looks like the Storage offer only has 6GB of ram.

@PHP_Friends How much ram does this Storage offer have?

Thanked by 1ivysaur

Comments

• No thanks , 1.80 GHz

• @Hotmarer said: @PHP_Friends How much ram does this Storage offer have?

I would bet on 6 GB

Thanked by 3vyas11 DP Hotmarer
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited November 2022

Not great. In 2021 we had Xeon Gold 2vCPU, 8GB ram, 80GB SSD NVMe for 5.12 euro.

This one has less disk and worse CPU for 5.36eur.

500GB HDD storage for 9.90 is like standard pricing.

Inflation and electricity price hit really hard :(

But if someone finds these offers good I can only say that PHP-Friends is amazing, especially their CEO Tim :) you wont regret that you put money in their business. Genuine and good wam people there. Not typical greedy company.

• @AXYZE said:
    Not great. In 2021 we had Xeon Gold 2vCPU, 8GB ram, 80GB SSD NVMe for 5.12 euro.

But if someone finds these offers good I can only say that PHP-Friends is amazing, especially their CEO Tim :) you wont regret that you put money in their business. Genuine and good wam people there. Not typical greedy company.

PHP-Friends are a great choice, but I agree that these BF offers are a bit underwhelming compared to their previous promotions

Indeed, energy costs and general inflation ... :/

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2022

@Hotmarer said:
    @PHP_Friends How much ram does this Storage offer have?

6 GB as described. Am I getting something wrong?

// Edit: Got it. Will be fixed asap.

(Should be sufficient for storage purposes and that's what it's meant for :))

Thanked by 1Hotmarer

@Ght said:
    No thanks , 1.80 GHz

Absolutely not. 2.1 GHz on the storage servers and up to 3 GHz on the other offers but we're spreading them on many different nodes so we can't guarantee a specific CPU.

@AXYZE said:

Thanks for your feedback and esspecially your warm words! I wanna point out that our special offer concept differs from the usual way. The approach is to offer products we usually don't offer. I've blogged some words about this: https://blog.dataforest.net/en/blog/black-friday-bei-dataforest/

The Xeon Gold offer wasn't the Black Friday deal, it was the "Schnupperspecial". I've also mentioned why we didn't offer one this year in the linked blog article. And yes, currently it's hard to go to such low prices we were able to realize in the last two years, not only due to energy costs but also due to IP costs. That's an amount not to be underestimated when you're running out of IPs :)

Best Regards,
    Tim

Thanked by 2Hotmarer ivysaur
  • Because most of PHP Friends seems to be dedicated cores only, but these just say "CPU cores", I assume they aren't dedicated. What's the FUP on these?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2022

and stupid me was hoping I will upgrade my last year BF offer to something newer / more CPU power.

Love & hate relationship with php-friends :p

• Though I won't be getting any of these deals, PHP-Friends is the first host I found from this forum, and their support has been nothing short of amazing. I still own one of the regular services from them, 10/10, would recommend.

• @PHP_Friends said:

@AXYZE said:

Thanks for your feedback and esspecially your warm words! I wanna point out that our special offer concept differs from the usual way. The approach is to offer products we usually don't offer. I've blogged some words about this: https://blog.dataforest.net/en/blog/black-friday-bei-dataforest/

The Xeon Gold offer wasn't the Black Friday deal, it was the "Schnupperspecial". I've also mentioned why we didn't offer one this year in the linked blog article. And yes, currently it's hard to go to such low prices we were able to realize in the last two years, not only due to energy costs but also due to IP costs. That's an amount not to be underestimated when you're running out of IPs :)

Best Regards,
    Tim

Let's meetup at Qlimax Tim haha

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Were these on the main page? If so I missed it, if not, some links to this would be nice, especially thr $5 euro one.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@risharde said:
    Were these on the main page? If so I missed it, if not, some links to this would be nice, especially thr $5 euro one.

They would normally be listed under "vServer", but it's probably gone by now.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@DP said:

@risharde said:

Yup looks gone (not int he vserver section) but I feel like I did check on those days and didn't see any deals so that's why I was asking

• @risharde said:

@DP said:

@risharde said:

Yup looks gone (not int he vserver section) but I feel like I did check on those days and didn't see any deals so that's why I was asking

The promotions are over ("sold out"), but visit https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd/vserver-black-friday-2022-ssd-mini to see what they were. (There were three promotions)

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Those were on vServer page, but you had to scroll down past normal offers and many people missed it because "no indication of something new" - they shared the same color, schema etc.
    :D