Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS YouTube playback test
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS YouTube playback test

jason5545jason5545 Member
edited November 2022 in General

a while ago somebody make a post on LET that stated “A windows VPS that can’t play back YouTube is unacceptable for daily usage” I was in that post also, and my solution was nomachine, which works quite well, but it has a few drawbacks, dated app design, sometimes the video stream get choppy, a few days ago I seem to found a better solution, “jump desktop” which seems to have better overall performance
Here is some screen recording

the only cons for me are this is payware, considering the nomachine is free.
FYI the ping from my end to the server is 190ms, playback at 1080p.

Comments

• @jason5545 said:
    a while ago somebody make a post on LET that stated “A windows VPS that can’t play back YouTube is unacceptable for daily usage” I was in that post also, and my solution was nomachine, which works quite well, but it has a few drawbacks, dated app design, sometimes the video stream get choppy, a few days ago I seem to found a better solution, “jump desktop” which seems to have better overall performance

What’s the cost?

• @jmaxwell said:

@jason5545 said:

What’s the cost?

As for jump desktop, it’s $14.99 regularly, but $6.99 for Black Friday.

Thanked by 1Void
  • VoidVoid Member
    edited November 2022

Nice

Thanked by 1jason5545